1. 3's is hardly fun in HC gear meta. Not sure if you'll ever convince people to play vs LS/x and Smourne melee cleaves.

You're even acknowledging this by having a gear cap in the tournament.

2. That wont change the fact that no one will be playing 3s generally or in the future.
    What do you guys expect?
    Like there will be a lot of Teams in this Tournament which is good. I doubt that after the Tournament the 3s Bracket will be alive.
    You guys have to change something to attract Players for 3s overall
    2s is always gonna be more active since its easier to find 1 person to play with.

3. you guys should figure out a way for some crowd funding, im sure the warmane community can do better than a 5k prizepool :)

maybe a coin package where 50% will go to the tourney prizepool, or something other than coins like a transmog set.

4. That wont change the fact that no one will be playing 3s generally or in the future.
    What do you guys expect?
    Like there will be a lot of Teams in this Tournament which is good. I doubt that after the Tournament the 3s Bracket will be alive.
    You guys have to change something to attract Players for 3s overall
    I can't tell if ur trolling or just stupid. Tournaments are a great way to increase activity in the bracket. Before the tournament teams will queue and try to improve and try to qualify for the tourny. After the tournament teams will practice to make it to the next one.

5. What titles and mounts?

and Top 8 only for this pvp season? or next season?

6. Equal gear will be provided to all players on the realm.
    So what's the plan? Limiting the tournament gear to 264? Or allowing Shadowmourne/ilvl 264?

Allowing Shadowmourne is a very bad idea simply because it's umbalanced. Go queue 3s with clothies against UH/War/Holy with 2x SM. You're prolly dead in 1 or 2 GCD.

Not allowing Shadowmourne is a very bad idea simply because qualifications allow it to be used. So you qualify as UH/War/Holy with 2x SM, and they you play the comp with highest chances of win in the 264 meta.

Alllowing ilvl 284 for qualifications is also quite unfair to Lordearon due to how hard it is to get such items there. Though it's very unlikely that Lordaeron would line up a 3s team that could compete anyway.

It feels like something needs to be clarified...

7. you guys should figure out a way for some crowd funding, im sure the warmane community can do better than a 5k prizepool :)

maybe a coin package where 50% will go to the tourney prizepool, or something other than coins like a transmog set.
    Are you trolling here or does your greed know no boundaries?

8. 2s is always gonna be more active since its easier to find 1 person to play with.
    Which is why they should make shoulders available from 2's unless they're willing to cap gear/damage in 3's.

LS/x and melee cleaves with Smourne blowing things up in 2-3 globals will never be fun for people not playing that.

9. "The format of the tournament be Round Robin, containing 8 teams"
    WARRIOR
    PALADIN
    DEATH KNIGHT

Scripters, scripters everywhere

10. The only reason arena is dead, or is pretty much cancer if alive, is simply because of scripting. No tournament will change that, finding a way to disable scripting will.
    There's also a well known thing - abuse. Let's play BIS healer and abuse the lag around the corners, teamed with a Shadowmourne. Let's abuse the best combo, not because we like to play these characters, but because we know for sure we will win. It seems like no one is playing for fun, but for an interest. I miss the old days when you would see random combos. And don't tell me it's fun if you are equipped with BIS gear, that's only fun for you. I feel like there should be two arena queues, one for people who play for fun and gear-up, and the other one for abusers, scripters and BIS.
    Now, giving a prize like this is very generous and people should really appreciate that, it really is a motivation. But don't expect too much to change afterwards.

11. Wonderful idea and i would really like to believe that it will bring life to the 3s bracket. However, if i have to be logical and reasonable i have to say this one thing: *A healthy and competitive environment cannot be brought to the Arena sector until Shadowmourne restriction in arena is brought!* Keeping this in mind I dont think that the activity of the 3s ladder will increase significantly and this increase will be due to the prize and not due to the quality of the server. So now speaking from past experiences or rather promises that we all witnessed in the past such as the announcement of 3v3 tournament on Frostwolf for 2 consecutive seasons i will make a prediction!

NB! This tournament will actually not take place! They will realize that the desired effect of the event is not taking place and the activity of the 3s bracket is relatively low. Then they will make an excuse and they will call it off. Even worse they might not even mention anything about it and still call it off as they did wit hthe Frostwolf end of season tournaments back in the days.

P.S: I dont know how they can announce such a tournament when you can still hit through pillars in arena and there doesnt seem to be any plans to fix this xD but thats none of my business.

12. if there is no gear cap this is combo who gonna win

Prot Warr (with pve hc gear) + Hunt + Holy Pala
    or
    Arms Lolmourne warr + Aff Warlock + Holy Pala..

thast it..nothing fun to see on that tourament

13. The only reason arena is dead, or is pretty much cancer if alive, is simply because of scripting. No tournament will change that, finding a way to disable scripting will.
    There's also a well known thing - abuse. Let's play BIS healer and abuse the lag around the corners, teamed with a Shadowmourne. Let's abuse the best combo, not because we like to play these characters, but because we know for sure we will win. It seems like no one is playing for fun, but for an interest. I miss the old days when you would see random combos. And don't tell me it's fun if you are equipped with BIS gear, that's only fun for you. I feel like there should be two arena queues, one for people who play for fun and gear-up, and the other one for abusers, scripters and BIS.
    Now, giving a prize like this is very generous and people should really appreciate that, it really is a motivation. But don't expect too much to change afterwards.
    That's why there are two types of arenas, skirmishes and rated arenas - one is supposed to be for fun and testing and the other one for serious play

First 1234 Last