1. May I come with a suggestion?
    How about you live stream the picking of the winner? I would assume you could hide the account name, but only show the character name that has been picked. It's all fine you do it your way, but keeping it all hidden away, makes it less trustworthy. The particular prize is a big one, and people will of cause easily get upset, if they do not win, as many probably hope to be the winner. That is why, if you stream the picking of a winner in some way, or make a small video of the draw, you will gain from trust, instead of having to battle people like those in this thread, that claims the server has scammed them, in some sort of way.
    The generation of the winner is a function in the backend of the website, there is no output from it nor is there a point in livestreaming it (the function running and pulling a winner out of all tickets?) when it's calculated within milliseconds.

I can't understand users gripes with trustworthyness when it comes to an official lottery that the user him/herself chooses to play (or not).

2. The generation of the winner is a function in the backend of the website, there is no output from it nor is there a point in livestreaming it (the function running and pulling a winner out of all tickets?) when it's calculated within milliseconds.

I can't understand users gripes with trustworthyness when it comes to an official lottery that the user him/herself chooses to play (or not).
    A lottery is in some sort of way, a way of giving normal players a hope to achieve something, that they usually cannot obtain. But a lottery also requires some sort of payment, in this case, points/gold/coins. So people will ofc require some sort of reassurance from you guys, to know it is legit. This is the internet, and not some sort of World Wide known organisation, which we can actually get access to or information from, in order to verify stuff. Cus the only "stuff" we got from Warmane, to verify this lottery, is your own words. You ask for lots of different things to make a player's account secure, so why can't players ask for some sort of security from you guys, to be sure it is legit?

*Let it be known, I'm not saying Warmane is some sort of shady business, I'm just trying to show the perspective of some players view of this lottery*

3. if you don't trust them than don't participate in the lottery. plain and simple. stop whining for the sake of whining.

4. So people will ofc require some sort of reassurance from you guys, to know it is legit.
    The fact that anyone could think this likely means they don't really have any business playing here in the first place. If you can't trust us on something as insignificant as a lottery, then what business do they have trusting us with their emails, cc info, etc?
    This is absurd.

5. But what is wrong with showing the winner?

(Dont start a negative pattern of argumentation, I'm staying calm and asking pretty simple and nice)

6. But what is wrong with showing the winner?
    Nothing. We simply clearly see no need to waste time and resources on that, and we won't be pressured into it to appease ludicrous paranoia.
    If you don't trust it, don't use it, and that's the end of that.

7. Please don't close the Lottery system just because a few people says something else. They can just stop buying the tickets instead of spreading false rumors or maybe banning their a/c from using the lottery would be a good idea.

8. But what is wrong with showing the winner?
    Via the method you said? The winner is shown when they claim the price.

Please don't close the Lottery system just because a few people says something else. They can just stop buying the tickets instead of spreading false rumors or maybe banning their a/c from using the lottery would be a good idea.
    They jump to quick conclusions and enjoy the drama and attention they get. The old lottery had many unclaimed rewards and nobody was this crazy about conspiracy theories.

... all this because the 1st winners haven't claimed them.. yet.

9. Please let's enjoy this and ignore naysayers for the new feature we have.

I've seen a lot of requests of having lottery, now stop ruining it.

Thank for this feature Warmane! Good job. :)

Pretty cool from my POV.

10. For me personally "Unclaimed" = "No winner yet, come and check later". I have checking this page the whole last week with hope the winner will appear, just to be sure thats its not me who won the jackpot.
    Showing the winner's name is the important part of any lottery system. Same as when you show the account names with *** in the game chat when you ban them.
    Show us the winner, even with *** if you decide its necessary. So people could see they lost in this draw.
    Best regards.

11. For me personally "Unclaimed" = "No winner yet, come and check later". I have checking this page the whole last week with hope the winner will appear, just to be sure thats its not me who won the jackpot.
    If it says unclaimed and you don't see anything different on lottery page, you did not win. You don't have to check it every day just to make sure. Edifice said that lottery is fully automated so I assume that winner is automatically picked as soon as the lottery ends and there should never be a time period when lottery is over but winner is not chosen yet.

Showing the winner's name is the important part of any lottery system. Same as when you show the account names with *** in the game chat when you ban them.
    Show us the winner, even with *** if you decide its necessary. So people could see they lost in this draw.
    There would be people with account names where first few letters match the winner. Then they will come to forum and complain that they can't claim their prize because they will think that they won. Also there have been people complaining about account names appearing when they get banned for privacy/security reasons so they wouldn't like account names appearing on lottery page either.

12. Can someone define "varams" for me? Never heard of the word in the English dictionary before.

13. All i want is you to pick the more suitable word than this "Unclaimed". Because "Unclaimed" is just "Not claimed". Not claimed by who? Maybe i won?! But i cant find any info about how to claim the prize!
    U could just write something like: "This round is over, the winner will get the prize in the next 24h via in-game mail." Maybe in shorter words. Or just remove the last draw info 1 day after it ends - it will make more clearance than "unclaimed".
    And why you hide the winner's name, but decide we should know about the winner has claimined his prize or not?

14. All i want is you to pick the more suitable word than this "Unclaimed". Because "Unclaimed" is just "Not claimed". Not claimed by who? Maybe i won?! But i cant find any info about how to claim the prize!
    U could just write something like: "This round is over, the winner will get the prize in the next 24h via in-game mail." Maybe in shorter words. Or just remove the last draw info 1 day after it ends - it will make more clearance than "unclaimed".
    And why you hide the winner's name, but decide we should know about the winner has claimined his prize or not?
    Winners have to open lottery page and choose which character they want to receive the prize on. If it works like previous lottery back on Molten, when a winner chooses a char, it will show their chars name instead of "Unclaimed". "Unclaimed" is just a placeholder til winner chooses a char.

If you can think of a word that is more suitable than "Unclaimed", you can suggest it (probably in a direct message to Edifice, as he said before).
    Edited: April 21, 2019

15. Okay, now i see. As the table is filled with the names of the winners, it becomes clear how the lottery works. I mistakenly thought that the names of the winners would be hidden all the time, because I missed the fact that the account has one name but there could be various characters names, which, in fact, receive the prize itself.

Its a good feature to help with destroying excess gold on Icecrown and unnecessary Points for those who only play on Lordaeron.
    But i think the gold price of the tickets should be a bit closer to its market value. The market value looks quite stable for the last 2 years thanks to annually gold halving policy. I guess something like 500±200 (instead of 2000) gold on Lordaeron, 2500±500 (instead of 5000) on Icecrown and 250±100 on Outland.

First 123 Last