1. 64-bit client for WotLK 3.3.5a (Mac)

Hey guys,

Apple has been doing some updates recently and I've been getting system warnings that in a future (coming soon) update, the OS will not support 32-bit clients, including the current 3.3.5a WotLK client for Mac.

Any Mac users here that are using a 64-bit version of the 3.3.5a WotLK client here? Would appreciate some good sources or if Warmane offers its own version.

Thanks guys.

2. Hello,

Today Apple updated to MacOS Catalina, which as mentioned by artoodeetoo doesn't support 32-bit apps anymore. Do we have any updates on a 64-bit wotlk client?

Thanks

3. No.
    Unless Blizzard releases 3.3.5 source there's no way of "updating" it to 64bit.
    Don't update. Use Bootcamp. Use a VM or install Linux.

4. How hard is it to set up bootcamp, or something similar? I'm worried my warmane days may be ending...

5. As from the first time when Apple warned us about the retire of 32-bit apps support I was collecting 64-bit client .app files which I found. The problem is, that every of this .app files has different bug. If there is somebody around who has some experience, I can share those files to make a working client for players.

6. I guess it is easier using WoW for windows with a virtual machine or setting a dual boot with windows

7. As from the first time when Apple warned us about the retire of 32-bit apps support I was collecting 64-bit client .app files which I found. The problem is, that every of this .app files has different bug. If there is somebody around who has some experience, I can share those files to make a working client for players.
    I'd be happy to help out on this, I've got some experience with re-patching apps in macOS. Maybe we can compile a reasonably stable client..

It shouldn't be hard patching a new 64-bit client, I think it's just a question of re-compiling the executable in 64-bit format and possibly changing some libraries. Perhaps we may need the game source code, Warmane may be able to help out with this.

8. I'd be happy to help out on this, I've got some experience with re-patching apps in macOS. Maybe we can compile a reasonably stable client..

It shouldn't be hard patching a new 64-bit client, I think it's just a question of re-compiling the executable in 64-bit format and possibly changing some libraries. Perhaps we may need the game source code, Warmane may be able to help out with this.
    There is no game (client nor server) source code available, Blizzard keeps that safe.
    Your best bet is to disassemble it and pray to gods you can assemble it back as a 64bit program. That's not so easy as each pointer is larger, where game had 4bytes for some address now it needs 8 bytes, so you move everything a bit.
    Go ahead and try, if you get an easy way to do it you can sell your services online, should be pretty profitable.

9. Maybe the release of "wotlk classic" this fall will solve our problem ?
    Do you think we 'll be able to use this future app and log into warmane server with it ?

10. Maybe the release of "wotlk classic" this fall will solve our problem ?
    Do you think we 'll be able to use this future app and log into warmane server with it ?
    No. And it's unlikely that someone will make it work in the future, but we will see.