1. WTF! Happend to the TBC Server?

When I joined about, lets say, 2 years ago, this server was maxed out everyday it seemed. Day and Night. I know the Sunwell patch has been out for awhile but where did everyone go? I have been away for awhile. I logged on today and it was at 912 pop. What happened to the 10k pop I am use to seeing? Did everyone get bored with Sunwell? Did they pwn the **** out of it so quick and get the best the gear, they were like, **** this server I am done? Was their a badge wipe? Or was it the fact that you didn't have to work for attunements anymore? I remember pplz spamming Kara, Mag, Grulls, that one chain quest in ShadowMoon, like crazy. What happened? Hell, even the Wrath server is still maxed out. I just don't get it. I am sad. =(

2. if I was to guess people underestimated how much of a grind tbc is

3. It was just ''nostalgia feeder''. For me personally, as I am sure for most people it was the deep need to experience that oldschool grind and TBC areas. But once you get the ''ahh it was good'' feeling you are done, and it will always stay so. That's why people are always remembering that same feeling and looking for it, but they know that even if blizz would offer old exp it wont be the same, never will. Its the human nature to experience good memories in this way (but thats another topic)

If you dont have a lot of time to play, the server (expansion) that offers less time-consuming content is always more attractive.

4. All people will be back in TBC some day when Warmane patch it to 2.4.3 xD
    Thats the reason why i don't play TBC

5. In my opinion Id say TBC and Vanilla are vastly overrated grinds and largely unbalanced class-wise. But people definitely didn't seem to get it into their heads that everything would end up on the cash shop, even when they warned it was happening anyway.
    Edited: April 7, 2019

6. if I was to guess people underestimated how much of a grind tbc is
    Which leads to the question why rep and prof rates are still kept on a x1 rate.
    That could have been changed a long time ago...

7. When I joined about, lets say, 2 years ago, this server was maxed out everyday it seemed. Day and Night. I know the Sunwell patch has been out for awhile but where did everyone go? I have been away for awhile. I logged on today and it was at 912 pop. What happened to the 10k pop I am use to seeing? Did everyone get bored with Sunwell? Did they pwn the **** out of it so quick and get the best the gear, they were like, **** this server I am done? Was their a badge wipe? Or was it the fact that you didn't have to work for attunements anymore? I remember pplz spamming Kara, Mag, Grulls, that one chain quest in ShadowMoon, like crazy. What happened? Hell, even the Wrath server is still maxed out. I just don't get it. I am sad. =(
    The cash shop and lack of updates and whatnot drove away the players to other servers

8. The cash shop and lack of updates and whatnot drove away the players to other servers
    Not accurate at all.
    A very large portion of the TBC community chases "fresh" servers because they enjoy progression.
    The shop was very well explained before the server was even launched. Anyone who chose to play on the realm are subjecting themselves to it willingly.
    As for lack of updates, there have been constant ongoing updates and fixes. Them not being presented in some sort of announcement or a changelog doesn't mean they don't exist.