1. Healing on this server/Don’t do it!

A month ago I started playing a disc priest on this server. I heard some positive and negative reactions and I wanted to see it by my self. I first created a mage but i could never do a dungeon or raid because their are a lot of DPS’ers. I wanted to give healing a chance and it made me quit the server for good. I really enjoy healing and played a resto shaman as an alt since TBC. This server is an expectation. People here expect you to heal and save their mistakes every single time. How dare you not to heal the tank when he pulls 4 mobs when the healer is drinking while OOM! I’ve got whispers with death threats and the most disgusting trash talk from some mentally ill people who pull aggro or don’t listen to tactics and die. Some players are 50% of the time AFK or do little as possible damage because they get lazy doing Fos/Pos or something else for the 500x time. Why should i do my best every single time when i get in groups with people who don’t give a F and think they can sit back and relax because they joined as a DPS. I asked some other healers if they experience the same and almost everyone says that the disrespect to healers on this server is real. People don’t want to take responsability and take the blame so they choose to dps. This server has attracted the biggest amount of toxicity you can get. This P2W system attracts a lot of egoistic players who don’t care about teamwork. Everyone got a big mouth when they have donated gear/weapons but they have no balls to tank or heal!

2. There's a lot here that I can agree with. Except this,
    This P2W system attracts a lot of egoistic players who don’t care about teamwork. Everyone got a big mouth when they have donated gear/weapons but they have no balls to tank or heal!
    People usually don't develop an ego because they donated. Some do, but those are a minority. I'd say the biggest factor that is affecting this sort of behavior is that the game is provided on a free-to-play basis. Anyone can just make an account and play, and if you get banned, you're only losing time unless you're a big donor.

Unfortunately, that's the internet for you. You have to make friends, join a guild, etc. if you're to improve your experience in the game while dealing with others.

3. Unfortunately, that's the internet for you.
    I stepped into this server 9 years ago and people haven't changed much, there are *****s everywhere.

4. I’ve got whispers with death threats and the most disgusting trash talk from some mentally ill people who pull aggro or don’t listen to tactics and die.
    Oh if there was only a way to deal with those kinds of people.... OH WAIT, there is! /ignore!

You never need to do your best in dungeons, once you're above like 5.4k as disc priest you can pretty much use PW:S and POM, Penance when someone is about to die, that's all you need to do later.

Now consider dealing with people you don't like ingame instead of making a butthurt post. Ignore is one option, other option is to vote-kick them out of dugeons. Groups are sometimes reasonable and you can talk to other 3/5 members to kick the dude that's just plain rude.

5. There's a lot here that I can agree with. Except this,

People usually don't develop an ego because they donated. Some do, but those are a minority. I'd say the biggest factor that is affecting this sort of behavior is that the game is provided on a free-to-play basis. Anyone can just make an account and play, and if you get banned, you're only losing time unless you're a big donor.

Unfortunately, that's the internet for you. You have to make friends, join a guild, etc. if you're to improve your experience in the game while dealing with others.
    or maybe better QoL changes, my idea for heals and tanks incentive is extra loot from the RDF system, a free bag of something random (like they added in later expansions)

- just an idea :)

6. Oh if there was only a way to deal with those kinds of people.... OH WAIT, there is! /ignore!

You never need to do your best in dungeons, once you're above like 5.4k as disc priest you can pretty much use PW:S and POM, Penance when someone is about to die, that's all you need to do later.

Now consider dealing with people you don't like ingame instead of making a butthurt post. Ignore is one option, other option is to vote-kick them out of dugeons. Groups are sometimes reasonable and you can talk to other 3/5 members to kick the dude that's just plain rude.
    My /ignore has been full from 2 days on this server

7. This state of icecrown is the legacy of the ex-Neltharion(Wotlk) server.
    While we were all hanging in the old Lordaeron or the old Frostwolf(Wotlk) with PEACE!
    The condition of the Ex-Nelthraion(Wotlk) was no different from the condition of today's Icecrown.
    Neltharion should have stayed that way. Merging Neltharion becomes today's discussion.

8. or maybe better QoL changes, my idea for heals and tanks incentive is extra loot from the RDF system, a free bag of something random (like they added in later expansions)

- just an idea :)
    How about NO?

You're supposed to heal and tank because you like it, not because you'll get something extra or w/e. Already existent benefit of being a tank/heal is shorter queue and actually being useful. Isn't that enough?

9. Opinions are different..
    But i actually like thise ******ed pulls.
    Makes it a bit of a challange to heal.

10. Healing is no where close to as bad as tanking. It's always some stupid braindead mage or hunterthat whines. They like to press tab and then mash buttons becsuse nithing can ever be their fault if they play like that

11. Healing is no where close to as bad as tanking. It's always some stupid braindead mage or hunterthat whines. They like to press tab and then mash buttons becsuse nithing can ever be their fault if they play like that
    As a DPS, I can admit it. The number of people I saw that charged and used AoE right after tank used taunt or was trying to position itself and obviously died is out of this world. Not to mention, its always tanks/healer fault. MD? Tot? Defensive cds if you ****ed up? Yea, you may dream about it.

12. As a DPS, I can admit it. The number of people I saw that charged and used AoE right after tank used taunt or was trying to position itself and obviously died is out of this world. Not to mention, its always tanks/healer fault. MD? Tot? Defensive cds if you ****ed up? Yea, you may dream about it.
    Be petty, don't get hit cap as tank, remove taunt related glyph. No sorry if they die when your taunt misses. Oh oopsie whoopsie.

13. A month ago I started playing a disc priest on this server. I heard some positive and negative reactions and I wanted to see it by my self. I first created a mage but i could never do a dungeon or raid because their are a lot of DPS’ers. I wanted to give healing a chance and it made me quit the server for good. I really enjoy healing and played a resto shaman as an alt since TBC. This server is an expectation. People here expect you to heal and save their mistakes every single time.…... This P2W system attracts a lot of egoistic players who don’t care about teamwork. Everyone got a big mouth when they have donated gear/weapons but they have no balls to tank or heal!
    well this is reality, there are lots of self-centered and toxic people everywhere, even in real life. This aint your fault, you just met the wrong people. When you meet the right ones, not only will you feel inspired, you'll also feel respected. Don't let others discourage you in your passion, instead persevere until you meet those who value you. It will always be their loss if they don't appreciate you.

and you can only feel this struggle when you're starting. when you're geared and honed up your skills, a good healer is always loved and respected by party/raid members ^^. I'm speaking this as a healer for more than 8 years and believe me, its REWARDING.

Lastly, I find it ridiculously funny when people who trashtalk you before are now singing praises and adoration for your irreplaceable support xD

14. This server is free-to-play so that's one of the reasons why more number of toxic people are here.
    Healers are disrespected same as tanks are. I'm playing tank and I can't tell you how many times people think It's my fault for dying and for not doing something I shouldn't even do. Many times it happens that people don't know tactics, pull mobs that I don't even see, healers don't heal main tank and heal off tank much more instead and many other bull****s you can find on this server. What happens? Blame me tank of course.

I had icc10 yesterday and people were bad as ****. 90% of them didn't know tactics but they expect from me to do everything for them.

Use ignore function to ignore people who annoy you or are toxic. I already have like 40+ names in ignore list. It's ridiculous how people can be stubborn ***.
    So you're not the only one here. I usually blame healers as they do not heal what they should (i even do warning that i changed taunt so they heal me more but they still heal other tank 2x more and then wonder how i died).

123 Last