1. Can't get MoP to work...

When I start it, it just says there's an update and links me to a blizzard page wich doesn't exist. It says this (Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-18273.MPQ: World of Warcraft can’t make a required change to an archive file. Be sure you have write permission for the World of Warcraft folder or try running the game in administrator mode. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6910)
    Edited: April 7, 2019

2. Same issue here.

Fresh install (I haven't touched WoW since 2006, and this is a completely new machine since then - total WoW virgin). Downloaded MoP via BitTorrent using the link provided on Warmane's downloads page (not the minimalist version, but I'm going to try that next). When it didn't work the first time, I figured maybe something had corrupted in the download, so I deleted it and then tried again. Same issue. Doesn't matter if I run it as an administrator or no.

OS is Windows 7 Home Premium, if that matters. Definitely clicking the "Wow.exe" icon. There isn't even another .exe in this folder for me to accidentally get it confused with.

EDIT:

Go out to your game folder, right-click, uncheck the box next to "read-only." Seems to be working just fine for me now, so far.