1. [Blackrock] No motivation to play arena

Since starting to gear again, I've found that I don't even want to play arena. We just try to rush a rating as fast as possible, and sit there while farming '10v1 in quest gear'- sorry, Battlegrounds. AFKing Wintersgrasp whenever it's up and generally being bored.

Because of the lack of gear, queueing again is a risk to the rating you need to buy honor-parts.

This also leaves me extremely unmotivated to gear alts. I don't think I could do this BG farm more than 3x. Some people outright refuse to do BGs too.

Also Transmog scroll rates are incredibly low.

Suggestions:
    1. Remove the need to BE the rating to buy items, e.g once you've been 1800 weapon purchasing is a constant unlock
    2. Make some other ways of farming gear, battlegrounds aren't fun. Also make them more efficient if it's not arena, because that's the end goal
    3. Change arena point capping back to twice weekly.. Gear progression on live was just to get people to pay sub forever People on a PVP server just want to be able to play bala-.... (remembers hc gear meta) semi-balanced arena
    4. Change shoulders from 2.2 3's to a more achievable farm similar to the ones from the Shadowmourne quest. If people think the shoulders are unachievable from the beginning they won't even bother with 3's, make it 3's related, but make it more achievable. At the moment the Shadowmourne quest is easier than getting WF shoulders, which effects more than 3 classes.
    5. Long shot, but make Shadowmourne teams and Warr/Pals more likely to face each other rather than people who actually want to enjoy playing the game
    6. Remove RoV
    Edited: April 10, 2019

2. I suggest to implement a system on Blackrock which rewards every arena win with a small amount of honor points.
    The amount of rewarded honor is based on the length of the fight, the opponents MMR and the arena bracket.
    - Long lasting arena games reward more honor than short battles.
    - 3s rewards more honor than 2s and soloq.
    - Beating a high MMR team rewards more honor than beating a low MMR team.

With such a system Blackrock players would have the choice to grind honor through arena instead of BGs.
    It would make it worth to play more than just 10 games per flush and consequently it would increase the arena activity drastically.
    3s could reward significant more honor than 2s/soloq and those the incentive to play 3s would be increased drastically.

3. It could help. but it still doesn't change the need to be at the rating, constantly going in and out of it as you face higher geared teams is just frustrating.

Also people gearing from 3's is unlikely. I tried 3's the other day and faced a Smourne TC (hpal), a Smourne TC (Disc), and a bis LSD. As I've said before, skill can counter gear, except with hc BIS and Smourne. An 8k crit Mortal Strike can't be outplayed.

It now makes little sense to keep the shoulders at a rating cap either, especially when you can get the best weapon in the game easier than them. It just gives those 3 classes an even greater advantage than they will have from that item. i.e: everyone else is missing one part of their bis, but you have Smourne.

If only they were willing to open Quel'Danas again and make it offer honor and honor bonuses for high kill counts. Or do something similar in the WG zone.

4. Also people gearing from 3's is unlikely. I tried 3's the other day and faced a Smourne TC (hpal), a Smourne TC (Disc), and a bis LSD. As I've said before, skill can counter gear, except with hc BIS and Smourne. An 8k crit Mortal Strike can't be outplayed.
    If each win in 3s would reward honor and that honor reward would be like twice the amount of 2s then starter geared players would begin to play 3s to farm honor.
    Consquently those starter geared teams would also face starter geared opponents and the 3s bracket would be no longer only for BiS geared players.

5. I'm not as optimistic. From what I've seen of 3's recently, it's full geared teams spamming for people to queue for 3's in global.

In 2's you can survive the high gear a little easier, but in 3's they can play more offensive because of the healer/other dps. So 2's will still likely end up being the most efficient farm because you don't have losses to full gear and people rage quitting because they didn't have enough haste to outheal a bis TSG on their warlock.

If they could make it so you face only other starter geared people until you reach a certain GS or rating, then maybe it could work. But the gear difference from Relentless with those low offsets and full WF and heroic offsets is insane. It's not the same as before where you could manage to outheal and kite a gear-capped full wf player or outheal non-crit LS/x spam. Those people crit way more and deal way more damage in general.