1. Sent mail to wrong character

Can I somehow get it back? it was an epic item that kinda cost me a bit

2. Unless the person is like super nice (read: not the brightest bulb) and they return it, you're not getting it back.

You've typed in the wrong name and now you know to double check.

3. Depends on who you sent it..
    If you sent it to some inactive player, chances are you'll get it back after 30 days (when the mail gets returned to sender).
    If you know who you sent it to, you could send them mail and ask them to return the item (I'd recommend offering something in return, e.g. "can you send it back to me with 1K C.O.D).
    Greedy person gets it, doesn't want to return it and keeps it. Nothing can be done.

Staff doesn't return items, unless the item(s) were bought with coins. Don't think they'd return one in this case.

4. It was wodin necklace so 1k CoD wudnt make sense :P I sent it to a character whos name is different by 1 letter to my char and on retail my char name was exactly as his thats why I made this misstake. I remember you could open a ticket and get it fixed on retail thats why I was asking. Guess I just have to wait. Thanks for fast responses.

5. It was wodin necklace so 1k CoD wudnt make sense :P I sent it to a character whos name is different by 1 letter to my char and on retail my char name was exactly as his thats why I made this misstake. I remember you could open a ticket and get it fixed on retail thats why I was asking. Guess I just have to wait. Thanks for fast responses.
    send him another letter, so when the new letter arrives and the item doesn't, u'll know he took the item, or just have reminder for it (29 days).
    The 1K was just an example, ofc you don't need to offer that much if it's just wodin's necklace.

Was it ally/horde side?

6. ally, and on armory his recent activity was 2 months ago, so I guess ill just have to wait 29