1. The only real way of balancing battlegrounds with mercenary mode would be mixing alliance and horde from all realms into horde teams. Horde PvP players would still move to alliance if they wanted to do arenas but in battlegrounds they would often be in horde team so teams should be more balanced. But apparently that can't be done because of WoW lore.
    I think the better solution would be to fix the root of the problem which is the superior human racial.
    Buff the PvP trinket so dedicated PvPer don't have to roll humans anymore.
    A buffed PvP trinket combined with free transfers to horde would fix the faction imbalance issue in BGs but it would also fix faction imbalance in Wpvp, arena and WG.

The question is: Whats more of a custom content and against the WoW lore?
    Cross-faction mercenary mode on all realms or a custom PvP trinket with some additional resilience or extra gem slots?
    Edited: April 22, 2019

2. Or just buff the PvP trinket so dedicated PvPer don't have to roll humans anymore.
    That combined with free transfers to horde would fix the faction imbalance issue in BGs but also in Wpvp and arena.

The question is: Whats more of a custom content and against the WoW lore.
    Cross-faction mercenary mode on all realms or a custom PvP trinket with some additional resilience or extra gem sockets.
    This.

What about bringing the things back to normality, remove cross-realm which nobody likes, remove mercenary mode which nobody likes, and maybe work on the ONLY problem of the pvp imbalancing, the human racial???

Ok the staff doesn't want to mess with the racials, understandable, but despite addressing the main problem we are reaching ridicolous levels of custom here, we are just a few steps of implementing flying donkeys shooting lasers in bgs for balance it out.

The improved pvp medallion is really a good idea, please Warmane Staff, give it a shot.

3. I think the better solution would be to fix the root of the problem which is the superior human racial.
    Buff the PvP trinket so dedicated PvPer don't have to roll humans anymore.
    A buffed PvP trinket combined with free transfers to horde would fix the faction imbalance issue in BGs but it would also fix faction imbalance in Wpvp, arena and WG.

The question is: Whats more of a custom content and against the WoW lore?
    Cross-faction mercenary mode on all realms or a custom PvP trinket with some additional resilience or extra gem slots?
    Or let everyone choose which racial they want. That way they won't have to be alliance to get human racial. Buffing the trinket the right amount to make it balanced could be harder since the alternative trinkets are different for each class.

4. The question is: Whats more of a custom content and against the WoW lore?
    Make BG's faction fluid. No more Horde vs Alliance, now it's Blue vs Red. You never know which side you queue for.

Or let everyone choose which racial they want. That way they won't have to be alliance to get human racial. Buffing the trinket the right amount to make it balanced could be harder since the alternative trinkets are different for each class.
    Disable racials at BG's. It's only fair you go to BG pretty much only with your gear and skill.

5. Disable racials at BG's. It's only fair you go to BG pretty much only with your gear and skill.
    I don't think it matters much in BG's. They go alliance to get human racial in arenas. BG's just suffer from it the most as a result.

6. Make BG's faction fluid. No more Horde vs Alliance, now it's Blue vs Red. You never know which side you queue for.
    best option.

7. Or let everyone choose which racial they want. That way they won't have to be alliance to get human racial.
    I'd be up for it but it would be even more of a custom thing and against the lore of the races. I'm afraid that there are many ppl that wouldn't like that.
    Not sure if it would be even possible to implement that w/o a custom WoW client.
    Buffing the trinket the right amount to make it balanced could be harder since the alternative trinkets are different for each class.
    If the buffed pvp trinket has only passive stats and no proc effect it's anyway not possible to make it even to PvE trinkets.
    I believe it's impossible to make all the races perfectly balanced in PvP but a buffed trinket would at least reduce the huge gap between the superior human racial and the rest.

I think http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50343 serves good as a average secondary BiS trinket that is used by humans.
    It's proc effect has a uptime of around 33% which translates in 412 passive AP.
    The buffed version of the PvP trinket would need to have 10 custom gem slots or 200 extra resilience to grant a somewhat equal benefit like http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50343.
    Keeping in mind that other races than human would still have their individual racials in addition to the buffed trinket, I think the buffed trinket should have like 140 extra resilience or 7 custom gem slots.
    The stats of the buffed trinket could be still fine-tuned later on depending on what races high rated Blackrock players choose in arena after it's implementation.

8. Mercenary mode. What sounded like a good idea is now killing all fun on Icecrown-Horde BGs:
    - Mercenary mode is just erasing blacrock-alliance players from our BGs: they just play ally vs ally now.
    - On the other hand, horde BGs are full of blackrock players (5.5k relentless players).
    - 85% of this players are either trolls, noobs or people that is just testing another specs.
    - So now BIS Icecrown-alliance tryhards are premading more than ever, cose they enjoy farming trash-geared people.
    - As a result of this situation, lot of old Horde players (even full guild) are switching to alliance cose free BG wins.
    - Mercenary mode on Blackrock = No more allys queing vs Horde-Icecrown players, so queues are now longer for hrode side.
    - Situation gets worst and worst. Horde side is lacking from PvP guilds and those who have the 30 points say bye bye.

This situation will get worse, you will see it. The horde of Icecrown no longer has short ques, nor do they have newbes to farm cose of bracket separation (another terrible idea implemented). We (Icecrown-Horde) are surrounded by a bunch of Blackrock players, waiting to be farmed by BIS Icecrown-Alliances. There is no reason to be Horde anymore. I hope that the players who are left here will transfer to alliance side and the PvP will definitely die. maybe then Warmane will make some changes and fix the situation.

9. I would say, a 253 resilience +1 socket medallion would be a good start. 100 more resi, 1 customizable socket slot would indeed reduce the gap between humans and other races, but still mantain the human racial competitive.

Because nobody want to nerf to hell humans, just reduce the gap.

It would be really nice to hear from the staff about this, if they might consider it or is just a no.

10. Gave up on solo-queue BGs completely, playing for hours daily just to get that one daily victory made me go insane

11. They are nothing to do. More resi?? Do you know resi have cap, so stacking resi is useless. In fact even, if you have a full resi, you 'll be crush because arp is stronger than resi (full relentless with a bit of wf on my frost dk 25k armor 1100 resi, under frost stance + other, so more than 14% of damage vs a hunter wf semi-pve full arp, literally 6 shoots me). So an human with sadowmourne, semi-pve = win. In fact they sould take more damage due to this lack of trincket (so 150 less resi) but no .It's possible because alliance have more player, witch mean more healer (aka lol one-spell = full heal + absord damage, other time spamming mass dispell ). Healer make this combo god-like. Even if the horde have more healer, they 'll be crush because outgeared and by humain racial. This is exactly what you see in arena dk, war, pala, with healer = god tier.
    In this expansion healer are god, and arp is so op. This is just the final stage of easy tryharding on woltk.
    (I'm horde player)

12. I like the realm-shared feature. That's the best they could make and blizzlike. I'm horde and indeed you can't win a bg with it but it's because people suck.

13. Well yesterday and the day before were fine... i was doing about 50/50 and 60/40 win loss... but now its back to alliance outgearing all the time. and losing 9 out of 10 i'd reckon. I played like 4 and all lost, but judging from the gear you keep encountering on alliance, i'd say it's a decent enough approximation. So that would make it that as a Horde you'll have a day or 2 that you win and lose, then you'll be losing a lot for a time... which means satan, i mean ****stain, and his beloved alliance slaverfaction still has the upper hand. So yeah.... and yeah the human racial pretty much tops any other racial now cause the endgame-trinkets are very op, so basically an extra endgame-trinket outmatches any other racial. This could be offset if the Troll's haste racial would be reverted to the state it was in during Vanilla, where being low health would increase your haste significantly when you pop the racial.

14. First of all, Warmane has access to much better info about how the horde-alliance win ratios are after this change. I'd love to hear some feedback from devs about how this is working out in their eyes, because anybody can make a post about his personal experiences, and it doesn't mean a whole lot.

But assuming that there IS a problem and horde is winning too seldom, then the obvious solution would be to prioritize the better-geared Blackrock Alliance players when assigning them to serve as mercenaries for horde. That should solve the problem- the better geared Blackrock players are those who are serious about their toons and not someone who just made an instant 80 to mess around with. Plus, Blackrock has some of the best pvpers on the server - the average high-level Blackrock arena player is much better than the average bg hero on Icecrown. We all know it's true.

What is 100% NOT the solution is to go back to having 15 minute queues for Ally - actually it would probably be closer to 30 minutes now, considering that there do seem to have been a number of transfers to Ally since the change. Mercenary mode has solved that problem, and if the system needs to be tweaked then go ahead and tweak it, but I'm tired of hearing horde players act like their bg experience is the only one that matters and if Alliance players have to wait a long time to play then that's perfectly fine.

15. right now i am on a team that is 4k and under ally, we are playing against almost a full team of relentless blackrocks horde.

system clearly isn't perfect, queue is quick though and that is whats important

First 1234 Last