1. The state of hackers on this server?

Most rogues, feral druids tend to hide. Now, I'm no expert, but a mount should be naturally faster than a rogue or a feral druid, especially when they're INVISIBLE or DIED recently, giving the person time to "get away". This is not the case, and most overly aggressively rogues tend to somehow catch up. Now, like I said, I'm no expert, but that doesn't make sense. I understand there are trinkets to speed up movement, but not at the distance I'm specifying.

I just want to ask, how SUCCESSFUL are the GMs at catching speed hackers? I almost feel the majority playerbase just "don't care" about being banned here. Why is that? I can see that rules are being enforced, but is the pace of these bans too slow to cause an impact? or are the rules too lenient for people to care?

2. unless the anticheat picks up on what they're doing hackers need to be reported with evidence by players. there are not enough gm's for them to just randomly check on players to make sure they're not doing anything suspicious.

no clue how good warmanes anticheat is, but it's probably safe to say there's programs out there to get around it.

3. It probably depends on which expansion you are playing. On wotlk anti-cheat seems pretty good and I haven't seen any obvious speed hacks lately. I don't know much about rogues but they have some spells that make them faster.

4. Nitro boosts also work in stealth, which gives a move speed superior to a Rogue's Sprint ability as well. This is usually how I catch mounted people from stealth on my own Rogue.
    Shadowstep can be used as well if the Rogue manages to get in range of you.

5. this answered everything. Thanks.

6. There were speed hackers in pug bgs just last night on icecrown.
    Watched shammy blink across the field in about 2 seconds. Opened map and watched him teleport around too.