1. Can we stop players advertising their characters for selling on global?

Dont you guys find it annoying af to have every second post on Global be WTS {insert char class here} FOR {X} AMOUNT OF COINS.
    isn't the warmane trade system enough when it comes to sorting and advertising? Seems to take alot from the legit game experience imo
    i have ignored over 200 ppl in the last week alone and i still get WTS CHARACTER spam alot

2. We begged for years for a restraint for global and we finally got the 40 sec mute? anyway its great, f'ing thank you, Everyone loves it.
    Please don't let ous beg for as long for these "character sellers" please f'ing god.
    This started at a low pace at first but now it has most certainly scaled out of proportions, there are more character sellers then anything, global won't soon be only filled with WTS "HUGE WALL OF CHARACTER", it has already become it.

Set loose your AI bot on global with Target on WTS, put it to some good use.
    Edited: April 24, 2019

3. they've said no to restrictions for global chat in the past. i doubt they've changed their mind any. if you search around i believe their are addons that can filter messages containing keywords.

4. I know but in the end we got it thankfully, and it's needed when there's no monitoring on global.

Look at this as a new player, or fairly casual, addons for many are something not used, The majority have very few addons, The point is, Should people being forced to download an addon to get a normal global chatt when it should be normal in the first place, this happened cause some custom change warmane did, Adding more "custom" to it by downloading a very specific addon isn't the way to go.

5. Well maybe if they didn't remove character description in trade there wouldn't be many spammers ingame.

That was the worst idea ever and 100% useless for wotlk trade, where you can inspect the character and legit check if the seller was saying the truth or not.

It was 10x faster to check chars on trade, where you just had to check the preview tooltip without having to load every char of the list only to discover that is not what you are looking for like now.

6. This is so INFURIATING!

Sadly many people do not know how what chat's channel are for, or maybe they are just cretins thinking "oh this way I'll reach a bigger audience".
    Everytime I log in and watch the chat, I cry.

7. I think a simpler solution would be to provide an unique channel that is used solely for char / gold trade.

8. I think a simpler solution would be to provide an unique channel that is used solely for char / gold trade.
    you DO have: its called TRADE chat.

problem is... people just dont use it! they dont care. do you think making a new channel named "system trade" "character trade" or whatever other name you want to give it will solve it?

community wants free speech, but when you get too much all in the same place it becomes spam. the only solution i see to this is to straight up "ban" the spamming of such items (character/gold/coin sale) on certain channels so the community is "forced" to spam somewhere else. it would still not be an ideal solution though...

Saewelo
    Imo you could use a bot with moderator privilege that would kick/ban* for a few minutes anyone that uses phrases like WTS/WTB/Selling etc. on any channel that is not trade.

*From said channel.

10. I discussed this with 300 IQ aliens and I have a solution

Spoiler: Show
    /leave global

11. Imo you could use a bot with moderator privilege that would kick/ban* for a few minutes anyone that uses phrases like WTS/WTB/Selling etc. on any channel that is not trade.

*From said channel.
    Yea, that's a cool idea!

I discussed this with 300 IQ aliens and I have a solution

/leave global
    Wow, the solution to a problem is running. I guess you and rabbits win Nobel Prizes often.

12. Imo you could use a bot with moderator privilege that would kick/ban* for a few minutes anyone that uses phrases like WTS/WTB/Selling etc. on any channel that is not trade.

*From said channel.
    Same could apply for every LFM and guild recru spam on trade....
    You people and your "ideas"...

I discussed this with 300 IQ aliens and I have a solution

/leave global
    ^ This.

Wow, the solution to a problem is running. I guess you and rabbits win Nobel Prizes often.
    And your solution to YOUR problem is banning and muting everyone that comes into way of your dumb "LFM, reserved everything except emblems of frost" spam. Here's another idea. Get yourself into a guild.

13. As has been said before, people will just spam where they believe they will get the most visibility, no matter what other channels are made. Restrictions will just get people using spaces and "creative typing" to go around it. We have a limited number of GMs and it can't be expected of them to be watching channels and punishing people "posting wrong" - they would do nothing else and never deal with tickets or anything else. Plus, with how creating accounts is free, people would just use disposable accounts to do their advertising, making it a fight our own model of free access makes unwinnable.

14. May 1, 2019  
    As has been said before, people will just spam where they believe they will get the most visibility, no matter what other channels are made. Restrictions will just get people using spaces and "creative typing" to go around it. We have a limited number of GMs and it can't be expected of them to be watching channels and punishing people "posting wrong" - they would do nothing else and never deal with tickets or anything else. Plus, with how creating accounts is free, people would just use disposable accounts to do their advertising, making it a fight our own model of free access makes unwinnable.
    Isn't this why the AI bot was created in the first place?
    Warmane wanted to stop the advertising from other private servers / gold sellers etc.
    Those "Advertisers" (if you ask any player) was never even close to such annoyance as these character sellers.
    I also have a hard time seeing "advertisers" as more harmfull to the server then "character sellers" due to the insane spam it leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth's.
    So you already have the resources to make a difference.

It's about the quality of the realm, if you want people to feel like they enjoy the game and the community.
    Everyone and their grandmom knows you can buy characters or sell characters on the homepage now, There is no need for the excessive spam what so ever.
    This makes tons of new people and even older people getting second thoughts on this server,

Same could apply for every LFM and guild recru spam on trade....
    You people and your "ideas"... .
    And that has been going on since vanilla, That basicly what "Global" chatt is for.
    Look, If you make a guild or a raid you want a lot of people to come fill it, a lot of people hang on global to find stuff, get it? its pretty simple.
    If you sell a character you don't look for "a lot" of people, you only want 1, and that 1 person is so rare to find that you have to spam global for days, instead of maybe 1 hour to fill your group, do you get the huge difference now?

If blizzard would introduce "character selling" like warmane did, and not implement a restriction on global chatt, how do you think global chatt would have looked like in retail? in all seriousness it would be a F**king mess, Just like here.

What it boils down to is just how long and hard the staff is going to turn a blind eye to this problem.
    Edited: May 1, 2019

15. May 1, 2019  
    Isn't this why the AI bot was created in the first place?
    Warmane wanted to stop the advertising from other private servers / gold sellers etc.
    Those "Advertisers" (if you ask any player) was never even close to such annoyance as these character sellers.
    I also have a hard time seeing "advertisers" as more harmfull to the server then "character sellers" due to the insane spam it leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth's.
    So you already have the resources to make a difference.

It's about the quality of the realm, if you want people to feel like they enjoy the game and the community.
    Everyone and their grandmom knows you can buy characters or sell characters on the homepage now, There is no need for the excessive spam what so ever.
    Are you saying peopel getting scammed for real money, losign their accounts is just as hrmfull as seeing a few more 'WTS' posts?
    It ain't even that bad, i still have no problems finding or making a pug raid using global, it just sounds like a massive first world problem.

And that has been going on since vanilla, That basicly what "Global" chatt is for.
    Look, If you make a guild or a raid you want a lot of people to come fill it, a lot of people hang on global to find stuff, get it? its pretty simple.
    If you sell a character you don't look for "a lot" of people, you only want 1, and that 1 person is so rare to find that you have to spam global for days, instead of maybe 1 hour to fill your group, do you get the huge difference now?

If blizzard would introduce "character selling" like warmane did, and not implement a restriction on global chatt, how do you think global chatt would have looked like in retail? in all seriousness it would be a F**king mess, Just like here.

What it boils down to is just how long and hard the staff is going to turn a blind eye to this problem.
    And even before char trade, a lot of people use global to sell stuff such as mats, boe's, mounts etc and they also are looking for that 'one person'.

123 Last