1. May 1, 2019  
    Are you saying peopel getting scammed for real money, losign their accounts is just as hrmfull as seeing a few more 'WTS' posts?
    It ain't even that bad, i still have no problems finding or making a pug raid using global, it just sounds like a massive first world problem.
    Everyone gets affected by this rather then 1 guy who wanted to buy coins on an external website and the fault is all his to be compleately honest, especially since warmane offers you to buy coins and characters.
    I already explained why, it leaves a bad taste in people's mouth's, and 1 account stopped playing / 1 account lost to hackers = same amount of loss for warmane, but since you cant measure how much people leaves the server due to global ****fest, There's no possible way to say which is more harmfull, I still stand by my statement though.
    It would not be as harmfull if there was a "few" more, that's not the case, there's 100's of people spamming global for characters to sell and it's because they offer a lot of coins in return, it's the best way to earn coins fast (if you are successful in selling), Which is why there are 10 WTS chars on every WTS items.

This option dosen't bring more coins to warmane so they don't profit from it, and the players in game don't like it (except for the few who does this all day), so it's basicly a lose / lose?

Blizzard has "trade" chatt for WTS and they had rules about posting stuff on different channels.
    Warmane has trade but since there's no rules on what channels to spam they all spam global cause most people hang there, Trade chatt is for used for something entirely different most of the times.

Which is why I think the AI bot could just mute for a day.

And even before char trade, a lot of people use global to sell stuff such as mats, boe's, mounts etc and they also are looking for that 'one person'.
    Huge difference, cant even be compared.
    First, There's tons of more people who buy mats / mounts / whatever BoE, then there are people buying characters.
    Second, They buy stuff from gold, if you compared how much stuff gets bought from gold to how much stuff gets bought from coins.
    Last, you can put items on auction house in game, you cant sell chars on an ingame auction house, so you can either have fill your bags up with items and WTS global or put it on auction house after a while (which happends often), You cant put characters on Auction house, so spamming Global would be the only way for character sellers to technically advertise their character in game.

First world problem indeed, but ask everyone whos uses global, do they want the spam?
    Isn't 90+% of the realm agreeing on a stop for WTS character on global enough to actually call it a problem though?
    Edited: May 1, 2019

2. May 1, 2019  
    Everyone gets affected by this rather then 1 guy who wanted to buy coins on an external website and the fault is all his to be compleately honest, especially since warmane offers you to buy coins and characters.
    I already explained why, it leaves a bad taste in people's mouth's, and 1 account stopped playing / 1 account lost to hackers = same amount of loss for warmane, but since you cant measure how much people leaves the server due to global sh*tfest, There's no possible way to say which is more harmfull, I still stand by my statement though.
    It would not be as harmfull if there was a "few" more, that's not the case, there's 100's of people spamming global for characters to sell and it's because they offer a lot of coins in return, it's the best way to earn coins fast (if you are successful in selling), Which is why there are 10 WTS chars on every WTS items.
    Even if there's significantly less people that get affected by it, I still think that somone losing irl money/ accounts is worse than the other side who just get "a bad taste in their mouth". And yes we can't compare the amount of peopel lost for obvious reasons, we can also say the population still hasn't gone down as queue whining posts are even mopre frequent than before.
    I just don't see these WTS as a negative, global was always a messy even before this. I still think it's not even that bad, like I said i have no problems finding a raid on peak times, without the use of addons or having to draw out the window on the whole screen, guid/raid recruitment posts are still more frequent.
    And like others pointed out, if it botheres someone that much, just use an addon.
    And why would new players be put off by it? If they're new to wow they'll jsut see an active chat, they wouldn't know that the WTS char posts are a new thing.
    As for an experienced wow player joining the server, they would either get an addon, not be boithered by it or leave.
    This option dosen't bring more coins to warmane so they don't profit from it, and the players in game don't like it (except for the few who does this all day), so it's basicly a lose / lose?

Blizzard has "trade" chatt for WTS and they had rules about posting stuff on different channels.
    Warmane has trade but since there's no rules on what channels to spam they all spam global cause most people hang there, Trade chatt is for used for something entirely different most of the times.

Which is why I think the AI bot could just mute for a day.
    I'm sure the feature brings some money in, even to get the premium status just so you can use trade/ a few people who just want to buy a fuyll bis char etc. Remember, all the coins used in char trade originate from a donation at some point, i'm not saying its a money making machine, but to say it doesn't bring anything is false.
    Blizzard also has the resourse to enforce said rules, plus not knowing how the AI bot works, i can't say how easy/hard it would be to implement, look at how long it took to filter out most of the gold scammers posts.

Huge difference, cant even be compared.
    First, There's tons of more people who buy mats / mounts / whatever BoE, then there are people buying characters.
    Second, They buy stuff from gold, if you compared how much stuff gets bought from gold to how much stuff gets bought from coins.
    Last, you can put items on auction house in game, you cant sell chars on an ingame auction house, so you can either have fill your bags up with items and WTS global or put it on auction house after a while (which happends often), You cant put characters on Auction house, so spamming Global would be the only way for character sellers to technically advertise their character in game.
    I'll agree with you on this, that wasn't a fiar comparison.
    First world problem indeed, but ask everyone whos uses global, do they want the spam?
    Isn't 90+% of the realm agreeing on a stop for WTS character on global enough to actually call it a problem though?
    TL;DR Global was always a spam, i don't think it's worth the effort. Lastly, even if most of peopel want it gone, the final say is Warmanes, which they already made clear.

3. May 2, 2019  
    You are right about the Guild recruiters, They are a ton of those too, but guild recruitment is a part of the original game is what I mean.
    Adding something custom like character selling, then solving the spam issues with even more custom (addons) I just don't think it's the right way to go, "ignore" yes but ignore list gets filled really...really fast, and them removing everyone from ignore list to fit more defeats the purpose, "So get ignore addon" they say, again adding custom to fix custom...
    For me personally I have no problem finding raids either on global, I guess you get really fast at reading after some point, but from the majority of players, who are casual and don't know very much about addons etc I se this as only an eye sore.

Global was always a spam indeed, It was even worse then it is now before we got the 40 sec mute thing.
    But for some short amount of period, between the implementation of the mute and the character selling, Global was wonderful.
    I did everything while having the global channel open to look for special events / raids I really wanted to do but that almost never happens so you HAVE to have global open and read it if you ever want to catch one of these "rare to find raids".
    Try do that now and you'll end up with a headache.

I played tons of games, (100's) almost all of them have a "global" chatt, None of them looks like this mess.
    1 Game in particular have a 1-7 days mute, depends of what word you used, some are more severe, The global chatt in that game is the best I've seen in any game ever, and its a huge game currently top 5 on steam, Anyhow people are chatting, helping eachother with Missions / armors / gameplay, you name it.
    It's also free to play.

Anyhow I know this is a "Minor" issue and not exactly top priority for warmane at this time, especially when they have their hands full with other new stuff they working with, but for the future, reflect over it, people talk about communities all the time nowadays, how toxic it is etc... How easy it can be handled with a simple mute, 1 day is all that's needed.

If the spam on global isn't reason enough, I think trade chatt is, a lot of racism and trash talking other religions / countries / people should be enough reason.
    Edited: May 2, 2019

4. May 2, 2019  
    Anyhow I know this is a "Minor" issue and not exactly top priority for warmane at this time
    It's not an issue at all. At least not for normal players and people. Whinny little pricks aren't included. Instead of typing walls of texts, asking for bans and restrictions and whatnot kinds of other crap, instead of asking the staff to deal with something as trivial as this, while there's still a lot of bugs and tickets to go around, you might want to try and install this beautiful addon called ignoremore. You take the first 30 seconds after you join global to ignore those few char trade spammers at that time and voila. You can enjoy your LFM "reserved everything" and "this and that **** guild recruiting spam".

5. May 2, 2019  
    "So get ignore addon" they say, again adding custom to fix custom...
    For me personally I have no problem finding raids either on global, I guess you get really fast at reading after some point, but from the majority of players, who are casual and don't know very much about addons etc I se this as only an eye sore.
    you might want to try and install this beautiful addon called ignoremore. You take the first 30 seconds after you join global to ignore those few char trade spammers at that time and voila. You can enjoy your LFM "reserved everything" and "this and that **** guild recruiting spam".
    I mean, yeah.

6. May 2, 2019  
    I mean, yea, why all the walls of text then? Especially after it's been explained by Obnoxious how players could AND WOULD find a way around your restriction / ban ideas. You people are silly, to say the least.

7. May 4, 2019  
    So your saying the mute on global haven't affected the spam at all? cause everyone found a way around it?
    Way to think.

8. May 5, 2019  
    I personally can't think of any that is feasible with all factors taken in consideration - our number of GMs, of servers, of players, how easy it is to create disposable accounts, etc. Simply creating a rule would have no effect, as there would be no need for punishment if people respected them in the first place. Taking the Forums as example, we have had the rule not allowing advertising of sales for three years, and we still get people trying. Some automatic chat monitor either would have room to be fooled with "creative typing" or be so harsh it would end up sending many wrong bans, anything in between would just have a bit of both problems. Manually enforcing it would require way more people than we have to cover 5+ servers at any time (and even retail to this day has spam and advertising and people chatting like if it was their own /w). I think the most that GMs could do is deal mutes or short bans when they are around, but that would still be taking time away from replying to tickets and monitoring rule-breaks and could be argued to be a drop in the ocean, not something that would solve a problem rooted in the fact creating accounts with us is quick, easy and free.

So your saying the mute on global haven't affected the spam at all? cause everyone found a way around it?
    Way to think.
    Have you not read this answer from Obnoxious in this other topic with the same dumb suggestion as this one? Just stop replying already and install yourself a ****ing addon. You''re narrow minded and one sided when it comes to this subject and thus, obviously unable to comprehend all the negative sides of (your) suggestion. Just go away already, I'm not Obnoxious, I don't have to be polite with the likes of *****s.
    Edited: May 5, 2019

9. May 5, 2019  
    Have you not read this answer from Obnoxious in this other topic with the same dumb suggestion as this one? Just stop replying already and install yourself a ****ing addon. You''re narrow minded and one sided when it comes to this subject and thus, obviously unable to comprehend all the negative sides of (your) suggestion. Just go away already, I'm not Obnoxious, I don't have to be polite with the likes of *****s.
    What a complete goon you are, that topic is about forcing people to LFG channels, How narrow minded are you who don't even know what's going on in here.
    I'm not suggesting GM's monitoring the chatt or forcing people with banns, please go away, you don't even know what we're talking about in this topic.
    I'm suggesting they use the AI bot which was installed in the first place to handle people advertising stuff on global / yell whatever chatt, And that's only to handle the WTS characters, not guild recruiters, WTS mats etc.

But please do tell me "all the negative sides" of muting a person for 1 day on global chatt.
    I'm sure all the "narrow minded" people would like to hear.
    Edited: May 5, 2019

10. May 14, 2019  

Punish misuse of chat channels

Specifically, punish misuse of LocalDefense/WorldDefense for LFM/recruitment/etc.

11. May 14, 2019  

12. May 14, 2019  
    /leave LocalDefense

No more spam, amazing!

13. May 14, 2019  
    long time ago i leaved all general/trade/lfg and etc channels and even unmarked /yell to show in my chat
    and i can sit in dalaran for hours without seeing a single word on my chat, so this is my solution to the problem

14. May 16, 2019  
    /leave LocalDefense

No more spam, amazing!
    Aha? The thing is that I'm interested in what happens on the LocalDefense channel, but I'm not interested in *****s and their LFM spam.

15. May 17, 2019  
    Dude, you realize how absurd that is? Take the good with the bad or leave the channel. Deal with your issues, get a daddy who will tell you what and where to do. The rest of us will deal with it, enjoy the chat and find what we want. Nobody gives a crap how convenient it is or isn't for you.

First 123 Last