1. Lockpicking – An annoying grind made easier (Horde players/Icecrown)

Hello, my name is Shadynezz and i main a Forsaken rogue on Warmanes Icecrown server ^^

Lockpicking is a rogue specialty and often overseen ability. One of the reasons being, that it is
    an absolute bore to level up. There is a limited amount of guides to doing it quickly and so i present to you, my path to 400.

1-100

This step is the easiest. Go to Ratchet in the Barrens and run south from the town along the Merchant coast, untill you come to an area with alot of piratey looking dudes. There is a ship anchored in a small cove. Get aboard and go to the captains cabin below deck. In here you will find
    Buccaneer's Strongbox. There is 5 of them in total. If you see a fellow rogue here, don't fret. The boxes respawn in roughly 10 seconds. Keep grinding til you are above 100. Due to how we get skills on the Icecrown server, you will probably end the session at skill level 102.

100 – 175

This step was annoying, to say the least.

The Two options i were presented with through google, was:

Zoram Strand – Ashenvale for Waterlogged Footlocker

Durnholde Keep – Hillsbrad Foothills for Battered Footlocker.

These will get you to 175 before they grey out, but the respawn rate is terrible and are also popular grindspots for fellow rogues.
    Another and more reliable option is to go pickpocketing. The place were you will be going is Scarlet Monestary, the Cathedral Wing to be precise. Pickpocket everything that walks (hounds not included) and after a few runs you should have 20-25 of Worn Junkbox, depending on luck. Pick the locks untill you hit 175.

175 – 250

Next up, you will be going to the Western Plaguelands. From the Bullwark, head along the road untill you reach Feldstone Field. Start picking the pockets of every undead in the area. This will give you a fair amount of Sturdy Junkbox and also some Heavy Junkbox. Sturdy Junkbox will get you to 250 and Heavy Junkbox are needed for the next step. If you are some kind of pocket picking speedmonster, you can kill all the mobs after robbing them blind. This will make them respawn so you can rob them again, without the longer wait for their pockets to fill.

250 – 300

Well, same as above but with Heavy Junkbox instead. When you hit 300, do a little dance and head to Outlands.

300 – 325

Zangamarsh is the place to be. Go to Umbrafen lake, south of the Cenarion refuge. Pickpocket the mooks around here for some Strong Junkbox untill you hit 325.

325 – 385

Next up is Nagrand. Go to Kil'sorrow Fortress in the South-Eastern part of Nagrand. Pick some more pockets for Strong Junkbox and keep an eye out for Dented Footlockers. These will, in unison, get you to 385 and, finally, to Northrend.

385 – 400

The final stretch is an easy one. In the middle of Icecrown is a Vrykul settlement called Ymirheim.
    This area is good because, in a sea of the undead, the Vrykul are living and as such, sapable. Pickpocket these viking wannabees for some Reinforced Junkboxes, lockpick them and presto!
    You are now at skill level 400, GZ!!

2. Thanks for guide!
    had only one problem at 100 – 175, stuck at 170, had to go to badlands to find some footlockers to get 175 and continue with guide.

3. Thanks for guide!
    had only one problem at 100 – 175, stuck at 170, had to go to badlands to find some footlockers to get 175 and continue with guide.
    just go out side Cathedral and lock pick the door to the dungeon instead this works on Icecrown
    Edited: October 6, 2019

4. For the 170-175 part i found it best to kill ogre in Stromgrarde Keep in Arathi and opening the Strong iron lockbox

5. There are no ogres there. Are you talking about wotlk?

6. May 2, 2020  

7. after 325 its better to go at ogre in north of nagrand
    and after 350 better in zull drak ebon watch there is alot of abomination and i was get every abomination box for 350 skill
    Edited: June 18, 2020

8. Level cap 350

Hello, my name is Shadynezz and i main a Forsaken rogue on Warmanes Icecrown server ^^

Lockpicking is a rogue specialty and often overseen ability. One of the reasons being, that it is
    an absolute bore to level up. There is a limited amount of guides to doing it quickly and so i present to you, my path to 400.

1-100

This step is the easiest. Go to Ratchet in the Barrens and run south from the town along the Merchant coast, untill you come to an area with alot of piratey looking dudes. There is a ship anchored in a small cove. Get aboard and go to the captains cabin below deck. In here you will find
    Buccaneer's Strongbox. There is 5 of them in total. If you see a fellow rogue here, don't fret. The boxes respawn in roughly 10 seconds. Keep grinding til you are above 100. Due to how we get skills on the Icecrown server, you will probably end the session at skill level 102.

100 – 175

These will get you to 175 before they grey out, but the respawn rate is terrible and are also popular grindspots for fellow rogues.
    Another and more reliable option is to go pickpocketing. The place were you will be going is Scarlet Monestary, the Cathedral Wing to be precise. Pickpocket everything that walks (hounds not included) and after a few runs you should have 20-25 of Worn Junkbox, depending on luck. Pick the locks untill you hit 175.

175 – 250

Next up, you will be going to the Western Plaguelands. From the Bullwark, head along the road untill you reach Feldstone Field. Start picking the pockets of every undead in the area. This will give you a fair amount of Sturdy Junkbox and also some Heavy Junkbox. Sturdy Junkbox will get you to 250 and Heavy Junkbox are needed for the next step. If you are some kind of pocket picking speedmonster, you can kill all the mobs after robbing them blind. This will make them respawn so you can rob them again, without the longer wait for their pockets to fill.

250 – 300

Well, same as above but with Heavy Junkbox instead. When you hit 300, do a little dance and head to Outlands.

300 – 325

Zangamarsh is the place to be. Go to Umbrafen lake, south of the Cenarion refuge. Pickpocket the mooks around here for some Strong Junkbox untill you hit 325.

325 – 385

Next up is Nagrand. Go to Kil'sorrow Fortress in the South-Eastern part of Nagrand. Pick some more pockets for Strong Junkbox and keep an eye out for Dented Footlockers. These will, in unison, get you to 385 and, finally, to Northrend.

385 – 400

The final stretch is an easy one. In the middle of Icecrown is a Vrykul settlement called Ymirheim.
    This area is good because, in a sea of the undead, the Vrykul are living and as such, sapable. Pickpocket these viking wannabees for some Reinforced Junkboxes, lockpick them and presto!
    I also play in IceCrown but why does my lockpicking cap at 350? :(

EDIT: Nvm, just learned that lockpicking is 5 times your level xD
    Edited: December 3, 2020

9. I've been stuck at 173 for several hours running all around the world looking for a locked box to get me to 175.
    Everything I'm finding is grey.
    I was in badlands, and just got to The Zoram Strand and everything is grey :(
    I got a load of 175 and 250 boxes waiting in my bank...
    I am Alliance & Icecrown, help please!

Edit: Disregard, I ended up going to Booty Bay and picking up a strong lockbox. Despite my PL being 173 and the box 175, I was able to pick it and raise level to 175.
    Weird.
    Edited: January 5, 2021

10. May 19, 2021  
    Thank you!!! - got max in about 1 1/2 hrs love u nohomo

11. Hello, my name is Shadynezz and i main a Forsaken rogue on Warmanes Icecrown server ^^

1-100

100 – 175

175 – 250

250 – 300

300 – 325

325 – 385

385 – 400

Appreciate the guide. Got my LP at 400 in a few hours.

12. For people who are stuck between 170-174 because everything is grey, just lockpick a 175 box. Somehow you can pick them without having the required skill level. Worked fine with Sturdy Junkbox. Available in Zul'Farrak or at Felstone Field from undeads in Western Plaguelands.

13. The first sentence in this guide should be that the Glyph of Pick Lock removes 5 seconds cast time on lockpickingand makes it intant.
    Do not be as rtarded as myself and find this out at 400 skill.

Thanks for the guide.

12 Last