1. 3.3.5 RaidBrowser Using Global Channel

After spending a fair amount of time looking for pug raids in the global channel, I attempted to make a raid browser addon similar to the (broken) one provided in game. Instead of having to frantically search through /global for raids, this addon displays all the LFM messages in a nice list frame. Here is an example of how it looks ingame:

I found it immensely useful myself, and I figured others might find it useful as well.

There's a more complete readme on the github page that describes features and lists more explicit instructions for installing/using.

I work on the addon whenever I get have some extra time, but if you have any suggestions or ideas just send me a pm or open up an issue on the github page.
    https://github.com/Ostoic/RaidBrowser

To download the latest version go to https://github.com/Ostoic/RaidBrowse...ses/tag/v1.2.1 and click on RaidBrowser.zip. Then just extract the folder to your addons folder like any other addon.

To use it ingame, just type /rb or go to social frame -> raid -> raid browser and it will pop up from there.
    Edited: April 29, 2019

2. May 3, 2019  
    I wish more people used the raid browser vs spamming global chat. I appreciate this addon!

3. May 4, 2019  
    Love this idea! Downloaded it as soon as I read your post, but unfortunetely it didn't work for me :( I followed all your instructions but no raids show up in my window

4. May 5, 2019  
    Love this idea! Downloaded it as soon as I read your post, but unfortunetely it didn't work for me :( I followed all your instructions but no raids show up in my window
    Are you in the global channel? If not just type /join global and it should work. The addon parses text from channels you're in, so it can only display raids that you see.
    Edited: May 5, 2019

5. May 6, 2019  
    Are you in the global channel? If not just type /join global and it should work. The addon parses text from channels you're in, so it can only display raids that you see.
    Of course I joined global, the instructions weren't exactly hard to follow. It just doens't work, I don't know what else to tell you. Do you know if there is a conflict with other addons? I'll try disabling every addon except this one to see if it works.

EDIT: I found out what the issue was. When you unzip the zip-file inside the addons folder, it doesn't create it's own "RaidBrowser" folder which contains all the smaller .toc and .lua files, those files are just unloaded into the general addons folder. I had to create the "RaidBrowser" folder manually and unzip it inside there. If you get that worked out nobody else will have this issue, and now the addon works fine. Great job!

EDIT 2: Seriously this addon is pure genius, holy **** it's useful. Gonna recommend it to everyone
    Edited: May 6, 2019

6. May 6, 2019  
    Of course I joined global, the instructions weren't exactly hard to follow. It just doens't work, I don't know what else to tell you. Do you know if there is a conflict with other addons? I'll try disabling every addon except this one to see if it works.

EDIT: I found out what the issue was. When you unzip the zip-file inside the addons folder, it doesn't create it's own "RaidBrowser" folder which contains all the smaller .toc and .lua files, those files are just unloaded into the general addons folder. I had to create the "RaidBrowser" folder manually and unzip it inside there. If you get that worked out nobody else will have this issue, and now the addon works fine. Great job!

EDIT 2: Seriously this addon is pure genius, holy **** it's useful. Gonna recommend it to everyone
    Thanks for telling me what the problem was. I recall one of my friends having the same issue, so I made a note of it in the readme.

I'm glad you found it useful!

7. May 6, 2019  
    I'm getting the following error when I try to save raid set:
    Spoiler: Show

Message: Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:103 : attempt to concatenate local 'gs' (a nil value)
    Time: 05/06/19 20:08:29
    Count: 2
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:103 : in function <Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:94 >

Locals: spec = "Holy"
    gs = nil
    (*temporary) = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:54
    (*temporary) = <table> {
    remove_event_listener = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\event.lua:49
    Enable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:313
    RegisterChatCommand = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:85
    EnableModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:346
    modules = <table> {
    }
    GetModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:230
    IterateEmbeds = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:456
    defaultModuleLibraries = <table> {
    }
    lfm_messages = <table> {
    }
    UnregisterChatCommand = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:111
    Printf = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:69
    GetName = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:298
    name = "RaidBrowser"
    IsEnabled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:465
    DisableModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:364
    GetArgs = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:144
    Print = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceConsole-3.0\AceConsole-3.0.lua:54
    raid_info = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\core.lua:485
    IsModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:482
    timer = <table> {
    }
    SetDefaultModuleState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:401
    expiry_time = 60
    baseName = "RaidBrowser"
    SetEnabledState = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:438
    Disable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:328
    enabledState = true
    add_event_listener = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\event.lua:37
    stats = <table> {
    }
    kill_timer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\timer.lua:24
    set_timer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\timer.lua:12
    SetDefaultModuleLibraries = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:381
    algorithm = <table> {
    }
    IterateModules = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:451
    NewModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:255
    OnDisable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\core.lua:606
    OnEnable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\core.lua:580
    SetDefaultModulePrototype = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:423
    defaultModuleState = true
    gui = <table> {
    }
    }
    (*temporary) = "Raidset saved: "
    (*temporary) = "Holy"
    (*temporary) = " "
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "gs"
    (*temporary) = "attempt to concatenate local 'gs' (a nil value)"
    current_selection = nil
    set_selection = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:19

Locals:

Looks like it can't find my gearscore or something like that.

edit: I think it's my GearScore version. I used an older one I think, that had a database. I download the latest GearScore Lite and the Active set worked. But when I change to Primary, even though I got the message "[20:15:38] RaidBrowser: Raidset saved: Holy 5808gs ", I got this error:

Spoiler: Show

Message: Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:29: attempt to concatenate local 'gs' (a nil value)
    Time: 05/06/19 20:14:49
    Count: 3
    Stack: [C]: ?
    Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:29: in function <Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:19 >
    Interface\AddOns\RaidBrowser\raidset_frame.lua:43: in function `func'
    Interface\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:583: in function `UIDropDownMenuButton_OnClick'
    [string "*:OnClick"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals:
    Edited: May 6, 2019

8. bump. more people need to know about this

9. bump for the same reason what @breanoxvxx :_)

10. June 9, 2021  
    awesome addon! everyone should give it a try, now i can't live without it !!

11. Just installed to check it out. Incredibly impressed! Will be passing it around Lordareon players and recommending it to all. Thanks for creating and sharing it with everyone.

12. bump
    This looks awesome! It should be built in-game!

13. This is so cool omg. Thank you!

12 Last