1. Explain this?

Why is there a shadowmourne wrathful DK in my sub 5.1k GS Battle Group?

Wasnt there a set up to make this not possible? ****er just steam rolled us.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    Edited: April 29, 2019

2. rofl. smart *** . look at his trinket and bracers and sigil. He lowers his itemlevel

3. Wow people actually do this.. but that's smart tbh, I just don't get the itemization, why use WF shoulders over WF head, same ilevel, not GS. but as long as it works lol

4. Why is there a shadowmourne wrathful DK in my sub 5.1k GS Battle Group?

Wasnt there a set up to make this not possible? ****er just steam rolled us.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    Well it was pretty obvious stuff like this will happen when they added this GS brackets bull****.

I wonder when will someone make complete BIS list for lower GS brackets.

5. Shouldn't this be considered as exploiting? I mean I thought the limitation was made to avoid fresh 80's getting farmed by BiS players, not to turn it into a "twink" sort of thing. I have also noticed it with a couple of alts and I wonder what's the staff position regarding this, if we could get an answer perhaps it would clear the way for everyone.

6. Well it was pretty obvious stuff like this will happen when they added this GS brackets bull****.

I wonder when will someone make complete BIS list for lower GS brackets.
    The problem is that the system uses average item level not GS. Average item level is much easier to abuse by putting low item level items in a few less important slots. With GearScore or a similar system the possibility of abuse would be much more limited since less important slots have lower GS.

Shouldn't this be considered as exploiting? I mean I thought the limitation was made to avoid fresh 80's getting farmed by BiS players, not to turn it into a "twink" sort of thing. I have also noticed it with a couple of alts and I wonder what's the staff position regarding this, if we could get an answer perhaps it would clear the way for everyone.
    They are exploiting the system but it's mostly because the system itself is flawed. It can also happen naturally, during the gearing process. And what can staff members do about it? Force those players to buy better items for the remaining slots? The solution is fixing the system not banning people that abuse it.
    Edited: April 29, 2019

7. They are exploiting the system but it's mostly because the system itself is flawed. It can also happen naturally, during the gearing process. And what can staff members do about it? Force those players to buy better items for the remaining slots? The solution is fixing the system not banning people that abuse it.
    I wouldn't go say it's abusing, nor exploiting. Some limit themselves to lvls 19,29,39,60,70,79; it's not abusing, it's twinking. There are those too who limit their gear in PvE in order to get Herald/ToC achievements (complete the raid at limited ilvl). People limit themselves from higher content to gain an advantage on something they do compared to those who just (item)level past them.

Balancing out the PvP sure is a lot of work.

8. I wouldn't go say it's abusing, nor exploiting. Some limit themselves to lvls 19,29,39,60,70,79; it's not abusing, it's twinking. There are those too who limit their gear in PvE in order to get Herald/ToC achievements (complete the raid at limited ilvl). People limit themselves from higher content to gain an advantage on something they do compared to those who just (item)level past them.

It's obvious that the system was not intended to work that way so they are abusing it in some way. I am not sure if there is a word that explains it better. I don't mean that they are breaking the rules since it's a custom system and there is nothing to compare it to and tell at what point it would be exploiting. Twinking is an intended gameplay style since there is an NPC that stops XP gain so that's a bit different. In a similar way optimizing gear for a lower BG bracket could be a legit gameplay style if the system was more balanced and could not be abused that much by low item level items.

9. I wouldn't go say it's abusing, nor exploiting. Some limit themselves to lvls 19,29,39,60,70,79; it's not abusing, it's twinking. There are those too who limit their gear in PvE in order to get Herald/ToC achievements (complete the raid at limited ilvl). People limit themselves from higher content to gain an advantage on something they do compared to those who just (item)level past them.

As Anyone0 said, twinking is a complete different thing. And deppending on what's the idea for this it could really be seen as an exploit, you don't expect to see people with wrathful and shadowmourne on a system that's made to avoid facing that when you have 15k hp and 0 resil.

And no, balancing pvp is not a lot of work no. Blackrock proved on previous seasons that balancing pvp it's as easy as restricting the item level.

10. I believe he isn't bis and has just donated for wrathful shoulders and not yet obtained wrathful head. Of course you donate wrathful shoulders instead of head because shoulders are harder to obtain than head.

11. i tried this myself. my team was 15k hp avg, one guy was fully bis fury war and somehow enemy team had good gear. :thinking: system

12. I believe he isn't bis and has just donated for wrathful shoulders and not yet obtained wrathful head. Of course you donate wrathful shoulders instead of head because shoulders are harder to obtain than head.
    This is not about what gear he has donated for or if he's BiS or not, this is about him getting low ilvl items (burning crusade items) to get around the GS restriction system and stay in the low bracket.

What difference makes to have furious head instead of wrathful when you run around with shadowmourne and dbw normal?

13. Would you rather get slaughtered by 10 SMs or 1 SM? The system isnt perfect but its still doing its purpose to better the playing field.