1. May 19, 2019  

what GS is the separation point for BGs

Being a very casual player, and not buying gear or playing Arenas, I've been bumped up to the higher level BGs.
    I have no chance to be competitive at this level, and it doesn't help also being a clothie. It's dominated by plate for DPS, and completely dominated by Ally.
    What is the GS number that separates higher and lower level BGs? I think for the last week I have maybe gotten my 25 arena points with a BG win twice. Frankly I don't even need arena points now to gear up more since I have a handicap at top level because of no arena.

Play at this higher level is basically like starting completely over with no gear in normal BGs, it's just not fun, and it ended any feel of progression for me. I'm about at the point to roll another character just to be competitive.

I've heard that some people just buy level 80 gear to stay lower, but that's just dumb. I also don't raid, so I'd rather not do that either, ha.

2. May 19, 2019  
    about 4.9k GS is the cutoff

It's based off of ilvl btw, cutoff is about 232-250

3. May 19, 2019  
    It's based on average ilvl, which slightly correlates to gs, but it's not the same thing.

By the way, low gear bgs have started to fill with twinks, so you're losing your time too.

4. May 20, 2019  
    Thanks, I guess it happened when I bought that first piece of honor+arena gear, I'm at 4912 now.
    Hopefully when I dump it and get the older piece again I'll go back. At least I feel like I'm on equal footing there!

Well it must be lower than that, I'm at 4585 and still in the high bracket. Guess it's time to roll a new character.
    Edited: May 20, 2019 Reason: adding info

5. May 20, 2019  
    I believe you can destroy gear to end up in the low bracket.

6. May 21, 2019  
    I believe you can destroy gear to end up in the low bracket.
    That's exactly what I did and how I hit 4585, no shoulders at all in bags or the bank. Maybe I have to wait until a weekly reset to get a real total again.
    It does account for the highest item in all slots not only on person but all bags and bank correct? Maybe I'm perma marked, ha.