1. June 4, 2019  
    Yes well... Blizzard listened to people like you and start making PVP equal and balance and complete ruined it. People don't play RPG games to be equal to others, you have games like LOL or CS:GO for that.
    Ummm, no. First of all, they're not Blizzard. Second, they didn't listen to a damned thing. Third, if you understand ANYTHING about gaming psychology, you would know that any game that keeps ppl playing has two attributes: First, it's FUN. Second, it's CHALLENGING. Warmane pvp is neither right now. It's no fun to be facerolled every game by a full group of BiS double trinket humans. Second, it's no challenge to faceroll a bunch of under-geared horde. This is particularly true when they don't police the scripters. The servers will die because Warmane doesn't understand and doesn't care.

2. June 4, 2019  
    I like how noone is addressing the fact that Shadowmourne turns the tide in battle. If you buy it, you should only be in a bg with people 6k+.

This isn't fun anymore.

Noone from Lordaeron is going to donate sh*t until this is fixed. It's time to stop.

There is not a single post about this being a problem from Loraderon users because almost all of us are apathetic. Noone knows what they're getting into when they join the server, skoob. I agree GS brackets would be best. That isn't going to change players' ability to buy shadowmourne, a weapon so godd&mn OP that IT MAKES. ENTIRE. HORDE BGS. AFK IN SPIRIT FORM. WE ARE TIRED. OF BEING. F*CKING. FARMED.

THIS ISN'T FUN. I'M IN FULL FURIOUS GEAR. MY SPELL PEN IS CAPPED. MY HIT IS ON POINT. EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WITH MY STATS. YOU CAN'T FIGHT SHADOWMOURNE. I'VE SEEN ENTIRE BGS GIVE. UP. OVER. THAT. F*CKING. AXE.

It's NOT RIGHT. It's NOT BALANCED. LORDAERON, if it truly is such a low amount of people that we contribute to the BG's, should be TAKEN OUT OF THE SAME BGS WITH ICECROWN. With Blackrock we at least have a SHOT at winning because some of the people who log in there don't know their class.

At the end of playing 15 or so bgs a day. I look at the damage meters. When horde wins, it's balanced. It's half and half. Always. Sure it's anecdotal but it's f*cking true and anyone who plays lordaeron horde will confirm this.

When we lose? The top ten players are Icecrown. They are not blackrock. They are icecrown. alliance. Why?

SHADOWMOURNE AND THE EXTRA DPS TRINK ARE A GIGANTIC GAME CHANGER AND EVERYONE REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT OR FIX IT.

IT'S TIME. TO STOP.

Edited: June 4, 2019

3. June 4, 2019  
    SHADOWMOURNE AND THE EXTRA DPS TRINK ARE A GIGANTIC GAME CHANGER AND EVERYONE REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE IT OR FIX IT.
    It's not that you've opened some sort of pandoras box that is completely unheard of my guy. Everyone knows the advantages of having double trinkets and the damage of Shadowmourne. Look at the top teams in arenas, notice their classes and faction.

This server is a privately owned company my guy, not a charity or some kind of balanced hugbox. Warmane exists to make money, just like any other company in the world, and do you want to know what makes them alot of money? Human Warriors, buying 2 trinkets instead of one and a Shadowmourne to add onto it.

4. June 4, 2019  
    Ummm, no. First of all, they're not Blizzard. Second, they didn't listen to a damned thing. Third, if you understand ANYTHING about gaming psychology, you would know that any game that keeps ppl playing has two attributes: First, it's FUN. Second, it's CHALLENGING. Warmane pvp is neither right now. It's no fun to be facerolled every game by a full group of BiS double trinket humans. Second, it's no challenge to faceroll a bunch of under-geared horde. This is particularly true when they don't police the scripters. The servers will die because Warmane doesn't understand and doesn't care.
    First of all Warmane is not gonna die because of BGs, PVP population is overall is way smaller then PVE so BGs will be the last thing that will kill Warmane.

Yes they listened to people asking for gear brackets. There have been countless forum threads about that in the past, from people who just hit lv 80 and feel useless in BG with their green gear.

You are right its not fun when 1 side is constantly facerolling the other, this is exactly why i personally want them to remove this gear score brackets and go back to where we was. We never had this problem before on Warmane/Molten for 9 years. I just cant understand why people like you are against what i am saying and wanna do more brackets on top of the existing one, when obvious this make the bgs worst then they use to be.

And no, not every aspect of the game have to be "fun"and "challenging". There is plenty of stuff people do that they don't enjoy and are not challenging, but have to be done to progress in some aspect. Farming mats and leveling professions is good example of that. I will actually say Fun is one of the last thing that is important in MMOs.

5. June 4, 2019  
    I only feel bad for the Lordaeron hordes, their chance to win is the lowest of them all.

6. June 4, 2019  
    I like how you think this was somehow different before merge. As someone who's played for 3+ years, I can tell you; it wasn't. Even before the merge, Horde got annihilated in BGs at least 70% of the time during the day. Why? Because the top players have either left, or are Alliance now, either for PvP or PvE reasons; it's irrelevant, really, because Alliance has both, and Horde has neither.

The top guild in PvE is Alliance right now, and for good reason; PvP is Lordaeron's endgame right now, and it has been for the past year - it makes sense to get LoD gear and then be able to use it on the winning side in BGs, or with your double trinket arena partner when you're not raiding. Why be Horde on this server as a hardcore player? Sure, MEMORIES cleared LoD first, but they disbanded, and most of their players have jumped ship or joined After Life as well. As for why PvPers would prefer to be Alliance, well, the answer is obviously the human racial, there's no beating it.

In short, the top players with the biggest gear are Alliance on Lordaeron, and Horde was left with the scraps. Merge changed little; if anything, Horde won noticeably more before Blackrock was added to the pool and lowered the amount of Horde donators due to their inclusion, though that might just be my and my friends' experience.

LORDAERON, if it truly is such a low amount of people that we contribute to the BG's, should be TAKEN OUT OF THE SAME BGS WITH ICECROWN.
    That makes the opposite of sense. If there are so few Lordaeron players playing BGs, then it makes sense that Lordaeron players be in this so they can actually get games on the regular, especially if those people play off-hours or are NA. I know someone who would literally study while they queued, and get damn good mileage because it would take 2 hours to pop a Warsong Gulch with five people on each side in off hours. It was that bad. During primetime was a little better, but an Alterac Valley or an Isle of Conquest was an extremely rare event. People *****ed about this often, and for good reason; it was a legitimate problem. This is just talking about BGs, incidentally; good luck doing anything other than 2v2 arenas with any sort of consistency pre-merge Lordaeron; even 2s can go without a pop for an hour+ during off hours depending on your MMR.

Aside from conjuring people out of thin air, how would you solve the problem of no games? You don't even have the opportunity to lose if nothing pops, and it's not like Horde were juggernaut gods prior to merge; quite the opposite, as I explained earlier. Faction balance is just fundamentally flawed in WotLK, and, aside from artificially limiting people playing the Alliance, it is unfixable if you have a hardcore audience that cares about minmaxing (which Lordaeron obviously caters to).

I wouldn't really have an issue with making a third gear bracket if we have the players to sustain it (I doubt it, as there aren't nearly as many Horde players with full Wrathful compared to Alliance), but you act as though merge was the root of all problems; it wasn't.

7. June 4, 2019  
    First of all Warmane is not gonna die because of BGs, PVP population is overall is way smaller then PVE so BGs will be the last thing that will kill Warmane.

And no, not every aspect of the game have to be "fun"and "challenging". There is plenty of stuff people do that they don't enjoy and are not challenging, but have to be done to progress in some aspect. Farming mats and leveling professions is good example of that. I will actually say Fun is one of the last thing that is important in MMOs.
    Blockbuster says Hi.

8. June 5, 2019  
    Meh,, its a lose/lose. You either have no pvp at all or pvp where the high level brackets gets farmed (in the lower level brackets, no matter how ******ed they are, gear matters a lot less and people can get most of it casually).

Id say the current system is miles ahead of the old one because it allows battlegrounds to fullfill their primary function - to enable people to Farm honour. Yes, people like you who were the 1% in the old days who farmed everyone because of their gear now get screwed over but imo thats a price most are willing to pay. You get honour gear from queue pops, not from dominating personally (and cross realm shouldnt really affect your win rate as a new player).

And arena gearing works the same(ish, you are still at a disadvantage of course because u cant get bis). But lets not forget that before cross realm the top of the ladder was dominated by smourne people as well (some DK/hpala iirc).

9. June 5, 2019  
    Yes they listened to people asking for gear brackets. There have been countless forum threads about that in the past, from people who just hit lv 80 and feel useless in BG with their green gear.
    It weren't only lowies who were asking for gear brackets.
    It were BiS geared PvPers, just like me.
    You are right its not fun when 1 side is constantly facerolling the other, this is exactly why i personally want them to remove this gear score brackets and go back to where we was. We never had this problem before on Warmane/Molten for 9 years. I just cant understand why people like you are against what i am saying and wanna do more brackets on top of the existing one, when obvious this make the bgs worst then they use to be.
    We don't agree with you because you have false memories about Icecrown.
    BGs on Icecrown were complete roflstomp before cross-realm. One side always outgeared the other by a large margin and just annihilated everything.

Thats the issue with a stagnant realm where BiS geared veterans are thrown in BGs with newbies.
    On retail BGs were far more balanced and challenging during Wotlk because everybody was gearing up and the gear differences between the players was just smaller.
    We need gear based BGs to get this atmosphere of a balanced and challenging BG back but it need to be executed the right way.
    Screw MM, just implement cross-faction BGs and sort teams by gear and role and no longer by their faction. Hell, with cross-faction mode we could even have a equal amount of melee, range and healer on both sides.

10. June 5, 2019  
    It weren't only lowies who were asking for gear brackets.
    It were BiS geared PvPers, just like me.

We don't agree with you because you have false memories about Icecrown.
    BGs on Icecrown were complete roflstomp before cross-realm. One side always outgeared the other by a large margin and just annihilated everything.

Thats the issue with a stagnant realm where BiS geared veterans are thrown in BGs with newbies.
    On retail BGs were far more balanced and challenging during Wotlk because everybody was gearing up and the gear differences between the players was just smaller.
    We need gear based BGs to get this atmosphere of a balanced and challenging BG back but it need to be executed the right way.
    Screw MM, just implement cross-faction BGs and sort teams by gear and role and no longer by their faction. Hell, with cross-faction mode we could even have a equal amount of melee, range and healer on both sides.
    That creates other issues, you ever face a bis weapon/trinket hunter in the lower brackets (with furious gear)? One, two dead. The second you start to sort by gearlevels classes over and underperform and the whole thing becomes an even less balanced ****show and most importantly you create negative rewards for gearing up, the second you go into the next higher bracket you are totally useless again and you feel super punished for it. Already you have many people stopping their gearing process to stay in the lower gearlevel bgs (because as a ret for example you can either have a lot of fun in easy to obtain gear in the lower levels or be useless till you get near bis in the upper bracket).

Also, there was roflstomping before and after the merge, nothing changed. And people dont want it to change, most people dont want a close fight, they want to dominate. Bgs are a ****show, have been a ****show and will always be a ****show. Theres a reason Rated battegrounds were so hyped when cata came out.

11. June 5, 2019  
    @Meowto
    The issues that you describe happen because the gear based BGs are executed in a poor way.
    First of all, the gear brackets should be based on GS and not on ilvl.
    For some reason the GS addon works different in TBC, any gem and any enchant increases your GS there. If it's possible to implement on wotlk a similiar system to read the gear level of a character then the issue of PvP twinking could be solved.

It's also questionable if fixed gear brackets are the right solution.
    Imo it would have made more sense to implement dynamic gear bracket that sort BG teams depending on what gear the players in the queue possess.
    Cross-faction BGs would make such a dynamic gear bracket possible while still maintain a short queue time.

12. June 5, 2019  
    Bgs are a ****show, have been a ****show and will always be a ****show.
    My experience on retail during TBC and Wotlk showed me that BGs can be balanced and challenging.
    The only reason why they aren't balanced on our realms are the cash shop and because the realms are stagnant and I strongly believe that this can be fixed when gear based BGs are executed in the right way.

13. June 5, 2019  
    Wipe server and dont sell SM anymore, sell shadowfrost shards 5c each.

No, better just edit SM stats to be the same as Garfosts Two-ton hammer because its not fair otherwise. You cant just come out of POS, soloque BG, start fight on the roads and 1vs 3 SM's, they just kill you, wtf!?
    Edited: June 5, 2019

14. June 5, 2019  
    For some reason the GS addon works different in TBC, any gem and any enchant increases your GS there.
    Not sure how works, but the problem is that weapon and trinkets are main source of damage.
    if i remove weapon for my feral for example, my dps go to 50-60% but gs just down like 500-800 at much, if i remove all visible pieces and leave just jelwery/weapon my gs go to half or less but my damage is still 70% or more.

15. June 5, 2019  
    @Meowto
    The issues that you describe happen because the gear based BGs are executed in a poor way.
    For some reason the GS addon works different in TBC, any gem and any enchant increases your GS there. If it's possible to implement on wotlk a similiar system to read the gear level of a character then the issue of PvP twinking could be solved.

It's also questionable if fixed gear brackets are the right solution.
    Imo it would have made more sense to implement dynamic gear bracket that sort BG teams depending on what gear the players in the queue possess.
    Cross-faction BGs would make such a dynamic gear bracket possible while still maintain a short queue time.
    Gems/enchants increase the GS during woltk too, and even based on ilvl there are certain classes that scale a lot differently and items that also scale a ton more then others. A hunter with Fal'inrush and greens will outdamage most other sub 4k classes, weapons just scale better. And on some classes even moreso then on others. And it doesnt address the negative effects of gearing up this system brings.

And since this is an "eternal format" people will (some already do) twink for specific brackets.

First 12345 Last