1. May 8, 2019  

Changing password experience - review and bugs

Hello, I wanted to change my password today and this is my experience.

How to recreate:
    Go to Settings
    Generate 32 letter password, using Lower-case (a,b,c...) and digits (0,1,2...). Enter your new password and hit button.
    Immediately log out occurs without any message - this is error number one. You should have message about process success or fail and be redirected to log in page after 5-10 seconds

You receive an e-mail, that password has been successfully changed, awesome

Go back to log in page. Type your login and new password - error, password doesn't match
    Type your login and old password - error, password doesn't match

At this stage, you have no choice but Recover password and have it sent to your e-mail. I've tried this three times, same result each time. I tried 24 character long password, but still no joy. Also, password SHOULD NEVER be sent to e-mail in plain text. E-mail is not secure to send passwords like that. Did you learned NOTHING from the hack and leak of 11k passwords and user data in 2016? You should be sending a link to create password, not a generated password by you.
    And in the current state, I can't change my password on your page to my own, I have to use yours.

I tried to contact support on Account - Support page, but this also doesn't work. "ILLEGAL CHARACTERS". Full message:
    Code:
    "Your ticket information contains illegal characters, try again."
    I know there are illegal migrants, but never heard of illegal characters. In simple plain text.

Below, please find copy of my message I tried to send to Support earlier, and tell me please, which character is "ILLEGAL" here. There is no special characters there, just plain English.

Code:
    Hello, password change functionality doesn't seem to work.

How to recreate:
    Go to Settings
    Generate 32 letter password, using Lower-case (a,b,c...) and digits (0,1,2...)
    Immediately log out occurs without any message
    You receive an e-mail, that password has been successfully changed
    Type your login and new password - error, password doesn't match
    Type your login and old password - error, password doesn't match

At this stage, you have no choice but Recover password and have it sent to your e-mail.

Can you check into that, please?
    Edited: May 8, 2019

2. May 8, 2019  
    Because of WoW client limitations, maximum length of passwords is 16 characters. You pasted your 32 character password into a field that only accepts 16 characters so you changed your password to first 16 characters of the intended password.

Edit: The illegal characters in your ticket text are parentheses.
    Edited: May 8, 2019

3. May 21, 2019  
    One might wonder why website lets you create longer passwords than 16 characters...