1. May 9, 2019  

Outland Arena Points

Hi,

Given all gear is purchasable now, there is less of a reason for a lot of the casual pvpers out there to participate in arena at least once a week. This means less activity and lower rating overall.

The ones who are full on arena points have no where to spend them, the gems being sold for honor/arena points are rather limited and not as good as the gems available end game which we have easy access to.

I would like to suggest replacing the current gems available for honor/ arena points to the uncut gems which is worth 15 Badges each.

Each gems to cost between 600-800 arena points in order to not flood the market with it. This means if you play at 1.8k rating you will only be able to purchase one per week and even if you played at 2k 5v5 (only a few teams are higher than 2k atm) you would not be able to buy 2 per week. and I believe this would help people at least spend the time and feel like they are getting a bit of something.

The second thing I suggest is I have come across a daily arena system which I thought is very interesting - playing 10 arena games daily gives you extra arena points per day. We could have this by having an "arena daily quest" much like the BG ones to encourage people to play more each day/week.

As the population is quite low now, it is most important to engage all the population that we have so that we remain an active server for pvp.

Thank you.

2. May 9, 2019  
    The second thing I suggest is I have come across a daily arena system which I thought is very interesting - playing 10 arena games daily gives you extra arena points per day. We could have this by having an "arena daily quest" much like the BG ones to encourage people to play more each day/week.
    I'm afraid that such a system would be counterproductive in the end.
    On Outland are not enough PvPers left to maintain a active 3s and 5s bracket over the whole week.
    The result of such a daily quest would be that players are win-trading each day in order to complete that quest.
    Also, there would be far less players that are doing arena on tuesday because everyone already made his 10 arena games over the week.
    With a low populated realm I think it's better to have just one day in the week where all arena brackets are very competitive and active rather than having a low activity spread over the whole week.

I agree with your other suggestion though to make uncut gems available for honor and in addition to this I think that there should be a way to exchange arena points into honor but not vice versa.
    Edited: May 9, 2019

3. May 9, 2019  
    I'm afraid that such a system would be counterproductive in the end.
    On Outland are not enough PvPers left to maintain a active 3s and 5s bracket over the whole week.
    The result of such a daily quest would be that players are win-trading each day in order to complete that quest.
    Also, there would be far less players that are doing arena on tuesday because everyone already made his 10 arena games over the week.
    With a low populated realm I think it's better to have just one day in the week where all arena brackets are very competitive and active rather than having a low activity spread over the whole week.

I agree with your other suggestion though to make uncut gems available for honor and in addition to this I think that there should be a way to exchange arena points into honor but not vice versa.
    I mean it would be quite difficult to wintrade 2s as there will be others queuing and obviously harder to wintrade 3s, and hardest to wintrade 5s as you could be easily spotted, sniped and reported, let along having many people to spend the time to do that in the first place, or have 6 to 10 accounts by yourself. but I can definitely see where you are coming from and people who might try to take advantage from it.

So perhaps a "happy hour" where you will receive extra 60 arena points from 10 extra games other than the 10 qualifying 2v2 games, 100 from 10 extra games other than the 10 qualifying 3v3 games and 130 from 10 extra games other than the 5v5 games played, whichever gives the highest amount of extra points. (therefore you need to play 20 games a week in total to receive this) This could be available from Tuesday 12pm - 12am (so that people who plays earlier in the afternoon and players from a different timezone could participate). This means people have to play in that time frame which means harder to wintrade.

With regards to converting AP to Honor, perhaps a expensive conversion, say 500 AP = 3000 Honor, so that people still have to do BGs.