1. I don't know about hardware. I use macro to reduce quality on slaves. Quality becomes lower than its possible from the menu. On certain expansions you can reduce 'horizonfarclip' / 'farclip' to zero. Effectively making them blind. Certain variables might give different performance depending on your hardware (e.g. m2Faster). Here is a list of console variables and their descriptions: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Console_variables

/console characterAmbient 1
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 1
    /console environmentDetail 0
    /console extshadowquality 0
    /console farclip 0
    /console ffx 0
    /console groundeffectdensity 16
    /console groundEffectDist 0
    /console horizonfarclip 0
    /console hwPCF 1
    /console m2Faster 0
    /console farclipoverride 0
    /console overridefarclip 0
    /console shadowlod 0
    /console showfootprintparticles 0
    /console showfootprints 0
    /console showshadow 0
    /console skycloudlod 0
    /console smallcull 1
    /console timingmethod 1
    /console maxFPS 25
    /console maxFPSBk 4
    /console maxFPSLoading 4
    /console violenceLevel 0
    /console WeatherDensity 0
    /console ffxspecial 0
    /console ffxGlow 0
    /console ffxDeath 0
    /console gxVSync 0
    /console spelleffectlevel 0
    /console terrainMipLevel 1
    /console waterDetail 0

EDIT: I just discovered that you could also disable camera adjustment which allows you to keep looking at the floor (and reduces strain on GPU). Not very good for targeted abilities though. The with slaves do:

Zoom in:
    /script SetView(1);SetView(1);

Then manually look down on each character. As long as they are looking down on floor fully zoomed in they should not consume too many GPU resources. When zoomed out i got 15 fps in city, when zoomed in i got 60 fps.

You could also take it one step further and save and load the views the first time you find the correct zoom and pitch.

Save angle camera angle for character:
    /script SaveView(3);

Set camera to the saved angle:
    /script SetView(3);SetView(3);

You might need to do "/reload ui" on first logon of the saved views won't load according to: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/API_SaveView
    Edited: August 9, 2019 Reason: updated macro v2

2. All this was really useful. Thank you Mbox21313

3. Thanks a lot for that info. If I can offer some help to you, I read a few things today, and people have been saying to keep your ram speed low on the 2990wx, especially if you're overclocking. Most recommended 2400mhz to allow the cores to communicate better with the ram. I'd personally go stock if that is actually an issue this cpu has.

I'll try 25 on my ryzen in dalaran and I'll update you guys on how it goes. I'm really disappointed by the idea that this 32 core cpu can't handle 40 flawlessly. It's theoretically 4x my ryzen performance.
    i'm pretty confident that guy doesn't have those cpu's. i however do have a 1950x and so far, works flawlessly multiboxing. the issue people are describing above, sounds far less about system lag than server lag. if systems are getting hung up at peak hours running trains, it is more likely due to the server itself getting hung up by having that many toons in major cities than it having anything to do at all with cpu's.
    i for example, can easily run 6 toon set to just 1 core, each toon running 4k (i have a vega 64, 1950x), the point is, in isboxer, you can set each toon to have a set core running it. if i can, for example, run 6 toons on 1 core, then i can easily run 3 toons per core and have them running on 32 threads which would be 96 toons. so....the point i am making, if 6 toons don't hang up or experience any lag set to a single core, then they won't hang up 96 toons with 3 per thread. it is more likely, that when people are approaching cities, it has to do with server lag and overwhelming the server having numerous toons in the same area.
    there is a guy on youtube, who shows himself running 40 toons on a 7700k. the reason he can run 40 toons and the people above cannot run more in cities with a ton of people, is because he isn't overwhelming the server in the area he is at. it is highly unlikely a 2990wx will get hung up with well over 100 toons, it will experience server lag however. if warmane, for example, were to upgrade what their servers are running on, it means they can fit more people in those highly populated area's. so....then you can max out your system and easily run around wg or dalaran. if you for example, can lets say, run 60 toons in a non populated area on icecrown for instance, and not experience any system hang ups, but when you go to populated areas and your system is lagging, that means it is server lag and not system lag. there is nothing you can do to alter if the server itself lags because it literally has nothing to do with your system causing that. you can obviously overwhelm the server by having a ton of toons in a given area, but again, that has absolutely nothing to do at all with your system, that is server side issues. i've personally been in area's in warmane where a single toon experienced lag (server lag), and that is literally server side. so introduce a train of toons in a highly populated area and you aren't experiencing it in other area's? ya, like i said, nothing at all to do with your system.
    to prove a point, i created a video for youtube, my channel is called ThorOdin and the video i created is called "6 toons multi boxing on set to only 1 core on my 1950x and set all 6 toons to 4k on each toon!" and experienced 0 system lag or 0 lag for any of the toons. again, if my system for instance, can run 6 toons with just one core, then it isn't a system issue. i honestly think a modern cpu probably can run 10 to 15 toons per core pretty easily. again, when entering large cities and getting hang ups, that is server lag not system lag.
    Edited: September 14, 2019

4. i'm pretty confident that guy doesn't have those cpu's. i however do have a 1950x and so far, works flawlessly multiboxing. the issue people are describing above, sounds far less about system lag than server lag. if systems are getting hung up at peak hours running trains, it is more likely due to the server itself getting hung up by having that many toons in major cities than it having anything to do at all with cpu's.
    2990wx not that expensive man, he can easily own it. But u just cant run ur 100 clients or whatever. Yes, its possible to do 25x on smth like 7700k and even play wg against boxers w/o much lags on smth like 30/5 fps, without melee chars/iwt. But u just cant run 100 clients smoothly especially on one pc. Plus to this, 2990wx have some infinite fabric stuff, memory access too slow even with NUMA mode.
    I can easily say that i can run 4 chars per core on my 6 six core intel, but its not working this way when u adding more chars. More chars - more power you need, mainly that amount increases in geometric progression. Also, worth to divide computation for few pcs, u'll have less issues with speed of your ram, drives, crashes, videocad and such, as well as faster cold load time.

5. 2990wx not that expensive man, he can easily own it. But u just cant run ur 100 clients or whatever. Yes, its possible to do 25x on smth like 7700k and even play wg against boxers w/o much lags on smth like 30/5 fps, without melee chars/iwt. But u just cant run 100 clients smoothly especially on one pc. Plus to this, 2990wx have some infinite fabric stuff, memory access too slow even with NUMA mode.
    I can easily say that i can run 4 chars per core on my 6 six core intel, but its not working this way when u adding more chars. More chars - more power you need, mainly that amount increases in geometric progression. Also, worth to divide computation for few pcs, u'll have less issues with speed of your ram, drives, crashes, videocad and such, as well as faster cold load time.
    i have called him out else where, he refuses to show his system. i on the other hand have shown my system (go to youtube, ThorOdin is my channel. has a ton of videos of my system on there). i have found that a lot of people claim they have cpu's they really don't have to make themselves sound superior or make themselves sound bigger than what they are. it is quite common for people to do on youtube, facebook, or other forums. when presented by someone asking for proof, they refuse too show what they have. fact is, the 2990wx is the biggest baddest cpu available right now, so of course people will falsely claim to have it to make themselves sound big.
    next, a reason i doubt he has it, is he and seems like most people commenting on this very thread, including you, don't understand the difference between server lag and system lag is. in my other comment, i explained the difference, you didn't even comment on that, claim that a 2990wx is experiencing system lag. it isn't system lag that is not allowing it to run, lets say 100 toons in dalaran (or 50 for that matter), it is SERVER LAG. when you introduce a ton of toons to an area that already has a ton of toons in it, that of course will overwhelm the server.
    the reason why one guy can run 40 toons on a 7700k in a non populated area but someone on lets say a 1950x cannot run 40 toons in dalaran has NOTHING to do with system lag. that literally is server lag. if for example, a 7700k can run 40 toons, that means a 1950x can run 100 toons. it isn't lagging the system, it is lagging the server. so.....in other words, if you can run 100 toons in a non populated area, bring those 100 toons to dalaran, and then experience lag, it is due to the 100 toons on top of the 400 more toons in the area causing the server to lag. again, that has absolutely nothing to do with lagging YOUR system. that is overwhelming the server.

6. Since what time u dumby CPU load, FPS lag is related to server lag? He didnt say he have LAGS at all. But he have 60% cpu load at idle in dala, this the fact that 2990wx have 64 threads, most helpful resources already gone, lets say w/o SMT it will have just 32c/32t, and load will be over 100%. You have just stupid 16c/32t which costs rn 199$(cuz 1st gen), twice less power, a bit better memory access, but again, 1st buggy gen, worse IPC, etc. You just cant do this(you need 250% power of 1950x, aka 2.5x 1950x, not one).

The way u showed load in dumb phone video, I can do 60 chars on 6 cores. If I'd add all my pcs prolly even 120 chars. But this mean nothing, especially when u arrived to capital city or even dala

7. Since what time u dumby CPU load, FPS lag is related to server lag? He didnt say he have LAGS at all. But he have 60% cpu load at idle in dala, this the fact that 2990wx have 64 threads, most helpful resources already gone, lets say w/o SMT it will have just 32c/32t, and load will be over 100%. You have just stupid 16c/32t which costs rn 199$(cuz 1st gen), twice less power, a bit better memory access, but again, 1st buggy gen, worse IPC, etc. You just cant do this(you need 250% power of 1950x, aka 2.5x 1950x, not one).

The way u showed load in dumb phone video, I can do 60 chars on 6 cores. If I'd add all my pcs prolly even 120 chars. But this mean nothing, especially when u arrived to capital city or even dala
    Very true.

8. Since what time u dumby CPU load, FPS lag is related to server lag? He didnt say he have LAGS at all. But he have 60% cpu load at idle in dala, this the fact that 2990wx have 64 threads, most helpful resources already gone, lets say w/o SMT it will have just 32c/32t, and load will be over 100%. You have just stupid 16c/32t which costs rn 199$(cuz 1st gen), twice less power, a bit better memory access, but again, 1st buggy gen, worse IPC, etc. You just cant do this(you need 250% power of 1950x, aka 2.5x 1950x, not one).

first off, having a random screen shot that anyone can pull up off the internet doesn't prove he has that cpu, second, i will attempt to explain this yet again since people don't seem to grasp it. lets suspend doubt for a moment. lets say he REALLY is using a 2990wx and has 55-60% system load, has cool temps. he for the umpteenth time, isn't overwhelming his cpu. overwhelming the cpu is running all cores pegged. if he were for instance, run furmark for 20 minutes with every core pegged, the system will run at 100% and will increase temps because that is stressing the cpu. the fact is, in that VERY same screen shot, temps are low, running at 50-60% load? that IS NOT overwhelming his system. the lag, for the umpteenth time that people are describing is SERVER lag. if you can run, lets say, 100 toons in a non populated area and have no issues with it, that means your system has no issues with that and isn't lagging your system. when you introduce lets say 100 or hell, 50 toons in dalaran, that already has lets say 400-1000 toons in in it, and you are moving all of them at once, that is causing the server to lag and not your system
    the fact you and the other guy doesn't comprehend that if you can (in your own rant), run 60 chars on 6 cores but can't in dalaran and you don't comprehend server lag, just shows how little you know. it isn't the cpu that is overwhelmed, it is the server. i've been saying since the get go, that i'll experience server lag before system lag running 100 toons. the fact that you all don't comprehend what is happening is funny.
    i mean, you then claim my cpu costs $200, i'll make a video of newegg when i bought my cpu, it cost $1000, mobo cost $500, gpu another $500, etc). rolls eyes, as if the cost has anything to do at all with what i am saying

9. nothing like making up arguments just to advertise your youtube channel. #desperateforviews

10. CPU load != server lag, even if its crowded location. Server LAG is follow delay, spell delay, etc. Nothing related to cpu load, fps, etc.

BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW
    You didnt show that u have 1950x too, maybe u lie.

11. first off, having a random screen shot that anyone can pull up off the internet doesn't prove he has that cpu, second, i will attempt to explain this yet again since people don't seem to grasp it. lets suspend doubt for a moment. lets say he REALLY is using a 2990wx and has 55-60% system load, has cool temps. he for the umpteenth time, isn't overwhelming his cpu. overwhelming the cpu is running all cores pegged. if he were for instance, run furmark for 20 minutes with every core pegged, the system will run at 100% and will increase temps because that is stressing the cpu. the fact is, in that VERY same screen shot, temps are low, running at 50-60% load? that IS NOT overwhelming his system. the lag, for the umpteenth time that people are describing is SERVER lag. if you can run, lets say, 100 toons in a non populated area and have no issues with it, that means your system has no issues with that and isn't lagging your system. when you introduce lets say 100 or hell, 50 toons in dalaran, that already has lets say 400-1000 toons in in it, and you are moving all of them at once, that is causing the server to lag and not your system
    the fact you and the other guy doesn't comprehend that if you can (in your own rant), run 60 chars on 6 cores but can't in dalaran and you don't comprehend server lag, just shows how little you know. it isn't the cpu that is overwhelmed, it is the server. i've been saying since the get go, that i'll experience server lag before system lag running 100 toons. the fact that you all don't comprehend what is happening is funny.
    What you don't seem to comprehend is that I said you will not play endgame content with a 100 chars on 1x 1950x on icecrown.

All you do is write big walls of text that don't matter to the subject at all.

You will NOT be able to box 1 wintergrasp battle with 100 chars on 1x 1950x cpu. If you think I'm still wrong upload one of those quality video's of yours and prove me wrong since I have the feeling you'd like to do it ;)

12. What you don't seem to comprehend is that I said you will not play endgame content with a 100 chars on 1x 1950x on icecrown.

All you do is write big walls of text that don't matter to the subject at all.

You will NOT be able to box 1 wintergrasp battle with 100 chars on 1x 1950x cpu. If you think I'm still wrong upload one of those quality video's of yours and prove me wrong since I have the feeling you'd like to do it ;)
    again, at what point did i not say i will experience server lag before system lag. i've been claiming since my very first comment that i will experience server lag before system lag running 100 toons. again, if you introduce 100 toons moving all at once, in a heavily populated area, that is causing the server to lag and not your system. again, if you can run 100 toons fine not being around people, it is due to not lagging the server vs being around a ton of toons and lagging the server

13. nothing like making up arguments just to advertise your youtube channel. #desperateforviews
    first off, i don't give a crap about getting views. that is not the point of my videos. i post videos once in a while to prove people wrong. i've done it a few times. the point is, if i can run 6 toons on 4k each toon with 1 core and not lag my system (which cpu usage should be maxed out at 1 core, which i think i'll make a video of what is happening to that core later on), then it isn't going to overwhelm the system having 3 toons per core assigned to them. i mean, seems like people are rather hostile against the truth of what's happening and not comprehend what server lag is vs system lag. don't really care to be honest. in truth, i am trying to help people out by explaining what is happening and why running 40 toons in non populated area's don't get lag but you do get lag when going to heavily populated area's. whatever, people can get mad all they want and remain ignorant. really i honestly don't care.

14. CPU load != server lag, even if its crowded location. Server LAG is follow delay, spell delay, etc. Nothing related to cpu load, fps, etc.

BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW
    You didnt show that u have 1950x too, maybe u lie.
    cpu is not server lag. again, if you can run 100 toons in a non populated area and isn't loading the cpu or overwhelming it, but can't in heavily populated area's, it is not system lag, it is server lag. if you once again, move 100 toons at once in an area in dalaran, what is happening is you are piling 100 toons on top of the 500-1000 toons in the area and causing the server to spike in that area.
    and no, cpu lag is not server lag, those are 2 very different things. i personally have been in wotlk on warmane in icecrown server and been on 1 toon on my 1950x and experienced lag in dalaran. what is happening is the overwhelming amount of players in the area is causing the server to spike. that once again, is server lag and not system lag.
    next, you claim i haven't shown my system. go to my channel, ThorOdin on youtbue, i have a ton of video's showing my cpu, i show it running cinnebench for example. the very same video's of it running on just one core, i show myself hand turning off each core in isboxer except one (thus turning off all but one of those 32 threads/cores), so again, i LITERALLY have shown my system. i see comprehension isn't your strong suit.

15. again, at what point did i not say i will experience server lag before system lag. i've been claiming since my very first comment that i will experience server lag before system lag running 100 toons. again, if you introduce 100 toons moving all at once, in a heavily populated area, that is causing the server to lag and not your system. again, if you can run 100 toons fine not being around people, it is due to not lagging the server vs being around a ton of toons and lagging the server
    If your system crashes at a point due to this "server lag" you mention than it is not fit the amount of toons your boxing. And that is all i've said buddy.

1950x is NOT fit to box more than 40. That is if you engage in PVP and open world boxer vs boxer fights.

I did alot of boxer vs boxer fights, talking 40 vs 100 or more and 1950x wasn't fit to do it smootthly so I went for the 2990wx, it did a better job but still not perfect.

First 1234 ... Last