1. May 10, 2019  

multiboxing inside cities.

Whenever I approach a large city, specifically with other players, I get this hang, as if all my clients are trying to sync. I run a 35 with lowest settings and 5 fps background with a Ryzen 8 core. What I'm trying to figure out is, whether this sync is FORCED by ISboxer, which causes the hang, or is it my cpu limitation, trying to catch up on each screen, freezing the entire pc.

I've read on swapping and I do use swap for more precision. Would shutting it down really improve anything? I heavily rely on clicks to accept quests and interact with anything at all, so I wouldn't want to opt out of this feature if it truly isn't necessary.

Are there any hidden steps I can take to further reduce any strain from the wow windows? like modifying the config file? are there any graphical changes I can personally apply to enhance my stability further?

Your advice is very appreciated.

2. May 10, 2019  
    You can try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBg0wWMGoUg
    It should help minimize the load on the gpu and cpu.

3. May 10, 2019  
    Thanks I'll have a go at it.

4. May 10, 2019  
    If you wanna box your toons normally without the use of 3rd party software like the above (wich i think might not even be allowed to use, not sure of this tho) then i'd suggest you diagnose your pc first while boxing. Monitor CPU GPU ram. Especially cities/wg/heavy fights since there your CPU usage will spike the most.

Personally i think 35 chars is too many to box on 1 ryzen 8core and I think if you run some tests you'll figure out that your CPU is just running max load and perhaps even throttling at points.

There are certain tricks like core parking in windows or lowering graphics in the configfile befow the default values etc etc but at some point your system is just capped.

5. May 10, 2019  
    That's my issue. It's not capped at all. I think I hit maybe 60% usuage MAX on all cores, hence my motivation to go BEYOND 35. It's either GPU or RAM. I run 32 gigs of ram, and highly doubt memory is what's kicking me down. I'm really unsure of what the problem is, but I'll be doing some diags for the next few days. I'm thinking of getting a threadripper just to fill the void if the problem does end up being the cpu, but I wanna make sure it's 100%. Not everyone has 2k to blow on a chip.

6. May 10, 2019  
    That's my issue. It's not capped at all. I think I hit maybe 60% usuage MAX on all cores, hence my motivation to go BEYOND 35. It's either GPU or RAM. I run 32 gigs of ram, and highly doubt memory is what's kicking me down. I'm really unsure of what the problem is, but I'll be doing some diags for the next few days. I'm thinking of getting a threadripper just to fill the void if the problem does end up being the cpu, but I wanna make sure it's 100%. Not everyone has 2k to blow on a chip.
    You think you hit maybe 60% but have you viewed it and monitored the clockspeeds? I doubt that CPU is stable enough in heavy combat situations and possible even dalaran at peak times, seeing my threadripper can reach 60%load at times in dala with 35/15 fps setup. you might not have the right ram for that CPU but still I really doubt you'll get stable performance if you wanna box more than 25 on that Ryzen.

On the threadripper note, i've tested the 1950x(16core) and it wasn't stable enough for 40 to my liking. The 2990wx is perfect for me for 40 but anything over it will decrease performance too much.

But yeah as you said yourself, test and monitor i'd love to see some results btw :)

7. May 11, 2019  
    Well, I did some tests, and I still can't connect anything. I use about 20 gigs of ram, my cpu doesn't go over 40% on each core. My harddrive is not throttling anything (SSD) and my network seems stable the whole time. It's blowing my mind. I've used 100% cpu using things like cinebench and burn in, and I've felt NO system instability. My ram is a trident z brand with low Cs and made by samsung (quality ram and compatible with my board 100%) My GPU is not the issue, because I would hear the fans rev up at least.

I also noticed if I spam follow and move in all kinds of directions while it freezes on the 1 screen, or if I click over on the OTHER VISIBLY WORKING AND NOT FROZEN screens, it syncs up faster. It's as if my main window, makes a call to the other windows to sync up, and they try to catch up, and the system waits and stalls until that happens on ALL windows.

I reduced my fps to 35/5, and it helped a bit, but the freeze still occurs, especially when I look into the DIRECTION of a town. By the way, thanks for that info about the threadripper 1950x. I was going to get that one, but if it's not enough, then I'd prefer to wait on a price drop or the new 16 core Ryzen 3850x. Appreciate your help.

8. May 11, 2019  
    Try playing without GPU drivers. For some reason they cause instability to my system aswell. (without any visible changes in load/temps/fansound). Especially the latest driver for my 1080ti ****s up my entire gameplay.

And wich monitoring tools are you using during gameplay? Some might not show correct values.

PS: are you using a default Isboxer or did you make modifications? And is it cracked or paid?

9. May 12, 2019  
    Try playing without GPU drivers. For some reason they cause instability to my system aswell. (without any visible changes in load/temps/fansound). Especially the latest driver for my 1080ti ****s up my entire gameplay.

And wich monitoring tools are you using during gameplay? Some might not show correct values.

PS: are you using a default Isboxer or did you make modifications? And is it cracked or paid?
    Did u se background FPS correctly? And CPU cores usage?

10. May 14, 2019  
    You shouldn't run that many characters just a ryzen...
    Ofc it's going to work outside cities. But as long you'll try to go in Dalaran or WG, you won't be able to do anything it's just going to freeze.
    If you have 60% CPU just being outside cities or in SW at non peaks hours, you should play less accounts.
    For example I was going 20 accounts, 20% cpu use outside where I'm alone, 80% in dalaran and a bit more in WG. RAM was going 12gb alone, 25gb in WG.

If you want to do tests, at least do them right.

11. May 16, 2019  
    You think you hit maybe 60% but have you viewed it and monitored the clockspeeds? I doubt that CPU is stable enough in heavy combat situations and possible even dalaran at peak times, seeing my threadripper can reach 60%load at times in dala with 35/15 fps setup. you might not have the right ram for that CPU but still I really doubt you'll get stable performance if you wanna box more than 25 on that Ryzen.

On the threadripper note, i've tested the 1950x(16core) and it wasn't stable enough for 40 to my liking. The 2990wx is perfect for me for 40 but anything over it will decrease performance too much.

But yeah as you said yourself, test and monitor i'd love to see some results btw :)
    I'd like to know more about your 1950 threadripper test. What was so unstable about it? partial freezing during walks through the city? or just minor fps drops that matter to you? how low were your settings when you ran the 40 on your 1950?

Reason why I'm asking is, I'm willing to destroy complete visibility most clients just so I can keep some mains on the medium (8 clients, 1 for every group of 5.)
    Edited: May 16, 2019

12. May 16, 2019  
    I'd like to know more about your 1950 threadripper test. What was so unstable about it? partial freezing during walks through the city? or just minor fps drops that matter to you? how low were your settings when you ran the 40 on your 1950?

Reason why I'm asking is, I'm willing to destroy complete visibility most clients just so I can keep some mains on the medium (8 clients, 1 for every group of 5.)
    Clockspeeds on the cpu throttled, some cpu profiles worked better than others after enabling core parking but it would still throttle in crowded dalaran and heavy fights. on 40 toons. 30 toons was already a huge inprovement. Also slave windows on lowest video settings.

2990wx is way better but still not ideal tbh. (Even on watercooling with 4.1ghz on all 32 cores. and equiped with top components) and slave visuals on lowest video settings. Also all performance hungry windows features and stuff turned off.

If i ever build another HED i'll prolly swap to intel again.

All that being said you should do some serious tests on your current system, I'm pretty sure your cpu is getting choked by those clients, If you have 40% loads outside of cities in azeroth than your cpu will choke in wintergrasp and prolly dalaran will be horrible too. You could run a few chars and up the clients to see where it goes wrong. monitor your speeds, temps; load. Know that buying a 1950x might not perform how you hope it would. Also keep in mind the threadripper cpu's are known to work better with certain ram, so I suggest you do some research if you're ever buying one.

13. May 16, 2019  
    Clockspeeds on the cpu throttled, some cpu profiles worked better than others after enabling core parking but it would still throttle in crowded dalaran and heavy fights. on 40 toons. 30 toons was already a huge inprovement. Also slave windows on lowest video settings.

2990wx is way better but still not ideal tbh. (Even on watercooling with 4.1ghz on all 32 cores. and equiped with top components) and slave visuals on lowest video settings. Also all performance hungry windows features and stuff turned off.

If i ever build another HED i'll prolly swap to intel again.

All that being said you should do some serious tests on your current system, I'm pretty sure your cpu is getting choked by those clients, If you have 40% loads outside of cities in azeroth than your cpu will choke in wintergrasp and prolly dalaran will be horrible too. You could run a few chars and up the clients to see where it goes wrong. monitor your speeds, temps; load. Know that buying a 1950x might not perform how you hope it would. Also keep in mind the threadripper cpu's are known to work better with certain ram, so I suggest you do some research if you're ever buying one.
    Thanks a lot for that info. If I can offer some help to you, I read a few things today, and people have been saying to keep your ram speed low on the 2990wx, especially if you're overclocking. Most recommended 2400mhz to allow the cores to communicate better with the ram. I'd personally go stock if that is actually an issue this cpu has.

I'll try 25 on my ryzen in dalaran and I'll update you guys on how it goes. I'm really disappointed by the idea that this 32 core cpu can't handle 40 flawlessly. It's theoretically 4x my ryzen performance.

14. May 16, 2019  
    Okay so, 20 is the limit in dalaran. Frames are unstable but close enough to move and react if I ever needed to. Cpu goes to 100% sometimes, but I have a good cooler so I didn't hit 50c. I was choking the cpu with 30+ when I was inside cities. Thanks for the info that everyone provided. I'd like more info on the 16 core cpu though. If I can run things the way I run them with 20, but add another 20, then that would be worth the 1k I'd spend on it. I'm talking about the 2950x, not the 1950x. In most cases, I should probably wait for the new Ryzen 3850x, but will it really make that much of a difference just based on the architecture?

Would appreciate any opinions on this decision.

15. May 17, 2019  
    I should probably wait for the new Ryzen 3850x, but will it really make that much of a difference just based on the architecture?

Would appreciate any opinions on this decision.
    I would atleast wait till the release, AMD has press conference on 27th may @ Computex.

Personally i think it's better to wait for the 3850x since clockspeeds will prolly be alot better aswell, i guess we'll find out soon. :D

Edit:

Frames are unstable but close enough to move and react if I ever needed to. Cpu goes to 100% sometimes
    If it hits 100% in dala, i'm pretty sure you'll face alot of freezes in combat in WG. I can tell you this is not fun and you surely won't have time to react in certain situations :D
    Edited: May 17, 2019

123 ... Last