1. May 10, 2019  

Mass Dispel in PvP

Hello there!

I've been wondering for a while now, but does anyone else feel like Mass Dispel doesn't work properly when trying to remove Divine Shield and/or Ice Block?

I know there are talents to reduce the chance, like "Stoicism" (paladin) and "Arcane Subtlety" (mage). Those talents only reduce the chance by 30% though, which isn't nearly high enough to justify how many times other players resist Mass Dispels. Considering how many times I have to use that spell, just saying "bad luck" doesn't sound very realistic either.

I rarely remove something on the first try, even two tries aren't enough most of the time. If I had to guess, then I'd say that my average is somewhere around 2-3 Mass Dispel attempts to remove either Ice Block or Divine Shield. Sometimes people even resist 4 Mass Dispels in a row, which REALLY shouldn't be happening as frequently as it does (I'm not very good at math, but I believe the chance of that happening is 0,81%). By the way, I have 6% hit and more than 130 Spell Penetration.

Greetings!

2. May 11, 2019  
    Divine Shield is in itself problematic because a Ret has an increased chance to be missed by spells. It's not just chance to resist dispels, but also chance to be missed by spells by other talents as well.