1. May 11, 2019  

Ninja's

I wonder if its possible to implement a system that marks an account the moment its banned for Ninja looting, giving everyone in the group and raid a warning Message the moment a Ninja joins the group or raid in the form of something like a DBM warning..

maybe something like

Known Ninja (Character Name) has joined the Raid/Group!

As a precaution measure and a warning to other player to decide weather or not they want to take the chance instead of flooding the game with ninja reports.

Might help in the long run and make people think twice about Ninja gear
    Just my 2cent input :)

2. May 11, 2019  
    Once they serve their ban, they are free and clear with shining reputation.

This idea would work if there were no anti-ninja rules, like it was before and punishment came from community itself.

3. May 11, 2019  
    I don't believe this would happen because bans are supposed to be the punishment and we already don't allow reports on the forums partially to avoid letting the community punish each other.

4. May 11, 2019  
    No, **** idea.
    You know the statistics showing up every once in a while that people who have served time in prison will most likely go back to prison? It's cause in RL every employer checks your background and does the exact thing you wanna do here.
    Their punishment was the 60 days not playing. After that they're free to go back to the game, ninja another item and go back offline for 90 days now.
    After that they can either stop that BS (having "stolen" 2-3 items at most) or just be permabanned.

5. May 12, 2019  
    No, **** idea.
    You know the statistics showing up every once in a while that people who have served time in prison will most likely go back to prison? It's cause in RL every employer checks your background and does the exact thing you wanna do here.
    It's almost like people who are criminal once tend to be criminal again after having spend time with more criminals, but I guess your interpretation makes more sense.
    I'm completely fine with the system we have atm, but it requires too much/the wrong evidence to get people banned, here are my 2 cases where I encountered ninjas, starting with the second one (because it's easier):

Onyxias head: our hunter lead said that he needs onyxias head, he then rolls it and loses the roll. He takes it and leaves the raid. I took a short video of that chatlog and him losing the roll. 1-2 days later I get a ticket response that it was dealt with him and I haven't seen him online since.

Death's Choice: our warrior tank lead dragged rolling the loot incredibly long and faked disconnects. Everyone called for him to just roll DC already and he just ignored it. He rolled every item expect DC and boes and then he just logged off. I took a screenshot of him being offline while the rest of the raid stands there and waits or calls him a ninja. The next morning I message him about it and he claims that he had a disconnect but spoke to a gm about the issue and deleted the items he got and wouldn't even want them in the first place (a 5.3k prot war with arms specc doesn't need dc in his first toc25 run, ok then). I recorded this conversation and a few days later encountered him wearing the trinket. I took a screenshot and made one big report with all the evidence I had, since he didn't get banned for like a week at that point even though most people in that raid reported him. Apparently this was still not enough evidence for our game masters though. I have no clue what other evidence one could possibly provide for a fake dc ninja. I litterally sent a video of him admitting that he unrightfully took it and a screenshot of him wearing it... So this "security hole" should definitely be looked at imo.

6. May 12, 2019  
    Well I hear the point about the ban being an appropriate punishment but humor me with this scenario.... a guy comes and creates a raid steals the desired gear and gets banned for 2 - 6 days. Then play on another account while waiting for that time to pass and then sell the character when it has the desired gear?

A warning to other players of a known ninja could stop people to assist these players altogether

7. May 12, 2019  
    Ninja from a raid is a 30 day ban minimum, dungeon ninja is a 5 day ban minimum.

8. May 12, 2019  
    Well I hear the point about the ban being an appropriate punishment but humor me with this scenario.... a guy comes and creates a raid steals the desired gear and gets banned for 2 - 6 days. Then play on another account while waiting for that time to pass and then sell the character when it has the desired gear?

A warning to other players of a known ninja could stop people to assist these players altogether
    If a person makes a new account to play it while banned as a ninja, the system won't know if they were the ninja. Bypassing a ban would (most likely) bypass an IP as well, so you can't even tie it to that. So yeah, it's a redundant system. If you want to go on a witch-hunt, just make your own groups or leave a group as soon as you see a ninja who you had experienced (because they don't always get caught lets be honest here... lack of evidence) and inform the leader as to why you left.