1. May 12, 2019  

TBC blackrock realm

With the current state of TBC and the outland server and (1x ratio servers) the addition of a tbc server with instant 70/S3 + solo que would be great

Since we didnt have any well 'pvp scripted' instant 70 server since the late 2013 NG
    /AT

espicially with the addition of Solo que/cross realm bg with outland

which would attract many players and finally unite the tbc community which is in a really bad state right now

i would estimate the tbc private community to be around 10k-12k population ( close to icecrown ) but they are all spread over many servers

Outland had 11k population at some point which dropped significantly due to bad store timing decisions done in the past (warglaives)

with many high end tbc arena players refusing the tbc grind this would solve the issue completly

""Blackrock type"" tbc server is the answer which i still dont understand why it didnt get implemented back when AT/Molten wow decided to merge together

and only the Wotlk arena server moved over.

2. May 12, 2019  
    I agree. A Blackrock like TBC realm which has cross-realm PvP with Outland would be awesome.
    Imo the starter gear should be s2 though. Handing out s3 weapons and shoulders for free while they require 1800 and 1950 arena rating on Outland, would be kinda unfair.
    Compared to wotlk the gear gaps are anyway small in TBC. A full s2 geared player has already the same amount of resilience like a full s4 geared one and he shouldn't have troubles to beat him when he plays well.

Nonetheless, this is only dreaming. Warmane seems to be too busy with preparing their progressive vanilla realm. I doubt they will care about TBC any time soon.
    Outland used to have by far the most active pvp scene of all the TBC private servers and it's really sad to see how everything is going down the drain and nothing is done against it.
    Edited: May 12, 2019

3. May 12, 2019  
    I doubt it will happen because it seems (likely not true tho) that Warmane is more focused on their wrath realms although Outland has great potential.

In terms of PvP, it would be great to have a Blackrock ream, rated BGs with really cool cosmetic rewards such as a special weapon enchant effect and mount.

Also, they should consider Transmog because S4 is ugly, but thats off-topic.

4. May 12, 2019  
    Outland had 11k population at some point which dropped significantly due to bad store timing decisions done in the past (warglaives)
    You think so?
    And here I thought it was because the people who were on Outland to do TBC progression had finished their progression. Not for a planned release that was announced nearly two years prior.

with many high end tbc arena players refusing the tbc grind this would solve the issue completly
    To which issue would you be referring? That the private server TBC playerbase is spread across multiple different servers?

p.s. Suggestions go here: http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

5. May 12, 2019  
    You think so?
    And here I thought it was because the people who were on Outland to do TBC progression had finished their progression. Not for a planned release that was announced nearly two years prior.
    I think that players finished their progression is not the main reason for the population drop. Most ppl quit before they even took a step into SWP or had s4 gear.
    Why does Icecrown has a 12k pop even though the realm is stagnant since it's creation?
    What does Icecrown have that Outland doesn't have and is there something that Warmane can do to make TBC more attractive to players?

Many constructive suggestion were made in the saving private outlandthread but the feedback that we got from the staff is quite spare.
    I also made a suggestion on how to save the realm which didn't receive much attention.

You have to understand that we Outland players are slowly losing the hope.
    The population keeps dropping and it doesn't seem like Warmane is doing anything to bring the players back.

6. May 12, 2019  
    Its a good idea but I believe they would've done it already if they ever were. Its also a bit odd considering much of the infrastructure for such a server already existed in the PvP/PvE test realm before Outland was released. You could get all the talent builds/gems/gear/etc aka all the stuff Blackrock has.
    Edited: May 12, 2019

7. May 13, 2019  
    Its a good idea but I believe they would've done it already if they ever were. Its also a bit odd considering much of the infrastructure for such a server already existed in the PvP/PvE test realm before Outland was released. You could get all the talent builds/gems/gear/etc aka all the stuff Blackrock has.
    I think the harder part would be to develop cross-realm BGs and arena for TBC.

8. May 14, 2019  
    You think so?
    And here I thought it was because the people who were on Outland to do TBC progression
    Lots of players after grinding bgs for 1 season got so bored that they left the server. I ve lvled character just to play arena, but got stucked in bg 4ever. I worked hard to get some bg gear, but i could not do it more than once and left in season 2.
    Dont know about others but i would come back into tbc if it would be like BR.

9. May 14, 2019  
    The Grind for gear on the TBC was ridiculous. To get fully BG geared, it took about 2 months playing morning to dusk. Would be wise to just play your 10 arena games each week and only purchase the off-pieces with the honor.

TBC PvP is amazing, I perfer it over Wrath PvP because it's much more fluid, less bursty, more counter-play.

When I lose a fight in Wrath, many times I die so quick there is not much time to react.

In my opinion, TBC PvP is better, Wrath PvP is more popular.

10. May 14, 2019  
    In my opinion, TBC PvP is better, Wrath PvP is more popular.
    To me it seems like gear plays in Wotlk a far more important role than in TBC and the gear gaps between the seasons are much bigger.
    When you are full s6 geared you don't stand a chance against a s8 geared player.
    Donating for highend PvE offparts is more or less mandatory in the competitve play.

In TBC the difference between the season gear is much smaller. A s2 geared guy can beat a s4 geared guy.
    Ppl aren't obligated to donate for PvE gear. Having some PvE parts can be benefical but full PvP geared players do also well.

After all I'd say you can do well in TBC without donating whatsover. Donating for highend gear gives you a benefit but it's less impactful like in Wotlk.
    Edited: May 14, 2019

11. May 21, 2019  
    So did discuss BR tbc server idea with server leads?
    Kindly don't ignore this topic.