1. May 13, 2019  

Could this be true?

All my life i've been pvping, playing high rated arenas etc, that's all i know, to kill. How time passed by i kept hearing bout roleplaying, what is roleplaying and how does it works?
    Ive read somewhere that people go so far that they actually get so deep into the game and they represent themselves as the character they play????

Could this be true? I mean come on people... I make an warlock in a game, make up some story about his past and live a life in a game???

2. May 13, 2019  
    Could this be true? I mean come on people... I make an warlock in a game, make up some story about his past and live a life in a game???
    Yes, you make your character and make it something more than just a DPS/tank/heal. Give it life.

3. May 13, 2019  
    All my life i've been pvping, playing high rated arenas etc, that's all i know, to kill. How time passed by i kept hearing bout roleplaying, what is roleplaying and how does it works?
    It's complicated and it works in many ways.

Ive read somewhere that people go so far that they actually get so deep into the game and they represent themselves as the character they play????
    Some people do this. Usually because it's the easiest way to start roleplaying without having any sort of creative experience, but allow you to create a character with depth. Others create an entirely fictional character that you could maybe see in a movie or read about in a novel.
    This is not how I like to roleplay though. I personally pick a personality trait, or some weird quirk, and focus on it - and build upon it as time passes. The experiences that you have with that character can become its backstory. For example, you had an undead rogue try to stick a sharp dagger in your buttcheeks, then you can make a story about that which your character can tell others about.

You could flesh out your character with making a full backstory. I find this to be a less fun approach than some others, though. As mentioned above, you can create your character's story via interactions with other players. You could have a higher level character with amnesia that rediscovers their past, and allow your friends or other roleplay partners to discover that with you. Or you could create a low level character and go through the roleplay of training and adventuring to become a highly experience adventurer.

Ultimately, it's up to you.
    If you're interested in finding other people to roleplay with, I would strongly suggest checking out this forum section: http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169

4. May 14, 2019  
    Many thanks for answers. I get it now.

5. May 15, 2019  
    Isnt that a bit ****ed up? I mean no offense, but getting so deep into virtual world...could be uuuuhhh.....or perhaps people running away from reality and problems.....cant judge, too many factors

6. May 15, 2019  
    Isnt that a bit ****ed up? I mean no offense, but getting so deep into virtual world...could be uuuuhhh.....or perhaps people running away from reality and problems.....cant judge, too many factors
    It's not Fck'd up, it's a way to have fun.

People "running away from reality and problems" isn't something bad (when not going into extremes).
    Some play games to do it, some listen/play music, some read/write, and some do sports and other hobbies.It's doing what you like on your free time.
    Role playing is just one way to play, nothing Fck'd up about it.

7. May 15, 2019  
    well, definately better than takin drugs/alkohol etc.... you have a point friend