1. May 7, 2019  

Client freezes for a second

Hello,
    My problem is that when I play WoW on WotLK server (Lordaeron), the game occasionally freezes for just a second and then, after that second, it plays nice and smoothly again until next sudden drop. It may happens randomly, about every 5-15 minutes of playtime.
    What I have tried:
    - I turned Xbox DVR thing off
    - I deleted Cache, Interface, WTF folders and then ran comparability test/ troubleshoot diagnostic on Wow.exe
    - I reinstalled/redownloaded the game entirely
    - I have Nvidia geforce exp app, so my video drivers are up-to-date
    My settings (which I tuned off/on many times trying to fix the problem):
    - Vsync, triple buffering, windowed borderless mode — ON
    - I have NO addons

My pc is pretty decent for a WotLK WoW so it's not the issue I guess :P
    - intel core i7 7700K 4.20GHz
    - ram 16GB
    - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
    - I have a lot of free space where WoW is installed, so it's not the problem too

I've tried almost every advice on similar issues on the Internet, but none of them solved my problem. I am desperate, this problem doesn't prevent me from playing, but from enjoying the game, it's so annoying. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance <3
    Edited: May 7, 2019 Reason: forgot to mention that I have clean WoW, without addons

2. May 7, 2019  
    If you have any addons installed for wow disable them and then try again. some of the addons can cause video lag at random, if that fixes it then you can go and reenable them one at a time till it glitches again to narrow it down

3. May 7, 2019  
    Disable vsync.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co..._other_things/

Vsync (the traditional one) is garbage since as soon as you dip bellow 60 (or 59-58) it'll cut you down to 30. And you're dropping bellow 60 just cause wotlk isn't the newest game out there and anyone will dip low from time to time.
    You'll see some drops to like 50s or whatever, but it won't half you fps.

4. May 8, 2019  
    Disable vsync.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co..._other_things/

Vsync (the traditional one) is garbage since as soon as you dip bellow 60 (or 59-58) it'll cut you down to 30. And you're dropping bellow 60 just cause wotlk isn't the newest game out there and anyone will dip low from time to time.
    You'll see some drops to like 50s or whatever, but it won't half you fps.
    Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it, but I incorrectly described my issues. As I said, I tried turning on and off different video settings and I tried playing with Vsync OFF, but it didn't help me. For some reasons, my game just freezes the screen for a second, and then it plays normally, no matter it was 60 (Vsync ON) or 180 (Vsync OFF). Seems for me that the case is not low fps, but the game client itself. It freezes not because of the low fps, but it freezes and shows me that my fps is low, because it stopped playing. I wish I could explain my thoughts more clearly, but yeah.. Vsync OFF doesn't fix my problem, unfortunately :p

5. May 15, 2019  
    For anyone interested, I occasionally solved this problem (but Im not sure it was the FIX and not the random luck on my side). So Im using the russian client with WoD models and I wanted to play without those buggy WoD models, so I deleted several files like russian guy said on ru topic. I deleted all of 3 files "...patch-w" so I can play the same models that I used to play back then, in 2008. And there was this problem with freezing screen.
    So I tried to redownload ru client without deleting WoD models files, and now everything works perfect.
    Im got very upset because I dont want to play with these crap models, but smoothness of the game is more important.

Problem solved, topic closed.