1. May 14, 2019  

Gold acquire

I need to acquire gold, around 15k ASAP, as in 1-2 days if possible.

I have a feral/resto druid with 3.6k gs Alliance and herbalism/skinning.

I've been making ~ 500 to 1000 gold per day so far with AH and farming, doing some rdf hc, daily quests etc.

As for what I need the money for? To buy Blackhole bags and ease my life, get 5k fly raiding.

Any tips?

- Leavesofheal
    Edited: May 14, 2019

2. May 14, 2019  
    No offence, but if I knew how to get 15000 gold in one day, do you think I would tell you how?

3. May 14, 2019  
    If you want "quick gold" use coins to buy it. If you want lots of gold buy stuff from impatient people who want "quick gold" and sell it for profit.

Avoid /trade due to scammers. Use AH or C.O.D.

I suggest Inscription, selling glyphs is great profit from 1st day. Buy inks. Visit guides to see which glyphs are selling good.

In general farming stuff is "free gold", but remember using the same time setting up mechanism to buy-sell stuff in AH will bring you hundreds of thousands gold over time by spending 20mins in AH each day. Instead of one-time farmed stuff that's few k at best.

Overall AH seems too inactive for the amount of players. I don't know if people just don't care to participate in economy because its going to get squished or conspiracy about fake players or whatever reason. There are at best 10 active traders among casual sellers on AH on Horde side, hard to tell why it is so.

4. May 14, 2019  
    No offence, but if I knew how to get 15000 gold in one day, do you think I would tell you how?
    No offense, but I've been gaming since 1998 and when I knew how to help other players, I always helped them. It's called building community.
    I've seen your kind, many times, you never go far, in fact you go against yourselves. Instead of building, you prefer to destroy what exists, are you a girl?

If you want "quick gold" use coins to buy it. If you want lots of gold buy stuff from impatient people who want "quick gold" and sell it for profit.

Avoid /trade due to scammers. Use AH or C.O.D.

I suggest Inscription, selling glyphs is great profit from 1st day. Buy inks. Visit guides to see which glyphs are selling good.

In general farming stuff is "free gold", but remember using the same time setting up mechanism to buy-sell stuff in AH will bring you hundreds of thousands gold over time by spending 20mins in AH each day. Instead of one-time farmed stuff that's few k at best.

Overall AH seems too inactive for the amount of players. I don't know if people just don't care to participate in economy because its going to get squished or conspiracy about fake players or whatever reason. There are at best 10 active traders among casual sellers on AH on Horde side, hard to tell why it is so.
    I've been thinking of alchemy to make flasks with elixir mastery and sell, everybody raids. Better gold than 10g glyphs imo.
    Reselling is not my style anymore, yes I can and had been making tons of gold before with such tactic, but camping AH is not my priority this month.

I also considered making a quick alt for tailor/enchant - easy dust, easy scrolls for AH, but leveling it takes time.

If there was a quest chain or a special need for a specific ingredient / item, it's be better.

As for why AH is not active, it's because it's not fresh server, I had created a char 2016 and made 200k gold in a month with the activeness of AH back then. It was super easy to sell berserk enchants for 1k and making tons of money daily, but time passed and the character is not restorable anymore so I made new 1.

5. May 14, 2019  
    No offense, but I've been gaming since 1998 and when I knew how to help other players, I always helped them. It's called building community.
    I've seen your kind, many times, you never go far, in fact you go against yourselves. Instead of building, you prefer to destroy what exists, are you a girl?
    Hey comrade, while you're at it: would you spare 15k gold, please? Since we're a community it only makes sense that I am entitled to your gold.
    I, too, haven't the faintest modicum of an idea as to how economy works, so let's force these capitalist pigs to hand over their IMMORAL secrets they so greedily cling to, so that we can, uhm, seize the means of production! By, well... applying the secrets they use to effectively generate income...?

Jokes aside, and given this quote, you make 500-1000 gold per day for a reason. :)

6. May 14, 2019  
    Flasks:
    Pros:
    - greater demand
    Cons:
    - deposit costs
    - higher competition
    - RNG or you barely cover reagent cost[elixir mastery]

Glyphs:
    Pros:
    - decent demand
    - no deposit costs
    - very high profit %, even in 1000% sometimes(for example, 4g ink, 1g paper, sells for 50g)
    - Darkmoon cards for long term high return profit
    Cons:
    - long to unlock all glyphs with Research to maximize[however still it's viable from day 1]
    - lots of micro management as you will have lots of different glyphs that has to be priced spereately, crafted seperately with different inks that you have to exchange at vendor

7. May 14, 2019  
    Hey comrade, while you're at it: would you spare 15k gold, please? Since we're a community it only makes sense that I am entitled to your gold.
    I, too, haven't the faintest modicum of an idea as to how economy works, so let's force these capitalist pigs to hand over their IMMORAL secrets they so greedily cling to, so that we can, uhm, seize the means of production! By, well... applying the secrets they use to effectively generate income...?

Jokes aside, and given this quote, you make 500-1000 gold per day for a reason. :)
    My 1st donated money were 2009, 20k on x1 server.

I've been giving lots of gold since then. If I had secure 100k+, I'd totally give away 15k if you need. Because what else would I do with this fake currency? I have everything usually.

And this is a joke x20 rate server I mean fun server, what is 15k? NOTHING.

8. May 14, 2019  
    What I wanted to say is that you can't make 7k in one day, but you can make average 7k per day. And it will take months to set it up such profit.

Giving stuff to your community will make them weak and dependent. Don't give fish, instead teach fishing if you care about them.

Once one dude asked me for gold, he said he had 30g. I told him to open AH and buy Thick clothing scraps under 50s each and vendor it. He was so amazed that it worked and he had more gold now. Some 2 months later he sent me message that he bought SM for coins he earned by selling gold he made as he expanded in trading.

9. May 14, 2019  
    What I wanted to say is that you can't make 7k in one day, but you can make average 7k per day. And it will take months to set it up such profit.

Giving stuff to your community will make them weak and dependent. Don't give fish, instead teach fishing if you care about them.

Once one dude asked me for gold, he said he had 30g. I told him to open AH and buy Thick clothing scraps under 50s each and vendor it. He was so amazed that it worked and he had more gold now. Some 2 months later he sent me message that he bought SM for coins he earned by selling gold he made as he expanded in trading.
    You are at false to think helping others makes them weak and dependent, because everybody is different. Those who are weak and dependent are such, not because you've helped them, but because they never intended to use the help for something progressive. Instead they wanted easy things. Others see the example and start helping others, like myself. I am part of a gaming clan, for a reason. We've been playing together for years, even traveled to England last year to meet a 10 year old gaming buddy of mine, which helped me back at 2009-2012.
    Fun fact: The person I gave 20k gold also invited me to meet them irl when she came to study in my town years ago. She will always remember me as the person who gave her gold in WoW and helped her through the game. Helping others makes HUGE impact, so huge, it's life-changing experience for some.

So I teach people to help others, and some of them do.

10. May 14, 2019  
    As for what I need the money for? To buy Blackhole bags and ease my life, get 5k fly raiding.

Any tips?
    Yeah, plan your money use better.

1st. Check what reputation faction offers artisan flying (I'm guessing Stormwind, as it's Orgrimmar for the Horde). Get that reputation to exalted. This will cut the price of hefty 5k flying down to 4k.

2nd. Forget the Portable Holes, they are 2.5k for 24 slots. Glacial bags are 780g for 22 slots, and Frostweave bags are 120g for 20 slots.

3rd. Whatever "easy my life" stands for, doesn't seem that important. You can farm gold for it with lvl 80 quests fast enough.

11. May 14, 2019  
    Yeah, plan your money use better.

1st. Check what reputation faction offers artisan flying (I'm guessing Stormwind, as it's Orgrimmar for the Horde). Get that reputation to exalted. This will cut the price of hefty 5k flying down to 4k.

2nd. Forget the Portable Holes, they are 2.5k for 24 slots. Glacial bags are 780g for 22 slots, and Frostweave bags are 120g for 20 slots.

3rd. Whatever "easy my life" stands for, doesn't seem that important. You can farm gold for it with lvl 80 quests fast enough.
    I know already about the rep discount, it's taken into calculations, portable holes it is I have them on Lord and this is x20 lmao, ease my life means no more destroying, deleting items from full inventory! Every slot counts.

12. May 14, 2019  
    That's true, everyone is different, but I rather know how to get something, sure just getting it is nice too. But I can't repeat that, so it has only "face value".

About bags, definitely get 24slot ones. Usually people who sell them will give you discount if you buy 4 or more. I sold a few hundred and sometimes even dropped price to 2k per bag if they wanted 4+. Personally I have 36slot ones from coin shop, 100% worth it.

13. May 14, 2019  
    About bags, definitely get 24slot ones.
    Yeah, eventually. Fresh 80's focus shouldn't be the best things, but the good and affordable alternatives.

I know already about the rep discount, it's taken into calculations, portable holes it is I have them on Lord and this is x20 lmao, ease my life means no more destroying, deleting items from full inventory! Every slot counts.
    It's actually x7..

14. May 14, 2019  
    ...well as i can see... its 1x because when you get done 1st daily rdfhc you get 22gold... not even exp on max lvl is transfered into gold... its it bug dunno bit sure it is like x1...

15. May 14, 2019  
    When in a mood to grind really hard i can earn 5-10k gold a day by mining saronite and titanium/titansteel in icecrown region. It all comes to hardcore grinding really, prepare to lose a bit of your sanity if you really want to get 15k in 2 days :D

12 Last