1. May 19, 2019  
    [QUOTE=Mercy;2994212]Fair point.
    One could also say that some people prefer Warmane because there is the guarantee that they won't be forced to play "the next expansion".

1000% agree this is why I hate to play on the retail >.> and I play on Warmane already more than 8 years :)

2. May 19, 2019  
    Imo its a big design flaw to begin with that blizz always forces players to progress to the next expansion.
    With every new Xpac release they should keep a few realms on the latest patch of the previous Xpac and make it for players possible to create a duplication of their character on these stagnant realms. The stagnant realm then only receives here and there a few balance tweaks while Blizz main focus is on working on the new Xpac

I think that this is a possible concept that Blizz might implement if they decide to release also TBC and Wotlk after Classic.
    It's also a possible concept for Warmanes progressive realm. (if it comes.)
    Edited: May 19, 2019

3. May 19, 2019  
    Playing a worse version of a class doesn't make you skilled, it only means you like to play handicapped. No there aren't a "lot" of abilities, it has far less than Wotlk. Ranks do not count. The perfect evidence is of the hunters overreliance on engineering to compensate for his lack of abilities. And in the end it didnt even matter because the warlock totally bodied him
    I disagree, the less tools you have the harder is to play. Pretty much anyone who play PVP seriously in Vanilla have engineering and can use i, regardless of the class. Sure at the final the Warlock beat the hunter, but early hunters won against other Warlocks. There is HUGEE difference between bad, decent, good and really good player. In Wrath the difference is not that obvious. That's why i said skill ceiling is way higher in Vanilla PvP, at least that is my opinion.

4. May 19, 2019  
    I have 21 macros, on top of my other skills, on my Ret paladin in Wrath. i guess i was playing it all wrong all this years and should just play with 3 buttons.
    21 macros and your point is?right... im guessing half of your 21 macros are because you want them you do not need them. its funny your here saying classic was harder then wrath but because you play a pally you now think one of the most simple classes ever in wow is somehow hard lol.

5. May 19, 2019  
    21 macros and your point is?right... im guessing half of your 21 macros are because you want them you do not need them. its funny your here saying classic was harder then wrath but because you play a pally you now think one of the most simple classes ever in wow is somehow hard lol.
    People like you are so one dimensional, something is 3 buttons faceroll OP or really hard underpowered class. From what i have seen people who come with ******ed sentences like " this class is 3 button class", are usually the worst players who say stupid things like that so they can feel little better after losing to this classes. The fact that for past few months you keep constantly arguing with multiple people about DK in Season 6, something we don't even have on Warmane and was complete different patch from what we ever had, just show how disconnected from reality you are. I am sure in your mind paladins just pop wings and spam divine storm and crusader strike and win, but maybe some day you will start taking again your medicine and wake up.

6. May 19, 2019  
    I disagree, the less tools you have the harder is to play.
    When it comes to the motoric skills of the human then it's obviously harder to play a class with 20 abilitys than one with 3 abilitys.
    When it's about the strategical skills then it's a different story.

I for one find it easier to play classes with a small repertory of abilities because I'm bad when it comes to motoric skills. I don't know how to 10 finger type either.
    It's just a matter of preference.

7. May 19, 2019  
    When it comes to the motoric skills of the human then it's obviously harder to play a class with 20 abilitys than one with 3 abilitys.
    When it's about the strategical skills then it's a different story.

I for one find it easier to play classes with a small repertory of abilities because I'm bad when it comes to motoric skills. I don't know how to 10 finger type either.
    It's just a matter of preference.
    When i say you have less tools i didn't mean you have less ability to press. Here is a example, in WOTLK you can simple shot a freezing arrow and trap someone with it. In Classic you can use trap only in your feet and also you cant use trap in combat. You tell me on which version of the game is harder to trap a player? And just to point out in my first post i didn't compare Wrath to Classic, i just said that CLassic skill ceiling is really high in PVP.

I find motoric skills easy to learn, all you need is to play a lot, do 5000 arena games you will master your motoric skills for sure. Knowing how to react in difference situation and making the right call is what in my eyes is hard to learn. That take way deeper understanding of the game as a whole and of other classes in general.

8. May 19, 2019  
    People like you are so one dimensional, something is 3 buttons faceroll OP or really hard underpowered class. From what i have seen people who come with ******ed sentences like " this class is 3 button class", are usually the worst players who say stupid things like that so they can feel little better after losing to this classes. The fact that for past few months you keep constantly arguing with multiple people about DK in Season 6, something we don't even have on Warmane and was complete different patch from what we ever had, just show how disconnected from reality you are. I am sure in your mind paladins just pop wings and spam divine storm and crusader strike and win, but maybe some day you will start taking again your medicine and wake up.

the truth is i watched you talk all sorts of crazy crap and now i know why, your a wrath boy and a pally player. everything thats been said in this thread and others by other people i have said months/years ago and you told me im full of it... now he were are your defending your wrath pally... lol but you said

"You have A LOT of ability in Classic and plenty of on use items, no idea why you think its just few but this is not true. People also use multiple ranks of their ability. And the way classes work in general make most of them way harder then what they are in WOTLK. Just compare Vanilla hunter to WOTLK hunter and tell me which one is harder to play"

talking about how much more skill it took to play classic then wrath....but not for your class, i get it....im sure you will say that the op'ed human racial in wrath is balanced.... o you already did. you can bring up other x-pacs but i cant nor can i respond to your comments about, i see..... your brought up the skill caps/differences classic/wrath i only replied to you.

about your 21 maco thing... yeah i will say it again wrath pallys " or pretty much any x-pac for pallys" is not a difficult class to play or master. sure all class/specs take a little time to learn but some much more then others and pallys are on the player friendly side so much so many find pallys dps rotation boring. its great you got 21 macros but you do not need anywhere near that for end game pve or high end pvp, unless your talking about 21 macros for your pallys total as in dps healing and prot ... fyi i said PALLY as in class never did i just say ret.....so do not act like holy pallys need 21 macros to be played.

for the record i never said a word about s6.... all i did was try to explain to people like you that patch 3.3.5 is 95% if not more the same then other patches during wrath. people like have asked for changes to things like 2v2 and the human racial correct? but your not smart enough to understand things like that came long before patch 3.3.5, so you/them are talking about pre 3.3.5 lol. you know like patch 3.3.0 was the ICC patch... 3.3.5 was RS raid...weird right?

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_3.3.0

9. May 19, 2019  
    Im sure you will say that the op'ed human racial in wrath is balanced.... o you already did.
    I never said its EMFH is balanced, i said its not as OP as some people make it. I guess you don't understand the difference.

Not even gonna bother responding to the rest of your nonsense, you just keep thinking people play with 3 buttons.

10. May 19, 2019  
    When i say you have less tools i didn't mean you have less ability to press. Here is a example, in WOTLK you can simple shot a freezing arrow and trap someone with it. In Classic you can use trap only in your feet and also you cant use trap in combat. You tell me on which version of the game is harder to trap a player?
    On the motoric lvl of skill its harder in Wotlk because using a freezing arrow on a moving target can be extremly difficult. It's usually neccesary to CC the target first and to shoot the trap afterwards.
    The motoric part can be designed easier when the left mouse key is executed through a third party program when the hotkey of the freezing arrow is pressed. Depending on the third party program that is used it is necessary to have basic knowledge of scripting to set that up.
    It is also necessary to be informed about Blizzards rules regarding that. The awareness that third party programs that execute scripts in the game are allowed but that it's not allowed to create scripts that are executed with out direct input from the player, aka botting.
    When all these researches are done and the script is setup then you have the ability to use click abilitys without the need to click. That will make the handling of click abilitys like Blizzard, volley, etc, significant easier and faster.

Keeping all these things in mind freezing trap is for me one of the most complex and hard to master abilitys ingame. Compatred to that a /cast Feign Death /cast Freezing Trap macro seems to me very easy and simple.

Why do I tell you all of that?
    Just to demonstrate you that it's completly a matter of the individual player what he considers hard.

11. May 19, 2019  
    On the motoric lvl of skill its harder in Wotlk because using a freezing arrow on a moving target can be extremly difficult. It's usually neccesary to CC the target first and to shoot the trap afterwards.
    The motoric part can be designed easier when the left mouse key is executed through a third party program when the hotkey of the freezing arrow is pressed. Depending on the third party program that is used it is necessary to have basic knowledge of scripting to set that up.
    It is also necessary to be informed about Blizzards rules regarding that. The awareness that third party programs that execute scripts in the game are allowed but that it's not allowed to create scripts that are executed with out direct input from the player, aka botting.
    When all these researches are done and the script is setup then you have the ability to use click abilitys without the need to click. That will make the handling of click abilitys like Blizzard, volley, etc, significant easier and faster.

Keeping all these things in mind freezing trap is for me one of the most complex and hard to master abilitys ingame. Compatred to that a /cast Feign Death /cast Freezing Trap macro seems to me very easy and simple.

Why do I tell you all of that?
    Just to demonstrate you that it's completly a matter of the individual player what he considers hard.
    I really don't wanna get into argument about what is harder and why, as i said my original post was about skill ceiling in Classic, not about what expansion is harder and why. I mentioned WOTLK first and it was mistake because this had nothing to do with what i was even talking about previously. I hope you agree however that there is plenty to learn in PVP and its very apparent when 2 players are on different PVP skill level in Classic.

12. May 20, 2019  
    The point of vanilla pvp are the details and hunter traps are one of them.
    How he told you, you can't put traps in combat, but traps have 15 sec cd, so if you are creative you can exit combat mode without feign death.
    You can "chain trap", trap shadowmeld and wait for cd, pre trap and bait etc. So basically vanilla isn't about the skill to place the trap, but how/where you manage to do it.

In the other spectrum, you have the MOP trap combo, that relies more in your "precision". Explosive-Freezing is a motoric skill.

I find that part of vanilla more interesting in the theory, because you have less tools, but you can master how to apply the tools in pvp.

Then you crash with the class imbalance, relianse on enginering, gadgets and consumables plus 15-30 mins cd...

13. May 20, 2019  
    @hsypersakura
    I don't disagree with you.
    My point was that everybody has his own point of view.
    It's a individual thing of each player what he considers difficult.
    Edited: May 20, 2019

14. May 20, 2019  
    I never said its EMFH is balanced, i said its not as OP as some people make it. I guess you don't understand the difference.

Not even gonna bother responding to the rest of your nonsense, you just keep thinking people play with 3 buttons.
    sure whatever you say :)
    and yes i think we all agree with you pallys need 21 macros to be played because that holy pally rotation is killer even more so standing still....

15. May 20, 2019  
    sure whatever you say :)
    and yes i think we all agree with you pallys need 21 macros to be played because that holy pally rotation is killer even more so standing still....
    So you was complaining that Holy is too strong and win with 3 buttons, not Ret that whole time? Man you just reached new level of stupidity.
    Edited: May 20, 2019

First 12345 ... Last