1. May 21, 2019  
    People will get bored with Vanilla quickly.Its all fun and whatnot on private server,but retail is whole different story.On private server,you can log in once a week,on retail you gotta actually play,because i strongly doubt someone is willing to toss money away,even that small sub, amount of money.

People forgot what vanilla wow actually was,and how boring and painful it was.You couldn't even play half of the classes,you could but...All that farming,in Vanilla,you can't farm previous expansion to earn gold,you gonna fight other 3-4 k people especially today (well in 2019) generally speaking,where everyone is trying to earn money by selling gold.Good luck having fun getting oneshot by rogue streamers,who lived past 14 years for Vanilla release only.

And again,have fun playing shaman,paladin,druid vs 90% population who gonna play swifties,vurtnes,drakedogs and rogues.

2. May 21, 2019  
    So you was complaining that Holy is too strong and win with 3 buttons, not Ret that whole time? Man you just reached new level of stupidity.
    i already said i was talking about pallys the entire class but since you failed to tell everyone what spec you need 21 macros to play i just went ahead and proved you wrong,again. 21 macros for a spec like ret or holy.... no 21 macors for dps holy tanking pvp and pve yeah maybe but you will not says. and if you do now say yeah i use 21 macros as a whole for my pallys well guess what? i already said that....

classic is more skill then wrath but not for your pally... like i said.... you take the cake.
    Edited: May 21, 2019

3. May 21, 2019  
    Personally, I play WoTLK because I find it's the best experience of WoW I can have. I played BFA and while there is a lot I like, there is a lot I dislike, and I mean a LOT I dislike. The only thing I really 'miss' is Worgen aren't in WoTLK, because that's my go-to race, but I can live with just my Draenei, Blood Elves, and Night Elves tbh.

Most people who I know who play private servers are people who want to play a SPECIFIC expansion (AKA WoTLK) the way it was *mostly* intended. The faster leveling rates help it not feel so grindy, also. Which is something Blizzard will never do.

As for the people worried Blizzard will come after Warmane; I'm pretty sure the company itself is located in a place that cannot be touched by US law considering how long it's been out, so unless a staff member decides to delete all the character information again, everything should be fine lol.

4. May 22, 2019  
    Read the most recent devlog.
    If that doesn't shout for a classic realm.

5. May 23, 2019  
    Read the most recent devlog.
    If that doesn't shout for a classic realm.
    Yup, smells like Warmane will open Vanilla realm. Nice timing and opportunity.

6. May 26, 2019  
    People just think they want to play retail vanilla.

There's no RDF,no infinite amount of potions,no portals,no nothing,not even gold,because you gonna spend weeks of farming just to have for raid repairs.

By the time u reach certain dungeons,you will die multiple times,you gonna reach that point where it takes you 4 hours to complete scarlet monastery,if you find people at all.No heirlooms,no powerful enchants and 1 k mana at level 25.

Farming professions,eternal struggle vs bots and other 5k+ players.

Vanilla is kind of expansion where everyone kept to themselves,even tho there's grouping and lfg's 24/7 there's no friendship.You won't be giving nor receiving leveling gifts to/from buddies,because they/you feel generous.Every gray item sale matters,let alone boe or even epic item for low levels.

And finally,people will abandon vanilla after 2-3 months,once they experience real struggle,where you gotta spend 10 hours a day farming gold just to have enough for repairs.You won't be able to buy gold from blizzard site,nor any site for that matter,for first few months,rest assured.

Don't get me wrong,i would like to play on retail,but i reached that point where i don't have motivation anymore.Over 10 years farming and devoting time into progress.Raids became like having a job,besides your standard job.One would think after 15+ years people would take this game less serious,but they are getting day by day worse and worse in terms of their 'devotion and seriousness' on servers where you can literally buy anything.

If these warmane funservers,where people take everything seriously (like literally death serious) look like this,imagine vanilla retail then.

People are willing to sell you and themselves for 200 gold on this funserver,imagine on realms where progress actually matters.
    Edited: May 26, 2019

7. May 26, 2019  
    You know you are the only one that decides how serious you play the game ? If raids actually became jobs for you, then don't do raids ? I will play Vanilla retail because I want to experience the old-school leveling experience, with a massive population, maybe some dungeons or even raids if I feel like it, but I have no intention to tryhard the hell out of the game and I will still enjoy the time I will spend there. You should try playing for fun.

There's no RDF,no infinite amount of potions,no portals,no nothing,not even gold,because you gonna spend weeks of farming just to have for raid repairs.

By the time u reach certain dungeons,you will die multiple times,you gonna reach that point where it takes you 4 hours to complete scarlet monastery,if you find people at all.No heirlooms,no powerful enchants and 1 k mana at level 25.

Farming professions,eternal struggle vs bots and other 5k+ players.
    What you described actually hyped me up.
    Edited: May 26, 2019

8. May 27, 2019  
    WotLK was WoW's sweet spot for me. Still enough of vanilla left, but enough quality of life upgrades to make it not just plain painful. Also, the best story and loved NR. Vanilla was cool and all, but this is my happy place. I'll mess around with it because I have friends who plan to, but this will still be my favorite.

9. May 27, 2019  
    Smells like Warmane will open Vanilla realm.
    I am sure that this will never happen :)

10. May 27, 2019  
    People just think they want to play retail vanilla.
    3-4 months of playtime is pretty decent if you ask me. Yeah, maybe they don't gonna like end content but those 250 hours will be there.

Vanilla gonna be there for any player with subscription, so isn't like you have to choose only classic or current exp, people could play 1 month classic then go to retail 1 month, getting bored and comeback to level that 25 char, level to 50 and so on. You can't play both at the same time that's for sure.

11. May 27, 2019  
    You can't play both at the same time that's for sure.
    You probably can, Classic is very casual friendly.

12. May 29, 2019  
    I have to strongly disagree with your point being that Classic is not casual friendly; in fact the game was originally designed to attract casual MMORPG players migrating from games like Everquest and even Runescape.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that if you aren't familiar with the large Chinese gold farming era that occurred in the early days of WoW, then you're poorly mistaken thinking that people won't find a way to purchase gold or even buy dungeon/raid carries from prestigious guilds. My point is that no matter what, players will always find a way to bypass said set of rules.

13. May 30, 2019  
    Again,people only think they want to play vanilla retail,they actually don't.

50% players with 'vanilla experience and nostalgia' weren't even born back in wow vanilla days.

30% never played vanilla,they only say they played it to look cool in other people's eyes.

= 80% of 'vanilla players' don't know **** about vanilla.You learned by watching other videos and dreaming about it,which is not experience at all.

We have seen hyped up people with every new game,expansion or DLC.After 1 month of 'best thing ever' different threads start to pop up ' this game sux,this game needs this or that,this game is boring,give us this and that' Vanilla wow won't be any different.

Sure,there's going to be people who gonna play certain games forever,but that doesn't mean game is dream come true and best thing ever.

People still play guild wars 1,that doesn't mean game is good.
    Edited: May 30, 2019

14. May 30, 2019  
    We have seen hyped up people with every new game,expansion or DLC.After 1 month of 'best thing ever' different threads start to pop up ' this game sux,this game needs this or that,this game is boring,give us this and that' Vanilla wow won't be any different.
    The people gonna play for complain or not, that don't deny the popular that is becoming official classic launch.

A lot of people avoid private servers in general, so if vanilla is the option they will be there playing for fun, complain or whatever, just like retail.

The crash with the wall gonna be there, but the time invest for that to happen is high.

15. May 30, 2019  
    I believe the first month when Classic is out will have an impact on all private server populations, but will likely resume back to normal. I certainly will be giving it a whirl, but due to Activision's money hungry control on Blizzard it will likely collapse in popularity after it's 3rd quarter.

Remember, to play Classic you need to have an active subscription. With Warmane, you can hop on at any time and pick up your progress without worrying about game-changing updates.

First ... 23456 Last