1. May 14, 2019  

Classic WoW release date announced | Warmane

I want your guys' opinion. With the release date of Classic finally being announced, how will it affect Warmane? Does anyone else feel that a lot of people are going to be selling their toons on here and the population will eventually drop here?

2. May 15, 2019  
    Nope. Maybe an short stop, but imo not so big amount. Probably IT wont affect Warmane, at least wotlk servs

3. May 15, 2019  
    It'll have little to no effect imo. Vanilla was very unbalanced with half the specs being next to useless. Like druid, paladin and shaman can do literally nothing but heal in raids for example. Not to mention several classes had pretty boring rotations. I think classic will flare-out rather quick.
    Edited: May 15, 2019

4. May 15, 2019  
    Warmane is WOTLK expansion not Vanilla, so i cant see why will it effect it. Also i am pretty sure the vast majority of players will quit Classic really fast, or they will play there only casually from time to time.

5. May 15, 2019  
    I've tried very, very hard to like Classic, but I just can't. I'll definitely give it a try as soon as they release battlegrounds, but paying 13 euros a month for a game I don't really like is not up my alley, so to say. Thus I'll stick around.

6. May 15, 2019  
    With the release date of Classic finally being announced, how will it affect Warmane?
    It's a interesting question because it's likely that Warmanes "secret project" is also a classic realm.
    There are indications for that:
    Proterean talked about Warmanes vision of a progressive vanilla realm in a thread back from january: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2972190
    In addition there was a reddit post by Dodgykebaab in which he talks about Warmanes plans of a progressive Vanilla realm.

At first I didn't understand the point of releasing a classic realm on Warmane when retail provides one as well.
    Why would anybody want to play classic on a private server when he can play the same xpac bug free on retail?
    But when looking closer at it, there is actually huge potential in doing that on Warmane.

Warmane devs can test game mechanics on retail and script everything exactly the same way on their classic realm.
    That way the realm can be much closer to the original game than any other private server before that.
    Retail classic gonna have x1 rates which means a very monotonous and time consuming grind.
    Many players will become quickly tired of that. A big opportunity for Warmane to attract these ppl to play on their classic realm with increased rates and no monthly fee.
    Warmane can even go further and provide a service that allows players from retail to recreate their character with the same level and gear on Warmane.
    Blizz would absolutely hate Warmane for that but what could they do about it?
    If Blizz had the power to shut Warmane down then they would have done it already.

7. May 15, 2019  
    It's a interesting question because it's likely that Warmanes "secret project" is also a classic realm.
    Proterean talked about Warmanes vision of a progressive vanilla realm in a thread back from january: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2972190
    In addition there was a reddit post by Dodgykebaab in which he talks about Warmanes plans of a progressive Vanilla realm.

At first I didn't understand the point of releasing a classic realm on Warmane when retail provides one as well.
    Why would anybody want to play classic on a private server when he can play the same xpac bug free on retail?
    But when looking closer at it, there is actually huge potential in doing that on Warmane.

Warmane devs can test game mechanics on retail and script everything exactly the same way on their classic realm.
    That way the realm can be much closer to the original game than any other private server before that.
    Retail classic gonna have x1 rates which means a very monotonous and time consuming grind.
    Many players will become quickly tired of that. A big opportunity for Warmane to attract these ppl to play on their classic realm with increased rates and no monthly fee.
    Warmane can even go further and provide a service that allows players from retail to recreate their character with the same level and gear on Warmane.
    If Blizz had the power to shut Warmane down then they would have done it already.
    I don't know if you've noticed this or not but any realm that becomes a big threat to blizzards potential money making gets the ban hammer. What you said is true but it also puts warmane in the spotlight. A server the devs and players have put years of blood sweat and tears into. It's quite a big decision to do something like that and quite a foolish one. Any realm with a big pop competing with blizzards servers is not in a good place. Before it seemed to be servers at the current expansion. Then when they lost a lot of players they started going after high pop realms.

8. May 15, 2019  
    I don't know if you've noticed this or not but any realm that becomes a big threat to blizzards potential money making gets the ban hammer. What you said is true but it also puts warmane in the spotlight.
    From what I know those pservers were shut down because they were located in countrys where it's possible for Blizz to take legal action against the owners.
    Considering the popularity of Warmane I'm certain that Blizz already threaten legal action against them but Warmane isn't triable.

9. May 16, 2019  

Yea I don't think its necessarily a good idea as there won't be much demand. As it is Vanilla has already been scripted well several times on servers with high population. They'd have to do something unique to stand out like say adding arena to Vanilla.
    Edited: May 16, 2019

10. May 16, 2019  
    People question it, but many forget that a lot of the players on private servers are not able to afford retail, or its just plain not available in their country. There are also, though not nearly as many for the aforementioned reasons, people who refuse to give Blizzard a penny due to their poor decisions in recent years.
    We've hosted WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP, all when they were still current content on retail. And at those times, the server was still very popular.

Even so, that doesn't really matter to us. What matters to us is whether we and our community can have fun. A similar concept is applied to Lordaeron. Even if there were only 15 players online at peak time, we would still continue to host the realm due to our vision for it.

11. May 16, 2019  
    I doubt there will be any long term, or major, changes. Some might try the vanilla servers, some might stay.

People come and go..

12. May 16, 2019  
    social is very imp in mmo, yet there is not even global chat, no wonder retail go down. woltk is almost best expension. 8.1.5 is a fail. lots ppl waiting for 8.2...still . I play both retail and here and I like warmane woltk more.

13. May 16, 2019  
    People question it, but many forget that a lot of the players on private servers are not able to afford retail
    There is also those who can afford retail, but don't really wanna do months endless grinding and prefer to play on server with cash shop. I am sure there is plenty of people who can afford to pay some $ for r14 weapons, but cant afford to actually grind r14 on retail.

14. May 16, 2019  
    There is also those who can afford retail, but don't really wanna do months endless grinding and prefer to play on server with cash shop. I am sure there is plenty of people who can afford to pay some $ for r14 weapons, but cant afford to actually grind r14 on retail.
    Plus, PVE gear is best for a lot of classes in WOTLK bgs, and a lot of bgers don't pve. So if you're some guy who bought Shadowmourne on Icecrown, I expect you won't just want to give it up completely even if Blizzard makes a WOTLK server.

15. May 16, 2019  
    Bllizard doesnt have mercenary mode, a huge chunk of people will go to blizzard when they release wotlk. As they have said they will

123 ... Last