1. May 15, 2019  

AOE Looting

Greetings Warmane & Community,

last year I played some retail WoW, and the only thing I really miss is the AOE Looting! I think it's very annoying to loot every single Mob in a pack, especially when there are unique items and you loot the same mob over and over again.
    I don't know if the WotLK client is compatible with such an addition, but I think it's worth trying to add it.

My suggestion should be pretty self explanatory but feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best at answering them :)

Best Regards.

2. May 15, 2019  
    It's technically possible but I don't see it happening.

3. May 15, 2019  
    I'd love this but they're trying to be somewhat Blizzlike for 3.3.5 I don't think it'll ever happen

4. May 22, 2019  
    I'd love this but they're trying to be somewhat Blizzlike for 3.3.5 I don't think it'll ever happen
    scrolls for transmog are not technically a blizzlike feature for 3.3.5 and warmane staff still implemented it because of the community constantly asking for it.

AoE loot would be a great addition imo, a great quality of life perk for the community

5. May 22, 2019  
    I'm into it. I can't see a reason why not, honestly. The only question is if it's possible, associated bugs, etc.

6. May 25, 2019  
    I think this will only add to the game (unless there's a loot more problems :P).

Blizz-like or not, if enough of the community vote in favor of a particular concept, I'm sure Warmane will adapt and adjust the game to the community where possible. So voice your opinion, your vote counts.

Please put AoE looting in!!

7. May 28, 2019  
    Sounds like a dandy idea. Can make it off-toggle-able with a script for people that don't want it / want to keep the original 3.3.5 experience.

8. May 30, 2019  
    Thank you for all the positive feedback to my suggestion! One can only hope that more people will find this thread and Warmane will eventually introduce this to their Servers :)

9. May 30, 2019  
    I totally agree I don't even bother looting most of the time because it's too much work.

10. May 30, 2019  
    There's an engineering item in cataclysm called "Loot-a-Rang" that does aoe looting, maybe it'd be easier replicating this item for wrath.

11. June 3, 2019  
    Such a good idea, never played cata so didn't even knew this exists.

12. June 4, 2019  
    With the increased drop rates that we have, it would kill the echonomy. AoE farming cloth and enchanting mats, boes etc. I dont see this happening.

13. June 6, 2019  
    With the increased drop rates that we have, it would kill the echonomy. AoE farming cloth and enchanting mats, boes etc. I dont see this happening.
    You literally make no sense. AoE looting does NOT generate extra items. All it does is implements a QoL feature that allows you to save time looting every mob individually. Everyone who is farming, still loots every single corpse.

If anything, these is a great addition to the Warmane server. Warmane is far far away from being Blizzlike anyway.

14. June 6, 2019  
    Thats the thing, making it easier. If its fast and easy, more and more ppl will do it. First it sounds minor, but when 100 then 200, 300 and so on start doing it as its so easy.. I used to Aoe farm ALOT. made good 750g - 1k /h . If they implement Aoe loot ill make good 3k /h as its fast and easy. It wont get dull as fast, faster trips (when jeeves on cd) etc. It will kill the echonomy.
    Edited: June 7, 2019 Reason: Edit more

15. June 7, 2019  
    Thats the thing, making it easier. If its fast and easy, more and more ppl will do it. First it sounds minor, but when 100 then 200, 300 and so on start doing it as its so easy.. I used to Aoe farm ALOT. made good 750g - 1k /h . If they implement Aoe loot ill make good 3k /h as its fast and easy. It wont get dull as fast, faster trips (when jeeves on cd) etc. It will kill the echonomy.
    Theres no way it will kill the economy from my pov.

As a warrior with enchanting and tailoring profs i do farm a lot on icecrown for both cloth and greens, i do autoloot everything, simple as that, because it's a pain in the *** to try to loot something that's beneath a bigger mob wich is holding one gray item, you must loot that gray item in order to be able to loot smaller dead corpses so that why i just loot everything and while im using tailoring to stack that cloth i do clear my bags by droping gray and useless items so AOE wont affect much on economy, it will you just save the pain of droping gray gear 1 by 1 while youre casting your stacking ability for cloth or just spamming your macro to disenchant greens. BTW /cast Disenchant /use [@mouseover] you need to hover with your mouse the item you want to disenchant.

There-s no benefit on this feature that will hurt economy at least from my perspective but there-s might be one or two abusable ways to use it on other profs that im not figuring out right now, if so, let me know.

12 Last