1. May 16, 2019  

Mercenary mode disaster and a sugesstion how to fix *wotlk*

So as we all know mercenary mode annihilated our pvp sce, Horde is gone, bg's are one sided and the wotlk servers are in ruins with crossrealm and mercenary mode. If this unfinished system stays wotlk srevers pvp will be 100%alliance. I dont know about others but im forced to go Classic just because of this.

I loved Warmane but this has crossed the line.

After reading the forums and everyones ideas and opinions one thing becomes apparent. Wotlk needs to change, here's the idea.
    I'm against changing wotlk but with Blizzards announcement to go TBC and Wotlk after classic, the only way for warmane to stay up and strong is to be better and have a better version of the game.

Since pve is pretty much fine, and pvp broken, as seen by the armoury rankings, Maby its time to fix Blizzards mistake and change the human racial.
    There is no denying it, once Blizzard moves to Wotlk Warmane is gone, the only people that will stay are BiS donated Humans doing arenas, thats it.
    If Human racial is changed Warmane will always be known as "the better one because there is no human racial". And yes a lot of people maining humas could complain, thats why this needs to be discussed with comunity, not polls, forum threads and tested so that every one is happy.
    *Lets say... Instead of it removing all cc make it remove stunns only and maby roots, like the opposite of undead* it would even fit the lore better

I love warmane, i love my characters (they are like 10yrs old) and i love Icecrown and its casualness.
    Unfortunetly the way the server looks now as a long time Horde player it seams its better to go to Blizzard for the long run.

Crossrealm bg's stepped on the line, mercenary mode crossed it.
    Edited: May 16, 2019

2. May 16, 2019  
    How do you enable mercenary mode?

3. May 16, 2019  
    Its always on, you dont have a choice

4. May 16, 2019  
    I've never had my faction changed, is it because I play alliance only?

5. May 16, 2019  
    I've never had my faction changed, is it because I play alliance only?
    Blackrock alliance players join battlegrounds as horde most of the time. If you are not playing on Blackrock, your faction won't change.

6. May 16, 2019  
    Blizzards announcement to go TBC and Wotlk after classic
    They announced that?
    Can you link your source pls?

7. May 16, 2019  

8. May 16, 2019  
    I have seen these interviews but it's not set in stone. There is just the possibility that they gonna do it.

I agree with you that something needs to be changed to make the human race less superior and I believe that buffing the PvP trinket is the best solution, but your argument that it needs to be done to make Warmane better than a potential retail wotlk realm is a bit far fetched.
    Even if retail decides to release wotlk it would take years until it goes live.
    Edited: May 16, 2019

9. May 17, 2019  
    Im just realy upset, and sad that warmane turned out like this (with crossrealm bgs, and a broken mercenary mode) it broke my heart since its no longer the server i joined. ):

10. May 17, 2019  

11. May 19, 2019  
    What if you don't change the human racial, but buff the undead racial to the same as human racial? That way both factions have a two trinket viable race, and the backlash from human players would be minimized.

12. May 19, 2019  
    What if you don't change the human racial, but buff the undead racial to the same as human racial? That way both factions have a two trinket viable race, and the backlash from human players would be minimized.
    What about paladins in this case? They can't be undeads.

All the possible options to make the human race more balanced have been discussed in and out already and that in numerous threads.
    The best and easiest solution is to buff the pvp trinket. Give it some extra resilience and a gem slot and the problem is solved.
    Thats my opinion.

13. May 19, 2019  
    What about paladins in this case? They can't be undeads.

All the possible options to make the human race more balanced have been discussed in and out already and that in numerous threads.
    The best and easiest solution is to buff the pvp trinket. Give it some extra resilience and a gem slot and the problem is solved.
    Thats my opinion.
    Shamans, druids and hunters would receive an undeserved buff like that. There is no way around the problem without getting non-blizzlike, so why not grab the issue by it's root and nerf the human racial?

14. May 19, 2019  
    Shamans, druids and hunters would receive an undeserved buff like that. There is no way around the problem without getting non-blizzlike, so why not grab the issue by it's root and nerf the human racial?
    Warmane said that they don't wanna change the racial.
    I believe thats mostly due to money reasons. Almost everyone purchases the double pve trinkets for coins so when EMFH doesn't replace the pvp trinket anymore then players will stop donating for that second pve trinket.

In case of the buffed PvP trinket the stats of it can be fine tuned in a way that double pve trinkets would be still slightly better.
    That way Humans would remain the best race but the gap between the human and the other racials would be smaller than now.
    But you are right that Shamans, druids and hunters would receive a buff. While I believe Enh shami and Boomkin deserve such a buff in pvp, it's a bit tricky when it comes to MM hunter and ele shami since they already perform very well.
    Maybe the best solution would be to just make that buffed pvp trinket class restricted. Technically speaking it shouldn't be an issue to implement that since class restricted items already exist in the game.
    Edited: May 19, 2019

15. May 20, 2019  
    OP is banned, Oh I wonder why lmao.

/closed..

12 Last