1. May 16, 2019  

Best anti-boxing multi-boxing team (WOTLK)

Hey everyone. I recently got back into Warmane, just as well as multiboxing.
    I just leveled 5 paladins to 55 on Lordaeron... but I think I want to try a bigger team.

Possibly a heavy AoE team to combat the Horde multiboxers on the server (just for fun, no hate).
    Any tips on a good number of toons and classes to choose? I thought maybe 12 mages/locks, and 3 resto druids, but I'm not sure.

My original plan was x4 DKs and 1 healer (probably dudu). But I think I'm ready to run a 15 and possibly get into PvP finally.
    Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Ceedbya from Lordaeron.

2. May 16, 2019  
    Imo the best multibox setup to counter other boxer are moonkins.
    The aoe burst of starfall is insane, especially against boxers because starfall deals splash dmg to stacked units.
    Typhoon can be used on round robin as a aoe interrupt against chain heal and other casting abilitys.
    It's definitely a hardcounter to shami boxers which is the most common setup.

The downside is that Moonkins can be easily outplayed by single players. Starfall can be interrupted with aoe CC and Moonkins have no protection against fear.

After all I consider Moonkins a funny team for starter. For advanced boxer it's a bit boring though.
    Edited: May 16, 2019

3. May 16, 2019  
    I wonder if there's any other good teams that aren't as vulnerable to single players.
    I did a 5 man cat group on on Outland BC server. I tried Boomkin for a while and it was poor in comparison.
    For feral, I basically stunned with my main cat, and the other 4 cats would kill most any player in 1 round of the "backstab" ability. Even without click to move, Feral was much stronger in BC (imo).

Also, how are people leveling their 15+ man groups here? 5 at a time? Not sure how you'd get 1 group to get credit for quests, then the 2nd group to get credit... Unless you just took turns?

4. May 16, 2019  
    I wonder if there's any other good teams that aren't as vulnerable to single players.
    I did a 5 man cat group on on Outland BC server. I tried Boomkin for a while and it was poor in comparison.
    For feral, I basically stunned with my main cat, and the other 4 cats would kill most any player in 1 round of the "backstab" ability. Even without click to move, Feral was much stronger in BC (imo).

Also, how are people leveling their 15+ man groups here? 5 at a time? Not sure how you'd get 1 group to get credit for quests, then the 2nd group to get credit... Unless you just took turns?

Bingo. (.dotdotdot)

5. May 16, 2019  
    Spriests with mindsear might also work well against other boxer.
    They have better fear protection than moonkins but they are also quite squishy.
    Multiboxing squishy classes is always tricky in pvp because as boxer we don't have the mobility to kite opponents. We eat the opponents dmg and have to sustain it. Clothies are bad in that. They tend to die in the burst before the heal kicks even in.
    That's why I'm also not a fan of mage boxing. Mages compensate their squishiness with mobility and control over the opponent and these are abilitys that we can't take advantage of as a boxer.

I'd test different setups on the Blackrock realm. Do some BGs with various setups and check whats viable.

Regarding leveling: I think the fastest way to level 15 chars up is by doing it with all chars at once but in three 5 man partys.
    Tack the quest mob with the party that is currently on that quest and then kill the mob with all 15 chars.
    You'll have to do each quest 3 times like that which can be annoying but it's still faster than leveling each 5 man party separately up.
    When you level each party separately then your travel distance will be 3 times further since you'll have to walk the way to the quests with each party. Killing quest mobs will also take longer since you have 3 times less dmg and you need 3 times more mana breaks
    Edited: May 16, 2019

6. May 17, 2019  
    Unfortunate that Shammys and Druids can't be humans... that racial would help.
    What if I brought 1 shaman per group for tremor totem?

Or could DKs do well? Don't they have good AoE? I 10 boxed DKs on Icecrown a long time ago... I think Frost with howling blast? Or maybe it was the panda server. It was pretty good then.

There's a boxer on Lord that sits in SW often, and I'm sure he's heavily geared already. I just want to give him at least a challenge :D
    I think he's all shamans or mostly shamans.

Edit: Does anyone know the name of that addon that basically filters out quests that aren't easy/quick kill quests? I heard it's a must for multiboxing but they didn't mention the name of it in the post.
    Edited: May 17, 2019

7. May 17, 2019  
    I think druid is the hardcounter for all multiboxing teams because of starfalls splash damage, pretty much multiplies the damage of each star by the amount of characters it hits because of splash.

Druids can have issues though. I won all (I think, or most) arenas against 5 druids when I played dk+4 palas. Also generally won against them in WG, even won a 5v10 druids + 3 random people (druid used all starfalls at once so was easy to counter and he didn't heal much, could have been way harder).
    I also know some can really struggle in 5v1 fights against warriors and other things like that.
    With numbers and properly played they get really deadly though.

Shaman I think is the best team vs regular players, also a hard counter against melee boxer (fire nova stack so good that a big shaman team can 1 or 2 shot an entire melee boxing team).

Melee teams I find the most fun to play, but they can't go up against big groups of caster multiboxers since they all have a way to instantly kill them.

Not sure how well the DKs would work against other multiboxers, I am unsure about their damage but if they could kill with <4 howling blasts each at range without letting the enemy heal, then it might work, otherwise they would probably die.
    Although even if it would work then a caster team could spread out to reduce aoe damage to almost nothing, but would reduce their own close range aoe.

I think a priest team would probably be similar strength as druids and shamans but with a lot more weaknesses. I think a priest team would probably lose in a battle between them.
    Other team could spread out to stop mindsear damage. I assume mindsear gets stuck in grounding totem.
    Druids would probably always win any fight they start in stealth against them. Or if they spread out. Probably also with Starfall+Tranquility.

8. May 17, 2019  
    Hey everyone. I recently got back into Warmane, just as well as multiboxing.
    I just leveled 5 paladins to 55 on Lordaeron... but I think I want to try a bigger team.

Possibly a heavy AoE team to combat the Horde multiboxers on the server (just for fun, no hate).
    Any tips on a good number of toons and classes to choose? I thought maybe 12 mages/locks, and 3 resto druids, but I'm not sure.

My original plan was x4 DKs and 1 healer (probably dudu). But I think I'm ready to run a 15 and possibly get into PvP finally.
    Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Ceedbya from Lordaeron.

Hello there! I am multiboxing on Lordaeron server Alliance side, 10 Moonkins druids, all level 80's. If you want to give it a try, you can actually have 15 druids boomkins or 10 dks, 3 rdruids and 2 resto shamans, if you want to multibox 15. :P I think it's the best way, but actually you will get killed, if you know how to play, you won't. But i love my characters, 10 druids is insane, soon and 100% sure i will have 20 or 25. If you want, join Alliance side, f**k Horde side, they suck in PvP. :D

You can check my characters on Armory. Have fun! :D

Regards, Apocalypsaa The Multiboxer on Lordaeron.

9. May 17, 2019  
    On lordaeron where you don't have access to BIS gear, druid is your best option. Especially when starting fresh, all the rest relies too much on gear tbh
    - SP can be really strong with a warlock main (with correct talents its the best mbx tank class there is) but relies too much on gear, you'll also oom very fast in heavy combat situations on the sp's and your mind sear won't do much until you reach alot of haste.
    - DK's are managable and quite fun but won't compete vs druids imo on a slow server like lordaeron, they become really strong on the D&D + Howling blast combo at a point but it needs alot of attackpower and you need to manage yourself at range with good healing mechanics.
    - Shaman could be fun, but it won't come close to druids when having to start fresh and already facing geared boxers.

On the bottom line when not having access to bis items and with a desire to do alot of boxerbrawls, personally I would pretty much always roll druids.

It all changes when you can add BIS items like sindragosa's flawless fang and glowing twilight scales to your teams, alot of setups are playable and strong when adding these items. Especially in 1v1 fights vs other boxers.

10. May 17, 2019  
    So should I go all 15 druid? Or should I mix in any shamans?
    I know all druids = more star fall. But a couple of shamans = totem stats and tremor totem.

11. May 17, 2019  
    Just 15 druids, sometimes maybe even changing 5 of them to resto could help against randoms, shamans will make it so you can't sneak around in prowl

12. May 20, 2019  
    Just 15 druids, sometimes maybe even changing 5 of them to resto could help against randoms, shamans will make it so you can't sneak around in prowl
    Thanks by the way!

So, I set up my 15 druid team... and it's rough :D Big damage, but it's HELLA slow on Lord server.
    I also tried a 15 warlock team (just to see how x15 dots would be), and it's good... but respawns are horrible.
    I mean respawns are so bad, it still seems like leveling your team one 5-man at a time - would be faster.

I can run through, clear an entire cave of spiders... Group-1 might be done with their quests... but now the cave is empty b/c I cleared it in less than a minute, lol.

How do you guys do this with 2+ groups? Just afk or watch a youtube video until respawn?

I'm debating on dealing with Icecrown's queue or just donating across 15 accounts. <--- This is why they allow multiboxing, haha.
    Edited: May 20, 2019

13. May 21, 2019  
    Basically, collection quests are always a nightmare with 5+. I grind other mobs in between the ones I need, when possible. Otherwise just skip the quest in favor of "kill count" or "whole party loot item" quests. This goes double if it's a collection quest that doesn't involve killing mobs at all.

14. May 22, 2019  
    Basically, collection quests are always a nightmare with 5+. I grind other mobs in between the ones I need, when possible. Otherwise just skip the quest in favor of "kill count" or "whole party loot item" quests. This goes double if it's a collection quest that doesn't involve killing mobs at all.
    Well, I started a team up on Icecrown, and OMG it's so much nicer than Lord. I already had teams on Icecrown, but I haven't played them in years I bet.
    So going from Lord to Icecrown felt really nice.

15. May 23, 2019  
    Unfortunate that Shammys and Druids can't be humans... that racial would help.
    What if I brought 1 shaman per group for tremor totem?

Or could DKs do well? Don't they have good AoE? I 10 boxed DKs on Icecrown a long time ago... I think Frost with howling blast? Or maybe it was the panda server. It was pretty good then.

There's a boxer on Lord that sits in SW often, and I'm sure he's heavily geared already. I just want to give him at least a challenge :D
    I think he's all shamans or mostly shamans.

Edit: Does anyone know the name of that addon that basically filters out quests that aren't easy/quick kill quests? I heard it's a must for multiboxing but they didn't mention the name of it in the post.
    U think wrong, i have only 2 shamans:)
    My main is Prot pally followed by 1 arms warr, 1 enh shammy, 1 resto shammy, 4 resto druids and 7 blood dk-s. Its huge challenge to setup so many different classes and all mele and set it up good, i love my team and u will need alot of work to be able to spank me. GL and feel free to ask if u need any help with multiboxing stuff. Im not active as before i just log in sometimes to make a mess. Busy preparing for Classic boxing.

12 Last