1. May 17, 2019  

Name Change Requests for Inactive Accounts

Now this can be a very debatable topic but just in case it hasn't been suggested already, I'd like to start it. So for years now, Blizzard has openly accepted name change requests on accounts that are no longer active. I apologize If that was an unclear description, but let me give a short example for anyone who didn't get what I said.

EX: So let's say I have 10 coins and I wish to change my name to whatever I choose, but it's taken and it is on an inactive account. So you could simply open a ticket about it and request an administrator to check the account for any activity and judge whether they can ping the character on the account for a name change and you can simply spend the 10 coins to now use that name.

Don't worry, I did evaluate the problems with this and I completely understand if this might sound irrational to some of you. One of the only reason's this works on Retail is because to date, there are a total of 263 realms that can't really compare to Warmane's 2 on WOTLK.

2. May 17, 2019  
    It has been suggested before. We already do occasional inactivity clean ups, removing names of inactive accounts, by our metric of what makes them inactive enough to warrant that.