1. May 20, 2019  

Desired Hit% for Arena

Hey, Icecrown. I feel I have my gear pretty well optimized to the best of my gs, with a few PVE pieces to move my Res and Dps around. Not quite BiS yet, but very close. I've spent the majority of my endgame placing high priority on getting the hit cap of 5% with both my different gear setups, but I'm just now noticing that none of the top ranking 2v2 ladder Hunters have their Hit capped. In fact, not even close. The two highest of them are sitting at 2.60%, and third highest is at 4.40%.
    This to me seems crazy, as I remember when my hit was at that level, I would miss shots and traps literally all the time. Could I get some expertise from a seasoned pvp hunter on this topic, please and thanks? If I can drop the hit, I would love to replace it with more dps, but every Arena guide for WotlK I read cautions that 5% Hit is a must.
    FWIW my Focused Aim talent is currently 2/3. :)

2. May 24, 2019  
    When inspecting someone on the website, the hit they have from additional talents doesn't show. If I'm remembering correct, 2.59 is what you get from bis items, then 3% from talents.

3. May 25, 2019  
    When inspecting someone on the website, the hit they have from additional talents doesn't show. If I'm remembering correct, 2.59 is what you get from bis items, then 3% from talents.
    People normally don't take the hit talent for PvP.

4. May 25, 2019  
    People normally don't take the hit talent for PvP.
    Yeah they do, what are you smoking? Those that don't are nowhere near good then.

5. May 26, 2019  
    Indeed. At higher gear levels *not* taking that "free" 3% hit is sub-optimal. You need to dump points to get out of 4th row and it's simply the best option because it allows you to itemize towards damage more freely. Hell many of them purposely forego the Ashen ring for a ring entirely without hit (frostbrood) just for the alternative passive stat increase. Feel free to check any hunter with competent rating and they'll likely be 2/3 or 3/3, probably with the exception of yolo running pve gear for BGs with excess hit in which you might see less.
    Edited: May 26, 2019

6. June 3, 2019  
    I can't believe I didn't notice that the talent doesn't display in hit% stats. This should have been obvious, but still a little annoyed that I've been pvping with 7% hit rating for quite some time now. :p
    But yeah, I know that it's an integral talent in order to tier properly through the talent tree. I would much rather have my hit% squared away some I can focus on better passive stats.
    Thanks, buds. I hope this helps some other dingus.