1. May 21, 2019  

Very dissapointing news (Banned for killing a NPC)

Dear Warmane,

Today 21-5-2019 I have been banned by Warmane Game masters, I was PvPing near the fly master npc, and while I was doing that I have killed the NPC Dungar Longdrink multiple times.

I have been removed from the game for 2 days, the reason *disrupting game play*
    As far as I know this is not disrupting game play, this is a PvP server and I am allowed to PvP in Stormwind.
    It was not my intention to hurt people with this, I am a member since 2010 and I do not want to harm the server in any way.

I made this topic to let people know that its bannable to do this, I often see other Horde players in the Trade District nearby the Fly master and I do not want them to be banned as well, I do think I don’t deserve to be banned as it is not stated in the Code of conduct.

https://imgur.com/a/1dcfrGE <----- Warmane code of conduct / Forum Veteran

Kind regards,
    Frank

2. May 21, 2019  
    One good intention at a time.

I think server should go full PvP with no option to disable it in owned zones. So people get ganked few times and realize it up to them to do something. That making big and loud drama, illusion that something is really disrupted is an absurd. Even if dude camps npc 24/7 whole year, banning for that is a bad move. I'm in awe how staff breaks fourth wall and interrupts natural flow, no matter how good intentions they have.

3. May 21, 2019  
    Ban reports can take a while to process, you might of been banned for something you did a few days ago and a GM only now got round to reading the report

4. May 22, 2019  
    This is a very serious matter, please can some staff member clarify the situation?

Killing npcs has never been bannable, everyone camp flight masters and npcs everywhere, multiboxers camp action houses for hours. As comlogo said probably you get banned over something else.

5. May 22, 2019  
    Assisting yourself with a character from the other faction might have had something to do with your ban.

6. May 22, 2019  
    No, killing it once or twice isn't bannable, but killing the same npc for days is bannable and is a disruption.

Open a ban appeal and wait it out, posting on the forums doesn't do anything.

7. May 22, 2019  
    It does not say in the code of conduct that assisting yourself with a character from the other faction is bannable, so what if my friend from other faction cyclone's me or whatever.

8. May 22, 2019  
    That is not stated in the code of conduct.

9. May 22, 2019  
    It seems that, according to the gamemasters, when your "other friend from the other faction" turns out to be yourself using an AutoHotkey script, it is indeed bannable.

Personally, I think that disabling the flight master of Stormwind for hours each day during months is not the healthiest way of spending one's time, but it shouldn't be bannable. On the other hand, I find botting to be over the line.

10. May 22, 2019  
    It was my brother playing on another computer there was no such thing as AutoHotkey script, i was not disabling the flight master for hours it was around 30 minutes total.
    i do agree with you that botting is over the line but no such thing has been used.

11. May 23, 2019  

Open a ban appeal and wait it out, posting on the forums doesn't do anything.

Well, it does show that the game masters are not professional in their moderation and that you can be banned for something not specified in the code of conduct, so it is an useful thread in my opinion.

12. May 23, 2019  
    That is not stated in the code of conduct.
    Well, it does show that the game masters are not professional in their moderation and that you can be banned for something not specified in the code of conduct, so it is an useful thread in my opinion.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

"This page does not cover all the rules. If the GM's find an unfitting behavior, they will punish the player accordingly."

The rules you are assumed to have accepted when you start playing here include that line. Before questioning GM's professionalism, make sure you are fully aware of the rules of the place you wish to be part (and remain being part) of.