1. May 21, 2019  

Dual Spec Question

I'm sure this has been discussed before but what is the thinking behind the outrageous cost for dual spec? I mean I understand wanting to keep this server tough by not allowing x2 or more xp and rewards and even boosting the dual spec to 40 from 30. But if the goal is to leave it as close to live as possible why the 100x cost of dual speccing?

I mean, it's main purpose when it was added was to entice people to play more tanks and healers in the lower levels since dual speccing would allow them to keep their dps specs for questing and leveling but allow them the tank/heal spec for running dungeons so dungeons weren't so barren in the lower levels. Which is what we see on this server, both due to population and low tank/healer distribution. So I was just curious to see why the decision was made to basically make it impossible for new players to get dual spec until they've leveled a toon up to max.

2. May 21, 2019  
    Well, i guess because is wotlk.
    I could care less for the cost, but i will give some reasons that justifies this.

Some classes are better through leveling with single spec (feral druids for example) and you don't need deep healer spec until bc, some classes would "lose" perks given the conditions of leveling.
    Supose in vanilla 40 mount cost 10g, the perk for paladin and lock would be useless.

In the other hand, if give you a meaning for make gold in lower levels.
    Making gold in this case isn't questing of course, but if you level professions could be done because the server has max characters already.
    Outside of this type of cost-reward there's zero incentive to level up professions before 80.

in summary, the major reason is the expansion.

I would like to see some rewards for healers and tanks roles in rdf, no idea how is retail now, but in wod you got extra gold and gear for queue as tank or healer. If the problem is the participation, i prefer this type of incentives over dumbing the enviroment.

3. May 22, 2019  
    I'm sure this has been discussed before but what is the thinking behind the outrageous cost for dual spec? I mean I understand wanting to keep this server tough by not allowing x2 or more xp and rewards and even boosting the dual spec to 40 from 30. But if the goal is to leave it as close to live as possible why the 100x cost of dual speccing?

I mean, it's main purpose when it was added was to entice people to play more tanks and healers in the lower levels since dual speccing would allow them to keep their dps specs for questing and leveling but allow them the tank/heal spec for running dungeons so dungeons weren't so barren in the lower levels. Which is what we see on this server, both due to population and low tank/healer distribution. So I was just curious to see why the decision was made to basically make it impossible for new players to get dual spec until they've leveled a toon up to max.
    I'm pretty sure that was the level requirement and cost that used to be in WotLK on retail. It got lowered to 10g and level 30 at Cataclysm.

From WoWwiki:

4. May 22, 2019  
    Level with two gathering professions and sell stuff on the AH. It isn't difficult to get 1000 gold by level 40. At low levels, anyone can heal or tank as off-spec.

5. May 24, 2019  
    I'm pretty sure that was the level requirement and cost that used to be in WotLK on retail. It got lowered to 10g and level 30 at Cataclysm.

From WoWwiki:
    Thanks for this Naveh, this makes perfect sense to me now. I didn't realize they changed it in Cata. I understand why they did it as my post details but knowing this was what it was in live makes more sense why it would be the case on this server.