1. May 23, 2019  

Item Reservers

So more and more on the Icecrown server people are basically saying, "All priest items reserved or x,y,z items reserved." People and guilds who reserve items is essentially a way to openly ninja an item. Item's being reserved is cancerous to the server as more and more people think its okay to do this than let lady luck determine if they get an item.

I have never nor has my guild ever done reserved items. It is always MS Roll / OS with master looter. And even though lets say one of our Fury warriors really wants that godlike arp trinkets and it drops it's still rolled. Unless it's a full guild run then we have DKP.

Reserving items should be viewed as being a ninjas essentially. If you want reserved items you should run with a 100% guild run and have enough guild currency ie DKP or what ever loot system the guild uses.

So the suggestion is to put reserving items under the Ninja policy in our rules.

2. May 23, 2019  
    So the suggestion is to put reserving items under the Ninja policy in our rules.
    Won't happen. Ninja and reserve are two entirely different things.

You don't need to join raids that reserves items, you can make your own runs. While at it, don't reserve anything yourself. You do all the work of organizing and recruiting up to 24 players, and have a slacker / really bad player who'll get that choker drop.

Ninja
    Verb: to take something that rightfully belongs to someone else, mostly in MMORPGs, such as wow; to steal.
    Noun: a player who practices ninja-ing against other players.
    1.) "That jerk ninja'd the Assassination Blade, even though I won the roll!"
    2.) "Don't group with that guy, he's a ninja looter!"

How is it "ninja," when you tell before hand, what items are reserved?

3. May 24, 2019  
    My point also that reserving items ruins community, but it's not gm's problem, i think we should ignore raids with items reserved ourself (i mean not boe/primos, i don't care about ez farmable items, leader also should have something for his time wasted on forming group, but trinqets or items reserved is "no no no, ignore this guy")

4. May 24, 2019  
    Consensus on the conditions of the raid is already established before you join the raid. The raid is broadcast on local channels, and conditions are stated. If you join a raid, voluntarily, knowing certain items are reserved, then you cannot blame anybody else. I think it would be a problem if Raid Leader states that certain items are reserved for the first time after you have cleared some trash mobs - I can understand that as being a problem, because you have already invested time in the raid, waiting for spots to fill, and contributing to the raid's progression. (Albeit trash mobs)

I think, in order to combat the aforementioned case, written consensus must be obtained before the raid commences, on whether or not the raid consents on the reservation of items. It can be obtained really easily, Raid leader issues a Ready Check, and a Raid warning: "This raid reserves Item(s) X, vote Yes if you understand and accept the conditions, and No if you oppose it."

A Screen shot including timestamps of the Issue of consensus, as described above, and a screen shot of the results afterwards would be procured, and is the responsibility of the Raid Leader.

This suggestion assumes that "Raid item reservation" is going to be classified as an offence. It's your voluntary decision to join whatever raid you want, but if we are going to regulate the reservation of items, then guidelines need to be established, and it will have to be enforced by the community. I know many people who join raids, knowing an item(s) is reserved, but they simply do not care, because they aren't interested in the reserved item(s).

Let me know where you stand on this matter.