1. Reyzen's post above contradicts your claim. If crossrealm was such a big boost to Lordaeron population (which it wasn't) then surely there would be more Lordaeron players playing battlegrounds? Also it makes little sense to create a char here if you're a PvP fanatic, like so many posters already explained in this (and other) threads.

The population did not shoot up after crossrealm here. It was much later that it boomed. I took a 3 months break, before that I recall sunday prime-time pop being 6k. When I was back the pop could easily reach 6k on weekdays. So something happened, but it was a lot later than the crossrealm implementation.
    It doesn't contradict my claim, actually it's similar what we both said. If you read carefully, I said it is "one of the factor" and he said "it is not only the reason, but it's also a reason". Yeah exactly like you said it took cross-realm implementation sometime to reach people, so this also contributes to the fact that after the cross-realm was implemented there was an increase in population gradually over a period of time.

And you yourself said something happened and you didn't know what it was to see population increase, it was the cross-realm because I know cross-realm happened and I know it's cross-realm that led to the increase in population.
    Edited: September 30, 2019

2. Reyzen's post above contradicts your claim. If crossrealm was such a big boost to Lordaeron population (which it wasn't) then surely there would be more Lordaeron players playing battlegrounds? Also it makes little sense to create a char here if you're a PvP fanatic, like so many posters already explained in this (and other) threads.

The population did not shoot up after crossrealm here. It was much later that it boomed. I took a 3 months break, before that I recall sunday prime-time pop being 6k. When I was back the pop could easily reach 6k on weekdays. So something happened, but it was a lot later than the crossrealm implementation.
    In my opinion, cross-realm brought many new players to the server. The thing is, PvP on Lordaeron was in horrendous state before the cross-realm implemention and I think it's probably going to take more time for players (old and new) to get better gear/skill PVP wise, it is a 1x server in the end so it's bound to require more time.

It still stands, since the cross-realm, there has been a surge of new players, which still continues to this day. There is no incentive to change anything, when it worked up to this point.

3. It doesn't contradict my claim, actually it's similar what we both said. If you read carefully, I said it is "one of the factor" and he said "it is not only the reason, but it's also a reason". Yeah exactly like you said it took cross-realm implementation sometime to reach people, so this also contributes to the fact that after the cross-realm was implemented there was an increase in population gradually over a period of time.

And you yourself said something happened and you didn't know what it was to see population increase, it was the cross-realm because I know cross-realm happened and I know it's cross-realm that led to the increase in population.
    Uhm.. M'kay. Give us three reasons why a PvP-focused player would start playing on Lordaeron over either Blackrock or Icecrown. Your whole argument makes zero sense.
    If I was PvP-focused I'd never start playing on Lordaeron knowing about the existance of crossrealm. Would you?

Cool, got any source for your claim? Did you or Warmane make a survey asking 1000 new players on Lordaeron why they started playing here?

I took a 3 month break several months after crossrealm implementation. Back then population was still max 6k on sunday prime time. When I was back the population was suddenly a lot larger. I guess it took them 5 months to "reach people" according to you?

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time arguing with you on this, no matter how I turn around your argument it makes zero sense. Feel free to keep arguing with Adrinqt, I'm done here.

4. Uhm.. M'kay. Give us three reasons why a PvP-focused player would start playing on Lordaeron over either Blackrock or Icecrown. Your whole argument makes zero sense.
    If I was PvP-focused I'd never start playing on Lordaeron knowing about the existance of crossrealm. Would you?

Cool, got any source for your claim? Did you or Warmane make a survey asking 1000 new players on Lordaeron why they started playing here?

I took a 3 month break several months after crossrealm implementation. Back then population was still max 6k on sunday prime time. When I was back the population was suddenly a lot larger. I guess it took them 5 months to "reach people" according to you?

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time arguing with you on this, no matter how I turn around your argument it makes zero sense. Feel free to keep arguing with Adrinqt, I'm done here.
    I will make those 3 reasons into one to enlighten you, it is because for the same reason PvE-focused players prefer 1x Lordaeron buffed raid content over Icecrown. Yes, if I were to be a Lordaeron player, I'd start to love playing cross-realm as well because I will consider cross-realm as gear buffed opponents as I play buffed raid content in PvE. Also, warmane's bg queue gs bracket system works most of the time when enough people are in queue of the same bracket especially during peak hours.

Neither me nor warmane has to do any survey as long as the population keeps increasing day by day and players have started playing/joining here for any "n" number of reasons.

I don't know why you consider this as an argument, I thought you were sharing your point of view and thoughts and I was sharing mine. I never knew you considered this as an argument. Anyway, I don't consider this as an argument, I just think this is sharing each other's point of view, thoughts, and opinion. Some people might be so narrow minded to consider everything as an argument.
    Edited: September 30, 2019

5. Someone who prefers 1x rates would start here, doesn't matter if PvP or PvE focused. That is the nr.1 reason someone plays Lord over IC. Another reason, but much more minor than the first mentioned is that there are no queues on Lordaeron. If someone doesn't want to pay the required amount of 10€ and doesn't want to spend 30+mins in que, there is no other option but to play on Lordaeron (apart from instant Blackrock ofcourse, but that is not as appealing). You don't really need anymore reasons, as these 2 are sufficient enough.

Also, it should be obvious that the numbers themselves attract more players. The more population you have, more likely a new player is gonna come to try the server out.

6. Feel free to keep arguing with Adrinqt, I'm done here.
    Lol, I'm as done as you are. Despite trying their hardest they still couldn't address my points. Guess there are some things money can't buy.

As Icecrown player I love having Lordaeron players in cross-realm bg and arena. I don't know why you want to sabotage such a beautiful experience where players are absolutely enjoying playing with or against other players from different realms.
    Even if there's one player from Lordaeron doing cross-realm is enough to represent the Lordaeron's population as sample becuase he/she is enjoying what they are playing.
    I'd start to love playing cross-realm as well because I will consider cross-realm as gear buffed opponents as I play buffed raid content in PvE.
    Unfortunately, there is no arguing with someone who is this delusional.

Have a wonderful day.

7. Hello,

just wanted to try to see and ask the community of Lordaeron their current thoughts on the cross-realm BG-s and arenas. Do you believe this has improved the PVP state of Lordaeron or it had a negative impact on it?
    Personally I think pvp before merge was rather weak and was not the most active, you would wait for queues to pop some time and enjoy the good old pvp, but with the cross-realm, yes you get pops but are you enjoying it at the current state or no ?
    Let me know what you think :)
    Why worth to play pvp when some blonde ret pally with shm take my half hp an simple judgement, i know have to chance to get shm at lordaeron too, but more rare to get cause need to have a good guild what farm icc25hc in everyweek, but on ic you can just buy, this ain't fair, have no the good old pvp feeling

8. I think PVP 10-79 should be cross realm, and not cross realm for level 80. Anyway at 12000 population, the queue time shouldn't be too bad. It would also bring some balance on the server close to 50-50 ration alliance horde. (I prefer horde but was always alliance because of instant queue in bg)

First 123