1. May 27, 2019  

[Hotkeynet] Easy buffing for your team with SmartBuff

Introduction:

If you've run a multibox team, especially a mixed class team, you know how much work it can be to keep your buffs active - Flametongue Weapon, Fortitude, Water Shield, Seal of Justice, etc. Even with hotkeys for each buff, it's a big hassle. Well, there's a better way - the addon SmartBuff (https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/smart-buff) will handle everything with a single hotkey. Here's how to do it with Hotkeynet:

Step 1: Download SmartBuff for game version 3.3.5:

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...f/files/445978

Install to your addons folder.

Step 2: Configure SmartBuff addon

Launch your WoW instances and make sure SmartBuff addon is enabled. Run the slash command "/sbm" to bring up the SmartBuff menu.

This menu has just one config screen. Near the bottom, you can check off the two 'show button' options to hide the main UI and the minimap button - you won't be needing them.

Near the top right of the SmartBuff menu, you can select the buffs to be auto-cast for self. On the left side, check "Check Party Buffs". When selecting Self buffs, make sure you are choosing your party's classes on the right side for the buffs you want them to have. Note that the addon seems to be a little buggy and may not buff the rest of your party unless this is done. I couldn't get the Party buffs to work the way I expected, but choosing the Self buffs seems to do the trick for buffing everyone.

Do this for each character in your team.

Step 3: Configure WoW macros

In the WoW macro interface (or /sdm if using SuperDuperMacro, which is highly recommended) create a new macro, call it "Buff" or something. This macro contains one line:

/click SmartBuff_KeyButton

Drop this macro onto an actionbar and set a keybinding for its button (in this example I use "]", the right bracket key).

Do this for each character, preferably as a global macro so you can use it on other teams on the account.

Step 4: Configure Hotkeynet

Edit your Hotkeynet config file, adding a stanza to send the hotkey to all your clients, like this - here, Oem6 is the "]" key in Hotkeynet syntax:

<Hotkey Oem6>
    <SendLabel w1, w2, w3, w4, w5>
    <Key Oem6>

Reload your Hotkeynet config file after making this change.

Step 5: Test it out!

If everything's working, you should now be able to spam the "]" key a few times and watch your team fully buff up. Enjoy the trouble-free buffing!
    Edited: June 1, 2019

2. May 28, 2019  
    I've been using Smartbuff for a little while now and I agree with OP. Thank you for your contribution!