1. May 29, 2019  

Frostwolf: A Suggestion

Frostwolf is in a bad spot right now, there's little question about it. I have a suggestion that I would love to hear from the community and (hopefully) staff on.

How would you guys feel on a restart of the realm? Here's what I think would make an acceptable restart:

1) Wipe all characters players have right now, however, since Mounts and Achievement are tied to accounts, leave those as is.

2) Wipe Realm First achievements, and PvP achievements (arena, Rated BG, etc.)

3) Give all accounts with the level 90 achievement 2 level 85 characters, and everyone has to level up and gear up together again.

I think a fresh start for this realm would bring some life back to it. For this plan to work though, it would REALLY help to fix all the Pandaria quests, dungeons, and raids. Sadly seems like Warmane has little intention of doing that, but its a thought.

TL;DR Wipe all the characters but leave mounts and MOST achievements. Wipe all realm firsts and challenge modes, etc. Give players some level 85 characters to start with again.

Might destroy the realm, but its pretty dead as is, so might get some new traffic from old (and maybe even new) players. We're mostly attached to our mounts and achievements (and transmog gear, but I don't know if that can be saved), so at least we will keep those.

2. May 29, 2019  
    +1 since we don't have a Cata realm anymore, it could be a really good OPTION, to open a MOP realm with lvl80 instant, make only CATA AND MOP Quests, zones, dungeons and raids relevant, we could have it progressive also. Who wants to play under Cata content (lvl80 and under) can freely join to our Wotlk realms for the experience. Soon (Warmane) has to make an ADVERTISEMENT video otherwise TBC will be dead in half - 1 year just like Cata and MOP realm.

After the merge from Neltharion we DIDN'T HAVE anything from our Cata gears, WE COULDN'T simply just freeze our characters at LVL85 to have Cataclysm experience with our current gear what we progressed, we got instant 90, without an active PVE or PVP Community, our starter gear was garbage quality compared to our BiS chars. We left our CATA chracterd here at max lvl 90 with 408ilvl green gear (which one is worst than the gear what we had before). Lot of US didn't even used the transfer option to Frostwolf because it was a horrible deal for the players.

Btw I didn't see a SINGLE POST about Exploiting NELTHARIONS lvling at the End, when noname players leveled up there, just to skip 5 level on Frostwolf or make a faster LVLing for WOTLK experience and transfer their characters... I think Warmane could look out for this and make the steps when it was neccesary.

I hope the History wont repeat itself.

I think we could talk about what could have been better for a starter gear or something as a Community, because otherwise the communication is NOT POSSIBLE by Warmane at all.

#MakeWarmaneGreatAgain
    #MWGA

3. May 29, 2019  
    Wiping is never a good idea I've seen it happen a few times in different projects and it always ends up the same. Once you wipe when you have issues like Frostwolf currently has it sends the message that wiping will be a solution to any problems and it wouldn't be worth the effort to start on the server. It would also require work the fix the current content that isn't being done and if they gonna put in any work in a wipe won't be necessary anymore. Warmane is in a lucky spot in the private server community that if they did fix mop to the level of LK population would come but that's a big if. I've though about a wipe also since it was brought up many times during catas downfall but my experience always came to the same conclusion. The only thing that can ever make mop great again is staff deciding to put a minimum of 6 months to 100% of development towards to mop not a wipe.

4. May 29, 2019  
    Wiping is never a good idea I've seen it happen a few times in different projects and it always ends up the same. Once you wipe when you have issues like Frostwolf currently has it sends the message that wiping will be a solution to any problems and it wouldn't be worth the effort to start on the server. It would also require work the fix the current content that isn't being done and if they gonna put in any work in a wipe won't be necessary anymore. Warmane is in a lucky spot in the private server community that if they did fix mop to the level of LK population would come but that's a big if. I've though about a wipe also since it was brought up many times during catas downfall but my experience always came to the same conclusion. The only thing that can ever make mop great again is staff deciding to put a minimum of 6 months to 100% of development towards to mop not a wipe.
    I think you don't get it, veterans like Evil Gummy Bears and other guilds are GONE.

X amount of players from this guilds still playing together at another private server / Warmanes Wotlk realm or Retail - BFA or another game.

Y amount of people QUIT WoW at all.

They lost the connection with Z amount of peoples during the years, they eiter quit for a good reason like for study or because they wanted to play another game or Quit gaming at all.

After all those years of disappointment of the same bugs for long time, they have done all the content with their guilds as they could, doesn't matter, if they used Exploits or Bugs to improve there gameplay, they are done with progressions.

After all bugs and exploits would be fixed, what You think they would come back, to learn the correct Fight mechanics again?

Peoples don't care about the DEVELOPERS WORK, they want everything to be DONE in a SHORT period of TIME.

Developers needs an Active CREW / Guilds effort AKA the Communitys together whos gonna test out everything what they tuned in a Boss Fight, they should have make Bug Reports at Warmanes PTR realm, to HELP out their Work.

Warmane should have Community Leaders from each Realm what they host, these peoples could Raid together with Guilds to see why X and Y should be fixed and tuned again. Instead of reporting everything separated by Boss fights, they could write a Note about what is:

High Priority: Boss parries a lot, boss oneshot the tank who has 900k hp, 75k armor at X amount of Item LvL. Important fight mechanics like Adds are not attackable/targetable, they make more or less dmg/ energy bars going crazy wipes the raid. Incorrect amount of HP on the boss for an example at 10 Man Heroic the bosses have the same HP and DMG like on 25 Man Normal + an Extra ability.
    Special Extra Button doesn't work or it's delayed by 2sec or something.

Medium Priority: 5-10 extra energy regenerating/ second of the Boss, Debuff don't reset at the correct time makes bigger dmg (if it's about killing you, then it should be High Priority)

Low Priority: 1 extra (Not important) add, Visual bug on the ground what doesn't disturb your gameplay. (if it's about to make you get really LOW FPS, makes the Realm gets lagged, crashed it would be High Priority!)

You know it's easier to REPLACE A GUILD, when you have a 12000 player populated realm like Icecrown where they have average 2000 player in the QUE.

I think our Community could work very well with Warmane, if WE could get a chance.

We could make Frostwolf and Warmane great TOGETHER, if Warmane would like to Work together with their Community.

We could bring Active players here, Streamers, we could host PVP Tournaments maybe not for Big amount of money, if that would be the key to the succes, we could make it for a RARE Mount or for a Small amount of Coins or anything else what is tradeable Ingame or at the Website, just like in a local Lan parties.

#MakeWarmaneGreatAgain
    #MWGA
    Edited: May 29, 2019

5. May 29, 2019  
    Everything that helps bring new attention to mop is valid in my opinion, I don't care about my chars. I was a pve player that was forced to pvp to gear up, and when I got my 4th char fully pvp geared I quit 'cause thats not what I wanted to do anymore, bg and arena forever because there was no other option available.

Just in case a wipe happened, the incoming early game revamp would make for a great experience for leveling parties, but the problem would always lie on the late game. Dungeons and raids need to be up and running ok on ALL difficulties to host both casual and hardcore gamers just trying to gear up and have some fun, wiping to unhealable unexpected damage on a low difficulty setting isn't very amusing. If that isn't an option then pvp will be the only thing that help people gear faster and the realm would become very much what it is today, bg arena bg then join a raid group wipe and fail, then arena bg arena, then gear imbalance with people just recent 90, and death bed again.

6. May 29, 2019  
    I think you don't get it, veterans like Evil Gummy Bears and other guilds are GONE.

X amount of players from this guilds still playing together at another private server / Warmanes Wotlk realm or Retail - BFA or another game.

Y amount of people QUIT WoW at all.

They lost the connection with Z amount of peoples during the years, they eiter quit for a good reason like for study or because they wanted to play another game or Quit gaming at all.

After all those years of disappointment of the same bugs for long time, they have done all the content with their guilds as they could, doesn't matter, if they used Exploits or Bugs to improve there gameplay, they are done with progressions.

After all bugs and exploits would be fixed, what You think they would come back, to learn the correct Fight mechanics again?

Peoples don't care about the DEVELOPERS WORK, they want everything to be DONE in a SHORT period of TIME.

Developers needs an Active CREW / Guilds effort AKA the Communitys together whos gonna test out everything what they tuned in a Boss Fight, they should have make Bug Reports at Warmanes PTR realm, to HELP out their Work.

Warmane should have Community Leaders from each Realm what they host, these peoples could Raid together with Guilds to see why X and Y should be fixed and tuned again. Instead of reporting everything separated by Boss fights, they could write a Note about what is:

High Priority: Boss parries a lot, boss oneshot the tank who has 900k hp, 75k armor at X amount of Item LvL. Important fight mechanics like Adds are not attackable/targetable, they make more or less dmg/ energy bars going crazy wipes the raid. Incorrect amount of HP on the boss for an example at 10 Man Heroic the bosses have the same HP and DMG like on 25 Man Normal + an Extra ability.
    Special Extra Button doesn't work or it's delayed by 2sec or something.

Medium Priority: 5-10 extra energy regenerating/ second of the Boss, Debuff don't reset at the correct time makes bigger dmg (if it's about killing you, then it should be High Priority)

Low Priority: 1 extra (Not important) add, Visual bug on the ground what doesn't disturb your gameplay. (if it's about to make you get really LOW FPS, makes the Realm gets lagged, crashed it would be High Priority!)

You know it's easier to REPLACE A GUILD, when you have a 12000 player populated realm like Icecrown where they have average 2000 player in the QUE.

I think our Community could work very well with Warmane, if WE could get a chance.

We could make Frostwolf and Warmane great TOGETHER, if Warmane would like to Work together with their Community.

We could bring Active players here, Streamers, we could host PVP Tournaments maybe not for Big amount of money, if that would be the key to the succes, we could make it for a RARE Mount or for a Small amount of Coins or anything else what is tradeable Ingame or at the Website, just like in a local Lan parties.

#MakeWarmaneGreatAgain
    #MWGA
    I didn't mention anything about the players that completed the content and left. They don't matter they moved on and established themselves elsewhere and I don't see them coming back for the most part. But there is interest in the realm from new players as I see fresh faces leveling regularly.
    There is a staff team that tests content after its fixed if you didn't already know so there is not need for community leaders for the realm. There is nothing wrong with the current bug report system it already has a priority system the issue is that the reports are not fixed.
    Streamers not gonna happen unless its from youtube gaming or facebook and those don't matter. Tournaments won't happen with a broken realm so we are back to square one in that only a fixed realm will revive frostwolf and thats isn't going to happen.

7. May 30, 2019  
    Frostwolf is in a bad spot right now, there's little question about it. I have a suggestion that I would love to hear from the community and (hopefully) staff on.

How would you guys feel on a restart of the realm? Here's what I think would make an acceptable restart:

1) Wipe all characters players have right now, however, since Mounts and Achievement are tied to accounts, leave those as is.

2) Wipe Realm First achievements, and PvP achievements (arena, Rated BG, etc.)

3) Give all accounts with the level 90 achievement 2 level 85 characters, and everyone has to level up and gear up together again.

I think a fresh start for this realm would bring some life back to it. For this plan to work though, it would REALLY help to fix all the Pandaria quests, dungeons, and raids. Sadly seems like Warmane has little intention of doing that, but its a thought.

TL;DR Wipe all the characters but leave mounts and MOST achievements. Wipe all realm firsts and challenge modes, etc. Give players some level 85 characters to start with again.

Might destroy the realm, but its pretty dead as is, so might get some new traffic from old (and maybe even new) players. We're mostly attached to our mounts and achievements (and transmog gear, but I don't know if that can be saved), so at least we will keep those.
    You know that's not going to happen, warmane does not do restarts, they did not do it with cataclysm and they will not do it with frostwolf, correct the errors that are currently in frostwolf, or open their secret expansion, it is not viable to perform reboots on a server where there is a marketplace where you can get all the equipment with coins that many people got by donating, warmane knows that very well, put their developers to work to correct the problems that exist on the server. Restart frostwolf when they could not even correct errors during all these years and even more so that frostwolf has no income from donations would mean another failure. Correct the errors that currently exist or close and transfer to expansions where they have a stable core and totally corrected as icecrown or outland.

8. June 1, 2019  
    there is no solution for mop realm, simply cuz warmane ignored it and focus in wotlk, they open TBC instead of fixing MoP made many serious pve guilds lost their patient. get over it and move to another server

9. June 1, 2019  
    I am sorry but I disagree with the restart, I have 3 full bis and 5 almost bis pve chars tha worked hard for. And as some one else said restarting will accomplish nothing. This is my pov tough so no hate please.

P.s. EGB, Stormborn and Vatican are not coming back.

10. June 2, 2019  
    every day there is a new topic complaining about the server state or suggesting a new ways to fix it.
    its just strike me that we simply talking about it between us to our self.
    i still didn't see any response from the staff/dev team about the future of this realm (working on low content raids/dungs is meaningless when you have mach more urgent issues that need fixing).
    dear friends, sadly but simply its over :( all of those complaining and the suggesting of new ways to fix the current state is simply falling on empty ears. this last 1.5 years of silence is the evident fact for that.

11. June 3, 2019  
    All should be start as lvl 1 then and yeah keep the Mounts and some achievements its a good idea +1 but for sure admins won't do anything XD

12. June 3, 2019  
    Yeah , Noto, Bist brightist idea ever Because if a fresh restart happens , you won't have to deal with the EXISTING bugs and since Frostwolf had Tons of Dedicated Devs for it and a lot of dev support , i'm pretty sure things would evolve pretty fast .

13. June 3, 2019  

14. June 4, 2019  
    Personally I would never go back if I lost all my characters and there's always the risk of losing existing players if a wipe occurs. Either way a wipe does not solve the major problem that is the amount of bugs and broken content which made players quit in the first place.

15. June 6, 2019  
    Not all of us are Endgame players, that wipe can devastate any from the low level community, the same community that warmane has given empty promises to and made us look like fools on the day we were told our BGs got fixed. The community I am part of in Frostwolf is nothing more than a ghost of it's former self, and nothing can be done about it... Aside from that them opening SWP NOW is an insult to injury. When Warmane came back after what took place long time ago, it was said we will be heard... Present Day.... nada... Unless you are on a wotlk realm ofc.

Wiping don't help players come back, it will only destroy what is left, kicking the realm while it is down, in this sense.