1. June 1, 2019  

"It's BoE, all need".

Hello, I'd love to ask you how do you feel about this situation.
    I was in a trash run ICC raid (for rep mainly) and the ring for tank drops. I was the tank at the moment. Suddenly and for my surprise the raid leader states "It's BoE, all need". I mean, what the heck? Then a mage took a tank drop...

Is this OK for you? Am I the only one not understanding how is selling in AH a BoE more important than fairly distributing the loot of a raid? Is this really OK in everybody's mind?

I'm honestly amazed the level of stupidity of this.

2. June 1, 2019  
    Since you're asking for opinions, i will say that there is nothing you can do about it if it was decided by the raid leader. Want a "fair" distribution?, Host your own raids and set the loot rules, where you can even reserve all boes if you want, people who join will know it and nobody will complain.

3. June 1, 2019  
    Maybe I haven't expressed this correctly.
    I'm trying to debate if this mentality is fair. In my situation, nobody said so. But what impacted me is that everybody assumes is every man for himself with these drops.

4. June 1, 2019  
    Players whose class can use the item will still sometimes sell these drops if allowed to have priority, so it makes sense in pugs to just treat them as gold drops/free for all.

5. June 1, 2019  
    Usually BoE items are free roll in raids, except if the raid leader says otherwise.

6. June 2, 2019  
    what about rolling plans and patterns without profesion?

7. June 2, 2019  
    Depends on what plans/patterns it is. for icc its usually only cooking and JC(rare) that drops so if you need you need. If its like the epic toc25 patterns ofc it depends on the raidleader but most of the times ppl had to link their profession to prove they can roll for it

8. June 2, 2019  
    i meant TBC plans from trash mobs where 99% of the time everyone rolls need on everything

9. June 2, 2019  
    Usually the ICC rep farms says on the recruit message "BOE FREE ROLL", so even when they don't say it, I assume it is.
    On full raid runs, usually BOE from trash is free roll, while BOE from bosses is either treated like BOP, with the exception that whoever wins it must wear it immediately or will be accused of ninja rolling, OR boe is reserved (usually in guild runs where they drop them in the GV).
    Never seen a raid where BOE from bosses was free roll from the start.

On the other hand, the way Battered Hilt is treated as gold bonus on dungeon runs, is in my opinion count as ninja rolling, considering lot of people need the item for use, but some guy who gonna sell it for 10k on AH wins the roll.