1. June 3, 2019  

MM Hunter Gems

Hey!

I got a aquestion ( probably stupid ) but which gems should i pick Arp or Agi?
    I'm a bit confused tbh.
    Someone told me that i should go for full Arp gems.

My gear:

Head
    Neck
    Shoulder
    Chest
    Gloves
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants
    Pants

2. June 3, 2019  
    Not yet. Arp becomes better than agi when you near bis. Best would be to check rawr. Guideline I used to use was that you should regem agi to arp once you can reach arp cap (1400) by it.

Before then try to get a trinket that has arp proc. Needle encrusted scorpion, etc..

3. June 3, 2019  
    And please, for the love of everything, replace that gun.

4. June 3, 2019  
    Rowan's rifle is better than everything apart from ICC and TOGC 25 alternatives.

5. June 3, 2019  
    Rowan's rifle is better than everything apart from ICC and TOGC 25 alternatives.
    after reading up some, the only thing it does better than the others is auto attack damage
    Edited: June 3, 2019

6. June 3, 2019  
    the only thing it does better than the others is auto attack damage
    Which has a massive weightage on Hunter performance compared to everything else. Ilevel 219/232 alternatives that have much lower weapon damage are not redeemed just because they might have 25 Agi 25 Crit in place of the Dodge and Parry that's present on Rowan's rifle.

The thing about Rowan's Rifle is that it has a baseline weapon DPS that actually reflects its 264 ilevel. For comparison, look at Rowan's Rifle of Silver Bullets vs Njorndar Bone Bow.

Both weapons have the same DPS when you account for weapon speed. The main reason the Njorndar Bow is better isn't because of the stats present on the weapon (..although obviously that's one of the things). It's because of the impact its higher weapon damage has on Chimera Shot/Aimed Shot/Kill Shot. Ranged weapons with an ilevel much lower than this don't have the weapon damage necessary to offset the ilevel 264-worthy DPS of Rowan's Rifle.

7. June 3, 2019  
    Both weapons have the same DPS when you account for weapon speed. The main reason the Njorndar Bow is better isn't because of the stats present on the weapon (..although obviously that's one of the things). It's because of the impact its higher weapon damage has on Chimera Shot/Aimed Shot/Kill Shot. Ranged weapons with an ilevel much lower than this don't have the weapon damage necessary to offset the ilevel 264-worthy DPS of Rowan's Rifle.
    after reading up some, the only thing it does better than the others is auto attack damage
    While I'm also making this point about Hunter shots, it's worth bringing up that Steady Shot is unique in that it scales perfectly to weapon DPS. Both weapon and ammo damage are normalized to 2.8 speed when Steady Shot damage is calculated.

Unlike your other shots, Steady Shot will always do the same damage if your weapon DPS is the same.

I.e. if you changed a bow that had 1.5 speed, 100 damage to a bow that had 3.0 speed, 200 damage instead, the Steady Shot damage of both weapons would be equal. The latter would however do stronger Chimera Shots/Aimed Shots/etc.

But the point is, to say that Rowan's rifle does auto attack better damage is to also say that it does Steady Shot damage better, by the same extent.

8. You're absolute right.

I were wondering wich Rweapon would do more dmg so i went to test it:

Rowan's rifle did 3.1k dps on dummy target while TOC25N crossbow did only 2.9k dps.

And as i checked the only upgrades for Rowan's rifle are icc10 bow from lady / icc10 rifle from queen / icc25 bow from lady.

Maybe TOGC 25hc crossbow is better as well.