1. June 3, 2019  

lost faith about PvP΄s future after a GM's answear .. :/

Was currently playing at the Blackrock realm and was waiting in queue for my BG. At the same time there there was a crowed in the middle of the mall because there was a GM online. One guy in particular told him that he was sick about the state of PvP and he doesnt want to play anymore against donators and the answear of this particular GM was and i quote " Get good". I know that one Gm doesnt represent the majority of the Warmane staff BUT if more people of the staff of this server have this mindset i dont expect anything to change in the future.

2. June 3, 2019  
    Hi there. I believe its me that you saw online today.

Part of my persona ingame is to be a bit edgy and a sentence that is being used often toward extremely disrespectful people is "i think its a l2p issue".
    Simply because the players around sees how rude that person is and they get the joke.
    Of course this could look bad from an outsiders perspective.

After some time when the rude person calmed down we usually settle and he gets the situation explained in a friendly manner.

3. June 3, 2019  
    Hi there. I believe its me that you saw online today.

Part of my persona ingame is to be a bit edgy and a sentence that is being used often toward extremely disrespectful people is "i think its a l2p issue".
    Simply because the players around sees how rude that person is and they get the joke.
    Of course this could look bad from an outsiders perspective.

After some time when the rude person calmed down we usually settle and he gets the situation explained in a friendly manner.
    Yeah, it was you, i just didnt want to write any names and target you personally because as you said i am outsider and i dont play that long at this server so i dont know many people yet. Thank you for replying. So considering that you saw my post i want to ask you this : Is the staff of this server aware of the complains of the people and do they have any particular solution? as an insider i think you can answear at least this.
    Thank you.

4. June 3, 2019  
    No worries! Regarding the "donor situation" we have to keep in mind that now when we have crossrealm we are playing against players that have been playing those chars for many years and many have earned their gear from the game and not the shop.
    One thing that is being addressed right now (work in progress) is a daily quest to compensate the lack of honor you can get from Wintergrasp on the other realms.
    Speeding up the gearing progresses a bit while promoting arena activity since those quests will be based on arena gameplay.

5. June 3, 2019  
    Hi Malaco, why don't you put a realcrossfaction on all server ?

I've been doing bg in both factions for 3 years now, since the crossfaction is on on Blackrock the bg make no sense..

Horde team is exclusively made of alliance players from blackrock, most of them are S7, most of pvp guilde and players went alliance
    Alliance team is bis premade from icecrown and stomp horde

90% of bgs follow this patern. You can tag some bg and you'll see how bad is the pvp since the crossfaction is on. You'll see the gear gap between the two factions. Most of pvpers i know think that crossfaction should be implemented on increcrown too in order to "mix" the bis players in Horde.

There are plenty of complainings posts on the forum, do you think you'll change anything in the future?

Thanks, a pvp player who love Warmane

6. June 4, 2019  
    Hey! I’ve actually done quite some BGs on blackrock and I can try shine some light on the situation.

I do understand why some people find the current situation problematic.

So let’s try break it down.
    The main issue is the faction imbalance in wotlk pvp with alliance have the dominated population.

When we introduced crossrealm we quickly ran into an issue with long queue times for alliance.
    Blackrock, being the only server that really don’t care about what faction they are became a huge part in balancing out the queues by allowing them to become horde.
    That had a huge positive impact but created an illusion of unfairness with getting “low geared players”

We’ve been monitoring the win ratio and funny enough it did not matter if blackrock became horde or not... the win ratio was still 33%.
    The queues took about 20 min for an alliance players to pop. Not acceptable.
    With like over 200 alliance waiting for horde players to queue.

So with that data we can draw conclusions is that the mercenary mode does give bigger benefits than it being disabled.

You mentioned full crossfaction for all realms. Yes that would be the best solution but sadly both icecrown and lordaeron is strongly against appearing and playing as the opposite faction.

What I did do to improve my win ratio was to queue as a group of 5 with players I could trust doing a good job.
    Our win ratio got bumped up to 75% simply by running a premade with full S7 gear.

I hope this helped you to understand the situation better and sadly I don’t think there’s any good solution until people change their mind regarding playing as the opposite faction.

7. June 4, 2019  
    The daily quest is a nice idea.
    Will there also be additional honor rewards for those that already have all the honor gear?
    Maybe goody bags with a random vanity item inside? Would be a good way to make items purchaseable on Blackrock which are right now only available on the other realms.
    You mentioned full crossfaction for all realms. Yes that would be the best solution but sadly both icecrown and lordaeron is strongly against appearing and playing as the opposite faction.
    Are you sure that ppl on Lord and Icc are against cross-faction BGs?
    The vast majority on Icc plays human in PvP for the only sake of having the strongest racial. Isn't that the prove that ppl feel no faction patriotism nowadays?
    Maybe on Lordaeron are a few ppl left that are into rp, those who care about faction affinity, but only a handfull of ppl does PvP on that PvE oriented realm. All the Lordaeron PvEers wouldn't even be affected by cross-faction BGs.
    Edited: June 5, 2019

8. June 4, 2019  
    yeah I definately believe that the majority of players would be happy in the long run with having mercenary mode activated for all realms. I mean that was the original plan with the poll wasn't it?

9. June 4, 2019  
    The main issue is the faction imbalance in wotlk pvp with alliance have the dominated population.
    Script the Every Man for Himself racial ability to share a cooldown with the trinket two slot, or remove it and add a different racial ability.

Problem solved.

10. June 4, 2019  
    Hey! I’ve actually done quite some BGs on blackrock and I can try shine some light on the situation.

I do understand why some people find the current situation problematic.

So let’s try break it down.

When we introduced crossrealm we quickly ran into an issue with long queue times for alliance.
    Blackrock, being the only server that really don’t care about what faction they are became a huge part in balancing out the queues by allowing them to become horde.
    That had a huge positive impact but created an illusion of unfairness with getting “low geared players”

We’ve been monitoring the win ratio and funny enough it did not matter if blackrock became horde or not... the win ratio was still 33%.
    The queues took about 20 min for an alliance players to pop. Not acceptable.
    With like over 200 alliance waiting for horde players to queue.

So with that data we can draw conclusions is that the mercenary mode does give bigger benefits than it being disabled.

What I did do to improve my win ratio was to queue as a group of 5 with players I could trust doing a good job.
    Our win ratio got bumped up to 75% simply by running a premade with full S7 gear.

I hope this helped you to understand the situation better and sadly I don’t think there’s any good solution until people change their mind regarding playing as the opposite faction.
    Yes Malaco, there is a solution, disabling the Cross-realm ! Why you and the Staff wont take that in consideration?? The vast majority of the community is against it and hates it.

Also another nice solution is adding an enhanced PVP medallion to "nerf" the human racial a little, enough to let others races to be somewhat competitive again.

11. June 4, 2019  
    Im sure Icecrown players would accept a crossfaction on their realm. Icecrown is not blizzlike anyway, rates x5, gear in shop...

Random bgs are essentialy made of pug, it wont change, people will just switch factions or stop playing. I agree that its easier to win with a PM but most players plays alone and the majority wont change their way of playing.
    Edited: June 4, 2019

12. June 5, 2019  

I
    Well even though this sounds like a good solution but only for a limited amount of people. i mean you are a GM, you play in this server for many years, you know way more people than most of us. This is not the reallity though for the average player who has limited amount of time and want to jump for some fast BGs before he goes to work.He doeant have time to find a group and even if he does communication and trust is an other obstacle. Thats why i think this solution wouldnt work for the majority of the population.

13. June 5, 2019  
    lol, that reminds me the answers to 1vs1 matches topics in retail.

- "what do you suggest to beat a feral in duels"
    - "tell your partner that cc feral during incarnation"

So yeah, for what i understand in this topic for play against alliance you have to do a premade.

14. June 5, 2019  
    Crossrealm is a real disaster......

Every bg are full ICC players 6k+gs on Alliance vs full Blackrock with 5k5gs for Horde side....

JUST DO ****ING SOMETHING OMG YOU KILLING BG'S WITH YOU'RE ****.

15. June 5, 2019  
    lol, that reminds me the answers to 1vs1 matches topics in retail.

- "what do you suggest to beat a feral in duels"
    - "tell your partner that cc feral during incarnation"

So yeah, for what i understand in this topic for play against alliance you have to do a premade.
    Here is one more "clever advice" that Human players give frequently to me:
    "Just CC the human while the double PvE trinket procs are up."
    It's their way to justify that the human racial would be balanced.