1. June 4, 2019  

Bg cuttoff information

I'm hearing all sorts of different information about the cut off between the low geared and high geared brackets.

Some say you can go back, others don't.
    Some say it's 232 ilvl others say it's lower.
    Some say it's off equipped only others don't.
    etc

Is there any proven information, or definite staff information about this?
    Do bag/bank items count? Which average ilvl do you get bumped up? Can you drop back down?

2. June 4, 2019  
    tf are you even going on about

3. June 4, 2019  
    The two brackets at lvl 80. Low and high geared. What keeps you in the low one and all that.

4. June 4, 2019  
    I know what the purpose of the question is and I'll just tell you that If you want to twink, make X9 or a 60/70 like it always has been, don't give ideas to MORE people on how to exploit the low bracket system; I have seen enough alliance tryhards equipping weird stuff in order to stay in the low bracket.

And yes, it should be considered exploiting:

exploit
    verb
    /ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛkˈsplɔɪt/
    1.make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on...
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"

5. June 4, 2019  
    I'm actually not trying to exploit of twink. This is my first character, and sometimes I randomly get bumped into the high geared bracket, and as a disc I get globaled. I want to stay as long as possible with decent gear so I can farm enough off pieces to not die in 2 seconds once I move up.
    I don't have a single donated item.

I even agree with you that it's an exploit. I just want to know if I can buy my warthfull offset and drop it in the bank while I farm the rest of my gear while being able to stay competitive.

edit: I'm sure if they wanted to the staff could implement a way to check if a character has an item above a certain item level (kinda similar to blackrock where you can't queue if you're not fully equipped) then lock them out of low geared bgs. They most likely don't because I've seen lots of people with 3kgs and sm or heroic ICC gear from the store so they're making lots of cash.
    Edited: June 4, 2019

6. June 4, 2019  
    They don't want to share this information to the players because they don't want twinking in lower brackets, They even changed the ilvl required and forced bunch of old twinks up to high bracket to get rid of them.
    I think the gearscore for high brackets was smth like 4700.

7. June 4, 2019  
    Ah so instead of sharing it and fixing the loopholes (less $$) it stays a secret and people have no idea why there's a change in bgs. The worst is when I get games in the lower bracket then randomly I get grouped higher up then back down while I have no gear changes...

8. June 4, 2019  
    1) It's based on average ilevel, similar to the calculation that's used to check whether you can do heroics. It's not gearscore, because gearscore is calculated somewhat differently (different slots have different weights). But the exact number is a secret (good luck getting official word on anything...).
    2) There are twinks on both sides. I know of a few ones. They are annoying but I don't think they'll do anything against them. Where would you draw the line anyway?
    3) If the low bracket queue is too slow, you'll get lumped into the high bracket. That's what happened to you.

9. June 4, 2019  
    They even changed the ilvl required and forced bunch of old twinks up to high bracket to get rid of them.
    They really did that? LOL if true.

10. June 4, 2019  
    2) There are twinks on both sides. I know of a few ones. They are annoying but I don't think they'll do anything against them. Where would you draw the line anyway?
    3) If the low bracket queue is too slow, you'll get lumped into the high bracket. That's what happened to you.
    2)anything above fos/pos/hon hc levels of gear? since the cutoff seems to be around the 232 area which is what's dropped there. Honestly that'd be a good compromise as that would allow you to fall back to the bracket if you wanted without being broken OP. Any piece above 232 should instantly bump you to the higher bracket. That way it would be very clear and "balanced" around 232 gear which isn't that hard to get (furious mixed with pve). They could even add a furious vendor with off pieces.

3) thanks never knew why/when that happened. (though i'd rather get a longer q than get stomped by wrathfull geared players)