1. June 4, 2019  

What the hell is this place / returning veteran

Hello fellow Warmanes,
    After an eternity of abstinence I returned to the shores of Durotar last weekend. (My last memories of wow involve pet battles, so it must have been MOP times. But it was retail wow, i´m almost sure. But the last raid was Ulduar after Naxx got boring...
    This, Icecrown, is a strange place. The trade chat is just trade spam for characters. /Global is the same. Does nobody want to keep their characters?
    Leveling x7 is nice until you realize that you need to pay for new spells like every 5 minutes. Picking up gear in dungeons seems to be out of the question, at least in the lower bracket (my Shaman is 21 now) as there is really no incentive looking for a group (until you found a tank, everyone is 5 levels further)
    I can´t affort the 4g60 for the Lvl 20 mount lol. And I need to do the water totem quests, which involve a ****load of running.
    So, funny new world, this place. I got me some heirloom stuff, which gets me 3 parts of equipment I hopefully don't need to worry about until Northrend.
    Is there a leveling guild on Horde side for getting to know people? (If you see me running after some mobs, drop me an invite, the name is Batoosai.

2. June 5, 2019  
    Hello! Welcome, yeah the trade and global is pretty insane, global chat is really just LFG/Trade, city/general chats are a bit better usually for actual talking. If you really want some nice gold, I would pick up mining, you can get a lot of gold selling to the AH (and I mean a lot) and it should pay for the rest of your leveling experience. You will level a bit faster not doing dungeons, only until outland it starts to become worthwhile when you want a break from quests. Once you hit wotlk doing rdf normals would be nice to get some gear.

If you need help am I'm on dont be afraid to ask me, my names are Alahdin, Holydoctor and Astralwaters

3. June 5, 2019  
    Thank you for the reply. Yesterday I stumbled over a “Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight” and sold it for 250g. That should cover the costs for spells.
    Mining is a great idea. I took on skinning as well.
    Will ping you definitely, just to say hello.