1. June 3, 2021  

Arena gear for high rate arena

Hello everyone!
    I just wondering what resil rate for DK's do your need to play well on high rate in soloQ and 2v2 team (rate 2.2+), please share your expirience.
    And secondly is there big difference between meta haste + str proc sigil instead of standart crit meta + coil sigil?
    Thanks for your replys and You're all Breathtaking!!!
    Edited: June 3, 2021 Reason: refinement

2. June 3, 2021  
    Check armory.Not many dks tho.
    No YOU'RE BREATHTAKING!!!!

3. June 4, 2021  
    Hi there!

Regarding resil, you would be fine with ~950+. The sweetspot is around 1100.
    Haste meta = more bursty (gargoyle casts faster + if you have proc weapon it will have increased chance to proc)
    Crit% meta = standard, nothing special in in it since DKs do not kinda benefit from crit damage increase.

Str Sigil is better just in AoE situation and I would rather take it in 3s when playing with spriest/lock, otherwise not.
    Coil sigil = how DK is played on wotlk, since you'll most likely play for setting up gos with CC on enemy healer and dumping 3 coils into your target with all the procs you have.

Hope that this helped. You're breathtaking

4. June 5, 2021  
    I've been wondering about the haste meta gem myself.
    It might be good for SM, because the proc is triggered from melee attacks only, so more haste = faster procs. I wouldn't use it for Bryntroll though, since the drain procs mainly from our melee special abilities (Scourge, Blood, Plague Strike etc.).
    Now Gargoyle and CE would benefit a lot from this gem in theory, but the haste buff is only 5 sec long. It would have to line up with the rest of your procs, you have to have 60 runic power & be in the right situation, where you would want to use Gargoyle. My point is, it's very situational, especially for CE.

The crit% meta gem might be good vs cloth & leather targets, since our SS has extra 6% chance to crit & 30% improved critical damage (Vicious Strikes), but it wouldn't be as good vs mail & plate, because our main source of damage on them is DC, not SS, and our spell crit chance is pretty low. It would be a lot stronger for frost DK's etc, where you crit all the time.

If you're an orc, the 42AP + 10% stun reduction meta is pretty neat, because attack power > crit & the stun reduction stacks nicely with Hardiness (15% stun reduction).

I personally play with the 1% spell reflection meta, because reflecting a Cyclone/Poly/Hex/HoJ/Lava Burst etc. is pretty useful. It disrupts the ?play flow? (I think you get what I mean) of your opponents and could change the outcome of a game. The only downside is that it's very RNG, but It's also very fun.

@amnezs is right about the Sigils.

My take on resi:
    Everybody plays with different values, my sweet spot is 1150, It's sort of in the middle between being offensive & defensive. I find this value pretty good for 3vs3 and 2vs2 when playing with a double dps, but with a healer I would go with less resi & more offensive stats instead.
    Edited: June 5, 2021

5. July 1, 2021  
    Regarding haste meta... According to my personal observation and minor tests that haste proc does NOT affect our Garg burst in any way. I think it would be one of the hottest topics in Wotlk PVP if it affected it. I made Bugtracker entry to see what can be done...

6. July 2, 2021  
    It is really interesting subject.
    I can see in top50 soloQ 4 DKs.
    1) Mordeabuser who plays with crit meta, bryn and Glyph of Icy Touch.
    2) Sovjet with haste meta, bryn and usual glyphs.
    3) double Exyth with haste meta, usual glyphs and bryn / SM.
    As we can see every suite is good!
    And i came to conclusion that doesn't rly matter what set of wep+meta do you use.
    The right playstyle is the only influential moment to be good at high rate.

So now i have logical question...
    How to DK on high rate?
    What the main aim in different situations?
    Maye you can share your tricks or exp how to be good at arena?
    Im starting with Virulence sigil, after summon garg switch it to coil, sometimes playing with Virulence against cloths - is this profitable?

P.P.S.
    Thanks for your replies!
    You're all Breathtaking!!!
    Edited: July 2, 2021 Reason: question for Lorinvirtue89