1. June 5, 2019  

Should i start on Lordaeron?

Hi,

I'm a new player to WOW private servers scene, and i've heard that warmane is the best server right now. Because i never got the chance to level on WOTLK started playing only after MOP, where blizzard gave me a boost, i would like to play this expansion since i don't like retail wow anymore. And i've heard good things about WOTLK.

I don't really care about pvp, or doing raids because i don't have the time required to put into it. I will do maybe ocassionally bg's. And maybe some low raids if anyone does them.

I am more interested in questing/ reading the quests, doing low level dungeons with people, professions, maybe pvp from time to time, helping others with dungeons.

1. Do you thing Lordaeron is ok for what i want to do?
    2. Everyone is 80, or people are still leveling?
    3. Do people do dungeons? or everyone is just questing?
    4. Are quests scripted? Loremaster?

Edit: Forgot to say i'm EU GMT+2. Usually play at night. ST is 1 hour behind me.

Thank you,
    Have a nice day
    Edited: June 5, 2019

2. June 5, 2019  
    Server is definitely active for leveling up, if you want to play casually and enjoy the journey you should definitely be able to enjoy the server. Welcome.

3. June 5, 2019  
    For the experience you are looking for, Lordaeron is just for you. The normal 1x rates make it so you have a nice slow pace in leveling and get to experience the whole journey to level 80. Most people here are for the raiding, so while you can get ganked, it isn't as prevalent as on Icecrown, so you can chill while leveling. To try and answer your questions:

1. It is probably the best realm for what you are looking for.
    2. There are loads of people still leveling, although there are alot of max level players as well. You shouldn't have trouble finding mates though.
    3. People try to use dungeons but questing is still the main path people take when leveling.
    4. The vast majority of quests work and there is no problem for you to get Loremaster.

Welcome on Lordaeron!

4. June 5, 2019  
    If you wanna play on a dead server sure. Auction house is dead and dungeon queues take forever unless you queue at the time of day where most people are on.
    Tl;dr
    No

5. June 5, 2019  
    I cant see your reasons for saying the server is dead? AH is active and i've never had much trouble finding the items I needed on there. Dungeon queues can take some time depending on lvl and ofc it will likely take longer if you queue during servers lowtide.

6. June 5, 2019  
    it also depends on the role you queue as, tanks and heals have significantly much faster queue for rdf, even not on active hours.
    Also if you are on a leveling zone for your level, you can always /1 for asking people to queue rdf, most of the time that trick gave me fast rdf pops.

7. June 5, 2019  
    Thank you guys for your response, i have not yet decided on a class. I will start my journey here after i get home from work :). I have tried icecrown server, but i don't really like the fast xp gain. And i don't really care really much about high-end raiding. I will maybe get T10 with emblems and that will be it for me :))

Because i know how pugs work, people most of the time require you to be ilvl higher than what the bosses drop, and unfortunately i cannot stick to a guild program, i can raid from time to time but i can't promise someone that i will stick to a 2-3 days program. :( Feelzbadman, but i can still enjoy the game other ways. Maybe i will find a social guild :)

8. June 5, 2019  
    If you wanna play on a dead server sure. Auction house is dead and dungeon queues take forever unless you queue at the time of day where most people are on.
    Tl;dr
    No
    I verified this and it definitely isn't dead. 6k peak, 2.5k low. Auction house active.

9. June 5, 2019  
    There are reasons for evade lordaeron, but low pop or economy isn't one of them.
    Edited: June 6, 2019

10. June 6, 2019  
    I started a shaman on horde side, Razangul, and first impressions were really good. i got to level 10, when i was level 5 i went to orgrimmar to ask for 10s so i can learn professions too, and a guy helped me with 100g, was amazed by this :). People were flowing everywhere, did a /who on alot of dungeons and i always saw players. So joining as a healer for dungeons i think will be quick, i play on peak times.
    Dead economy means that there are no items on AH, or everything that is there is overpriced. Didn't saw that on Lordaeron.

Saw some RP-ers from alliance at the first keep in durotar. They were defending the keep. It was a nice time.

11. June 6, 2019  
    There are reasons for evade lordaeron, but low pop or economy isn't one of them.
    Devs balancing raids according to one guilds needs are one however

12. June 6, 2019  
    honeypotxd, care to elaborate which guild you are talking aobut and providing proof of your accusations? just curious

13. June 6, 2019  
    Can someone ban this Ezzary for misleading already, he is obv just another icecrown player that just hates lord and this aint his 1st time spreading lies.

14. June 6, 2019  
    Honestly, I recently made a shaman as well, and after a while of trying to accumulate healing gear, I decided to stop queueing as healer because most of my pops were as dps (also not wanna waste gold on dual spec yet), and still I get RDF pops very fast. Longest time I ever waited on this char was 15mins and that was only when I queued directly for a dung and not on random dungeon.
    Currently lvl 52 but focusing more my higher level chars now.

15. June 7, 2019  
    For anyone that just want to enjoy a slow leveling this realm is a blessing. The community so far is really nice IMO. All the players i've partied with were helpful, and some of them even after they finished their quest they helped me finish mine too. It was awesome. And the realm is not dead at all. For me coming from BFA this serfer is a blessing, BFA has no sense of community. I really like this realm. :)