1. June 6, 2019  

Server-modifications to Guild system (a'la Cataclysm)

Hi there r/Warmane :)

As a veteran 3.x.x player, certain "lack" of features, due to older content, is just getting old, or rather repetitive if you please.

With the Cataclysm expansion, Blizzard incorporated Guild-leveling system that took guild developments to the whole new level.

There a number of perks that are good & could greatly contribute to the community, BUT there are perks even I would STRONGLY be against of.

Examples of perks, some of which are to be nerfed, that would be a great addition to creating stronger guild communities:

1. Experience gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 3% (Rank+) (original rank 1 was 5%)
    2. Increases speed while mounted by 3%. Not active in Battlegrounds or Arenas. (Rank+) (original rank 1 was 5%)
    3. Reputation gained from killing monsters and completing quests increased by 3%. (Rank+) (original rank 1 was 5%)
    4. Items take 3% less durability loss when you die. (Rank+) (original rank 1 was 5%)
    5. Reduces the cooldown on your Hearthstone by 10 minutes. (original was 15 minutes)
    6. Increases health and mana gained when resurrected by a guild member by 50% and increases movement speed while dead by 100%. Does not function in combat or while in a Battleground or Arena.
    7. In-game mail sent between guild members now arrives instantly.
    8. Increases the quantity of materials gained from Mining, Skinning, Herbalism, and Disenchanting by 15%.
    9 Reduces the price of items & repairs from all vendors by 5%. --- OR using guild bank gold will grant 5% price reduction.

So, hear me out.
    Guild is a community on its own level. Given how easily most members disregard guilds and try to benefit from them as much as possible. But allowing these perks to be active only while you are a member of a guild and once kicked/left you lose them, it may encourage other players contribute to guild activities more. In addition, I did not mention a single perk that generates extra gold (except for repairs), so these things should not affect the economy in any noticeable way. Those are just little QoL and something guilds can be proud of.

Currently, Warmane already tracks Guild-based point system. Just build off that if you can. The more raids guilds do, the more quest done by guild mates, the more points guild earns.

Just my 2 cents.

Here is the link to the full list of perks:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=163763/...sm-guild-perks
    Edited: June 6, 2019

2. June 7, 2019  
    I don't see this as a necessity since leveling is fast and easy enough on x7 without the xp boost and mount and reps. Gold making parts would just counter the yearly gold drains since people would get +15% mats, -5% repair costs, would affect world pvp for players without guilds (2-3 friends playing). The only one that I'd say wouldn't harm much people and would be "eh ok" is instant mail, but heck, even those could wait most of the time. You could mail guildie some potions/flasks from gbank whenever he asked for it, also kinda affects wpvp.

You'll get more guilds like those on retail that autoinvite you (got those here) and you'd be more motivated to stay in those god horrible guilds just cause you get some bonus speed, bit of xp and some cheaper repairs.

3. I don't see this as a necessity since leveling is fast and easy enough on x7 without the xp boost and mount and reps.
    Icecrown perhaps, but I forgot to mention that I am a Lordaeron x1 player.
    In addition, with x7 +15% is literally a joke. So, x1 gives 100exp, x7 will give 700 and with guild perk 715exp. Won't make a difference to x7, but for x1 it will.

Gold making parts would just counter the yearly gold drains since people would get +15% mats, -5% repair costs,
    It won't affect economy nearly as much as yearly gold cut initiated by Warmane. If anything, it will encourage spending more gold on AH, as gems/mats will no longer cost such an outrages price.

would affect world pvp for players without guilds (2-3 friends playing).
    And now this isn't the case? None of those perks even give any advantages in pvp. None.

"eh ok" is instant mail, but heck, even those could wait most of the time. You could mail guildie some potions/flasks from gbank whenever he asked for it, also kinda affects wpvp.
    To each their own. Same account ingame is instant anyway. So no, it won't affect wpvp in any way.

You'll get more guilds like those on retail that autoinvite you (got those here) and you'd be more motivated to stay in those god horrible guilds just cause you get some bonus speed, bit of xp and some cheaper repairs.
    It is a risk. But so does every single QoL feature bring risks - RDF brings under geared slackers and AFK'ers. Global is being spammed to death by 2 people in EU night times (my US evening play times)

Warmane is NOT a blizzlike realm anymore. It was, like 6 years ago, but not anymore. Warmane has dozens of custom features that retail didn't have in 2010.
    Yes, there will be spams. Just set them on ignore and keep playing. BUT, on the counterpart, it will generate much higher guild connections & activity and will allow A LOT OF smaller guilds to actually progress & retain players.

If you grind up rep in the guild, then leave and join another guild, you will lose that rep and will need to grind up again and thus will ultimately harm yourself. None of those perks are game breaking or leading to any advantages over other players (Look at multiboxers omg)