1. Hopefully never, and if you play it it is legit just stealing from blizzard. Imo private servers atm serve a grey area because they offer content you cannot get from anywhere else, however soon Blizzard will offer proper vanilla servers.

So grow a pair and play vanilla on retail and support the creators of the game instead of cheapening your way out (no offense to warmane, but if classic woltk or tbc ever hits ill have the same opinion)

(and if you live somewhere or in a state where 13 bucks a month is to much to sustain, go change your life around, if your that poor make it a priority to not be that poor)
    why pay for something you can get for free. if they both offer roughly the same gaming experience you'd be stupid to pay for retail solely for something you can get for free here.

2. why pay for something you can get for free. if they both offer roughly the same gaming experience you'd be stupid to pay for retail solely for something you can get for free here.
    Same reason why i dont go into a store and take everything i want for free without paying. Because it is stealing and it is morally wrong.

3. So grow a pair and play vanilla on retail and support the creators of the game instead of cheapening your way out (no offense to warmane, but if classic woltk or tbc ever hits ill have the same opinion)
    The sub is completely overpriced.
    Beeing forced to pay over 10 euro per month just be able to play classic wow is pathetic.
    As long as Activision Blizzard is that greedy they won't get a dime from me even though I could afford it.

4. Same reason why i dont go into a store and take everything i want for free without paying. Because it is stealing and it is morally wrong.
    have fun with your morals. i'll keep my money.

5. The sub is completely overpriced.
    Beeing forced to pay over 10 euro per month just be able to play classic wow is pathetic.
    As long as Activision Blizzard is that greedy they won't get a dime from me even though I could afford it.
    Actually you aren't even forced to pay, if you don't want > no game. No one is forcing you to pay that. Also 11-12 euros per month is actually not that much at all, considering Vanilla will be free. You won't have to buy the game as well. For those 11-12 euros you get full server without any quest bugged,etc. Almost everything will be working correctly.

6. July 7, 2019  
    Actually you aren't even forced to pay, if you don't want > no game. No one is forcing you to pay that. Also 11-12 euros per month is actually not that much at all, considering Vanilla will be free. You won't have to buy the game as well. For those 11-12 euros you get full server without any quest bugged,etc. Almost everything will be working correctly.
    We speak about possibility same project with version1.12 of WoW to be started here on Warmane

7. July 7, 2019  
    Actually you aren't even forced to pay, if you don't want > no game. No one is forcing you to pay that.
    You don't say. If you want to play ONLY classic however you still have to pay the complete WoW sub.
    Also 11-12 euros per month is actually not that much at all, considering Vanilla will be free. You won't have to buy the game as well. For those 11-12 euros you get full server without any quest bugged,etc. Almost everything will be working correctly.
    A full title game cost 40-50 euro. We are talking here about complete games that were developed from the scratch over several years.
    Classic WoW is just a re release and it would cost me already over 120 euro if I want to play it for just a year.
    Sure, after all I'll spend more time with WoW than with a rpg like Witcher or Zelda but that's just because WoW is more grindy and not because it has more content than the mentioned games.

Thats Blizzards concept with WoW: Making everything grindy as **** so ppl keep playing. Addiction included.
    But in fact the game has not more content than many others that have no monthly fee.
    Edited: July 7, 2019

8. July 7, 2019  
    Yeah, vanilla server with 40man multiboxers.
    No, thanks.

9. July 7, 2019  
    Yeah, vanilla server with 40man multiboxers.
    No, thanks.
    Not everyone can handle such weight, sweety. It takes a lot of effort to even begin the process. Cheer up!

10. July 9, 2019  
    Nope, I wouldn't like to start vanilla here, mainly because there will be:

- bugs, and we all know that. Some quests here aren't fixed even after 2 and a half years.
    - store, yep another bad reason. With store opened, people will already donate for weapons, tier sets, max level 60 boost, and so on. This is one of better things on blizzard where a man can't pay for his gear but he has to earn it. Especially for mounts, here they will just buy it 'cause they can!
    - multiboxers, yes there are on original as well but not in big numbers as here, mainly due to big cost.
    - I fear there will be another queue to skip thing hmm...

11. July 9, 2019  
    You don't say. If you want to play ONLY classic however you still have to pay the complete WoW sub.

A full title game cost 40-50 euro. We are talking here about complete games that were developed from the scratch over several years.
    Classic WoW is just a re release and it would cost me already over 120 euro if I want to play it for just a year.
    Sure, after all I'll spend more time with WoW than with a rpg like Witcher or Zelda but that's just because WoW is more grindy and not because it has more content than the mentioned games.

Thats Blizzards concept with WoW: Making everything grindy as **** so ppl keep playing. Addiction included.
    But in fact the game has not more content than many others that have no monthly fee.
    Yes, but you don't have to pay for Vanilla at all, not even the game title. It's free, you would only have to pay for subscription. And they want grindy games not just because of money/time (yeah we all know that), but because of true experience and it feels much satisfying when you get something off from 4 months of grinding rather than ''oh let's do this in 1 day'', it becomes a common item. Also If you don't have enough time for vanilla, don't play it. It's general rule for blizzard game. The only thing I would like to improve in vanilla is rep farming, so it goes quicker but that will never happen.

12. July 9, 2019  
    Nope, I wouldn't like to start vanilla here, mainly because there will be:

- bugs, and we all know that. Some quests here aren't fixed even after 2 and a half years.
    - store, yep another bad reason. With store opened, people will already donate for weapons, tier sets, max level 60 boost, and so on. This is one of better things on blizzard where a man can't pay for his gear but he has to earn it. Especially for mounts, here they will just buy it 'cause they can!
    - multiboxers, yes there are on original as well but not in big numbers as here, mainly due to big cost.
    - I fear there will be another queue to skip thing hmm...
    The bug issue by itself will be a deal-breaker for a lot of people. As an example, WotLK stock cores have been worked on for about a decade, and yet it'd be very possible for someone to suddenly decide to look into a particular aspect of the game a little deeper and uncover a plethora of bugs, ranging anywhere in severity from minor to major, that went unnoticed until now. A lot of people are happy to consider their gameplay bug-free so long as they hit a button and see damage appear on an enemy, or take an action and observe a certain reaction from a boss, but if you're someone with just a slightly keener eye for specific details you can't help but notice how what you're playing is pretty different from the original.

WoW emulation is just a gargantuan undertaking. It's difficult to get right and very punishing to get wrong. If I were to solo Ulduar or ICC on the live version of the game right now, even though I'd be mowing down everything in seconds, I'd still observe several things that would remind me of how different the retail experience was. Everything from NPC casting and movement, RP events, trash mob behaviors, even some aspects of certain boss mechanics. It's stuff like that which puts into perspective how watered down the experience on any private server is by contrast.

And while Blizzard's version of the game will have bugs of its own, quality-wise it's as close to pristine as you're ever going to get.

The other reason I think people would favour Classic over a private Vanilla server is because of the sense of security that comes with having a character under Blizzard's proprietorship. If you know you're going to invest hours upon hours into a character and eventually grow emotionally attached to it to some degree, it might matter to you whether your character was a legitimate part of Blizzard's World of Warcraft universe, or a part of the underbelly that is the private server scene.

13. July 9, 2019  
    Yes, but you don't have to pay for Vanilla at all, not even the game title. It's free,
    It's not free.
    It will cost over 10 euro per month to be able to play it.
    I think that this is just too much for a rerelease. It's simple as that.

14. July 9, 2019  
    It's not free.
    It will cost over 10 euro per month to be able to play it.
    I think that this is just too much for a rerelease. It's simple as that.
    Well you can just buy tokens for gold so it can be free :D

15. July 9, 2019  
    Well you can just buy tokens for gold so it can be free :D
    There is no official statement from Blizz if WoW tokens will be added to Classic.
    And nope, I won't buy BFA and waist my lifetime with grinding gold there just so I can play Classic for free. :D

First 1234 Last